Intel HD Graphics GMA 5700

LowRidinCrew

66 posts in this topic

Ok, to stay on subject, repost your information in here and list who donated $ so we can keep this on track, I want this to be solved just as much as anyone else with a 5700. For goodness sake, I paid $650 for it lol.

Update

Gma5700.2@gmail.com

send donations for Test laptop

Older Thread if you need more information about this.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=223754

Other places I posted try to post information so they know that we are legit.

http://www.hackint0sh.org/f180/338408.htm

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=38342

• Like 1

Ok, to stay on subject, repost your information in here and list who donated $ so we can keep this on track, I want this to be solved just as much as anyone else with a 5700. For goodness sake, I paid $650 for it lol.

Buying mistakes tend to be pretty expensive and that is a fact of life.

Gateway NV7915u When it first came out, It was the cheapest out the bunch.

I paid 800 for my Gateway NV59C09u and its really a great machine, except for the O.S. It works OFTB everything, except GFX, I wanted to killed myself when I found out that there was no kext for intel hd, but well, i just hate win and all their stuff... and of course, I WANT a solution for my laptop... I will donate ASAP but please let me in on the final solution posts!!! :(

To all: you can't buy the cheapest stuff (I was going to say {censored}) and then expect that OS X will run on it because you hate Windows so much.

Do one of the following:

1)Look for a Mac bargain (yes, you can find them if you look hard. I saved 900 Euro on my MacBook Pro).

2)Run Debian Linux on your PC (not Ubuntu). You'll love it.

Yeah, wtf happened to them.

Hacker is still here, lurking around quietly.

Another member has gotten in touch with me, and are now seeking the permission and guidance of the moderators on how to do this properly. We await what they say.

Regards,

Alex

hi guys

I will keep everybody updated as i know more. I contacted the moderators as i said i would and i am currently waiting on their reply. Sit tight as i know we all want this to be worked out. I will contact Alex again and post on here as soon as i know anything. Hopefully we can get this ball rolling again, the right way this time.

ttyl

OK,

so what i know so far is that we can collect donations for a test latop to send to Alex. However we must not let the thread become a flame war again or it will get closed again. i quote the moderator

""I can give you a quick answer straight away: I have nothing against a group of users buying a laptop for testing purposes.

Another reason why I closed the topic was that it had become "a battlefield"

What else to say: be discreet, no boasting and such."

I already have a paypal account that we can use, it doesn't get used for anything else, if everyone trusts that. If not i can set up a new one, let me know. i will do as john did and keep a spread sheet of donators and how much they contributed. As befor if Alex is successful he gets to keep the laptop as a reward, if not it will get passed on to the next person who wants to give it a shot. If these terms are fair and everybody agrees let me know.

OK,

so what i know so far is that we can collect donations for a test latop to send to Alex. However we must not let the thread become a flame war again or it will get closed again. i quote the moderator

""I can give you a quick answer straight away: I have nothing against a group of users buying a laptop for testing purposes.

Another reason why I closed the topic was that it had become "a battlefield"

What else to say: be discreet, no boasting and such."

I already have a paypal account that we can use, it doesn't get used for anything else, if everyone trusts that. If not i can set up a new one, let me know. i will do as john did and keep a spread sheet of donators and how much they contributed. As befor if Alex is successful he gets to keep the laptop as a reward, if not it will get passed on to the next person who wants to give it a shot. If these terms are fair and everybody agrees let me know.

Is the solution only to be distributed to those who have donated? A little more explanation in this area, please. ;)

As befor if Alex is successful he gets to keep the laptop as a reward, if not it will get passed on to the next person who wants to give it a shot.

I was following this topic for a long time since I had a personal involvement (I had a laptop with mentioned GPU) and would like to comment this part. The thing is - most likely there will be no "next person"....also sending laptop across the world to potential "next person" will soon be more expensive than price of the laptop itself. How to get across that point?

There is always a possibility that someone gives remote access to his/her laptop and also time to help testing changes on kexts. Changing kexts can be done on any machine anyway. Alex would that work for you?

"Cloud" is hot word these days :-).

Other possibility is to create a paypal account and take donations. A person that provides the solution gets the prize that is sitting on account. (this is something that was done before in this community and worked just fine)

Comments?

am just interested in finding the solution for our GPU but i just dont know how can i contribute since am from third world there are no such things as paypol but am just proud things are going to next level and the will to solve the problem is there still alive

ok,

I was just trying to help and the person that has the best shot at getting it to work doesnt have a 5700. Ive spoken with the moderators and they are fine with it as long as we dont have all this drama. Lets make this a peaceful community if u want to work on it then by all means keep posting and others will follow your lead. If you dont want to donate then dont but stop complaining about people who might. I dont want drama, i am ok with making it a competition to see who can crack the kext first and the person who does so can keep the pot. Whatever we do it has to be drama free or the thread will get shut down. Once again lets make this a peaceful community.

Also ill add something, i seem to have qe i can watch video online, and with quicktime. This limited me though cause i like to watch mkvs. So i went and downloaded the last version of vlc that had the video output option of quatz extreme. It is vlc version 0.9.2, i can watch all my mks and even an actual dvd, and a dvd ts folder, with that version of VLC. Hope this helps some

Keep the topic straight.

Reason for donations: To get a test laptop for the 5700GMA for the purpose of helping 100's of people with and Windows PC & wants Mac OSX on it.

Why I donated is because I want that and also I'm a music producer, I need my Pro Tools to work with it.

Yes this is the reason for donations, but a couple of people complained and someone posted another option..to donate to a prize pot for the person who does solve the problem. I however vote for the test laptop for alex i think htis will be the quickest means to an end. So what does everybody want to do.