• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Scully

Scully

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Somebody gave me their HP Pavilion a6010e after I convinced them to get a Mac, and rather than disposing of it, I'd like to see if I can install OS X 10.5 or 10.6 on it. I haven't seen any posts describing that being done here, so I'm wondering if it's easily doable, and if so, how.

I know the HP has a 2.2 Ghz Athlon processor and an ASUS motherboard, but that's it.

So if anybody has done this and made it work, I'd like to hear about it, and exactly how to do it on this system.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D

Somebody gave me their HP Pavilion a6010e after I convinced them to get a Mac, and rather than disposing of it, I'd like to see if I can install OS X 10.5 or 10.6 on it. I haven't seen any posts describing that being done here, so I'm wondering if it's easily doable, and if so, how.

I know the HP has a 2.2 Ghz Athlon processor and an ASUS motherboard, but that's it.

So if anybody has done this and made it work, I'd like to hear about it, and exactly how to do it on this system.

I wrote a method for most PCs here. Let me know if it does or doesn't work.

Scully

Scully

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

I wrote a method for most PCs here. Let me know if it does or doesn't work.

That link takes me to a page that says:

Content Not Found
You may have reached this page because:
  • The link used to thermofisher.com was a bad or invalid link.
  • The content requested no longer exists.
  • The address typed in your browser may be wrong
So we know that won't work.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D

That link takes me to a page that says:

Content Not Found
You may have reached this page because:

• The link used to thermofisher.com was a bad or invalid link.
  • The content requested no longer exists.
  • The address typed in your browser may be wrong
So we know that won't work.

Sorry about that. I fixed the link. :D

Scully

Scully

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Sorry about that. I fixed the link. :)

Okay, I got the ModCD image and burned it to a CD, but after looking at it, inside one of the folders on the image (and now the CD, too) is a .dmg file. Is that supposed to be decompressed at some point, and if not, why is it there?

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,464 posts

Okay, I got the ModCD image and burned it to a CD, but after looking at it, inside one of the folders on the image (and now the CD, too) is a .dmg file. Is that supposed to be decompressed at some point, and if not, why is it there?

That dmg file is interpreted by the ModCD during bootup. Do not worry about any of the files on the disc. The dmg contains the patcher and extra packages for OSx86 installation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy