Only single RAM bank

Curtis7990

9 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I successfully installed Iatkos L1, then when i restart i got grey screen and error:"You need to restart your computer. Hold Down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button". So i try to boot with -v mode, and the boot stucks on "fakesmcdevice successfully initialized" message. Then i try with "graphicsenabler=no" that helps me with fakesmcdevice during installation, but i got this message "RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)" and my boot stops...What can i do?? Please help me

PS: I had already installed a Iatkos s3 v2, and everything works..

Specs of my pc:

motherboard: asrock 4core1600 glan

processor: intel core2 duo e8400

ram: 4gb ddr2

video: ati radeon hd4850

sound: sound blaster live 5.1

Why are you suggesting using a model identifier from a Mac that uses a Nehalem architecture CPU on a PC with a Core 2 Duo?

Unless I'm missing something, iMac9,1, iMac10,1 or MacPro3,1 are better choices for his hardware.

I don't think you're helping by telling him to use a DSDT for his motherboard. Anyone can extract their DSDT and place it in /Extra, which shouldn't make any difference. Actually helping would be telling him what exactly he needs to patch in his DSDT.

Curtis: It's normal to see "RTC: Only single RAM bank (128 bytes)" during boot, it's a status message, not an error message. It also appears on perfectly working Hacks. It's nothing to worry about.

Get the latest fakesmc from the release thread over at the ProjectOSX forums and make sure you aren't using any fakesmc plugins for hardware that you don't have. If you must use plugins, add them one at a time and make sure they are working right.

I'm not worry about RTC message, just my lion install don't boot so i don't know what to do.

What you are telling is to download another fakesmc, from that forum and put in my setup? it's right?

Just an information, do I have to keep my bios settings after installation? Because I've set my bios for the setup, but after this i restore my default for the first boot

It seems i pass RTC message using "-v -f npci=0x2000" but now it stucks on "Controller: Intel 82801G" :\

gringo i sorta agree but look at this... i have a core2 duo with MBpro6,1 ?? works better than MB5,1 for graphics performance.

and yes use dsdt (patched of course duhh) worthless to use same dsdt with no fix.. i keep forgetting im helping newbies.

btw on my hackbook i got ridd of single ram bank by usng rtc like a MacBook 4,1 in my dsdt

I have never installed OS X on a laptop but from what I've seen it's usually a complicated affair; it's extra important to have power management working correctly because of battery life, GPU overheating, display dimming, dedicated function keys and all that laptop stuff.

On desktops you don't have to worry about all of these things.

Thanks for the RTC tip, I'll look into that..if I can find a mb4,1 DSDT.

What happens on your hack now, do you see any RTC message at all during boot?

I guess that if your graphics performance improves when using mbp6,1 then it's probably because AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext has a better match for your video hardware than when using mb5,1.

I would edit AGPM and use a model identifier that matches my CPU instead, but that's just me, if it works for you like that then great. :(

yah no single ram bank msg.. snow leo 10.6.8 sleeps and wakes.

lion is a lil harder.. but i got it to work 1 time.. so its something with the darkwake i think.

i was looking into agpm but never bothered editing. (will give it a shot eventualy).

ther is a macbook 4,1 dsdt in the dump post arroudn here.. ( im posting from win or i would open n paste it)

mainly is . .i changes length and alignment was 0x10 0x06 .. changed to 0x01 and 0x08

Changed it and the single RAM bank message disappeared, but then this appeared:

Oct 31 00:09:30 localhost kernel[0]: Sleep failure code 0x2f22524c 0x36332522

Which is odd since I did a warm reboot and it hadn't been sleeping during the session.

EDIT

Woah that was scary...I don't think I will be playing with this again!

Besides the new message when booting for the first time using your RTC settings (0x01 and 0x08) my Hackintosh can't reboot and then, doing a hard shutdown (powerbutton) resets my BIOS to defaults. I restored my BIOS settings (hurray for saved profiles) and booted into OS X only to see it waking from hibernation...which I keep disabled because it has never worked reliably for me. Somehow hibernatemode got changed from 0 to 3! Waking up from hibernation breaks USB, so no keyboard or mouse input. Luckily I could boot with wake=n and set hibernatemode back to 0. Very strange.

Default RTC values in my DSDT are alignment 0x00 and length 0x02. It uses IRQs 8 and 4. If I remove the NoIRQFlags from DSDT it only uses 4.

S3 sleep works fine - my Xbox 360 controller's indicator light starts flashing on wake. But that could be an issue with the driver. It works normally.

I guess it's possible then that tweaking the RTC values could make hibernation work without killing my USB. But since I don't have a clue what I'm doing I think I'll leave it as it is. If anybody knows anything useful about editing the RTC Device alignment and length please let me know.

if u have 0x70 and 0x72 ..i remove the 0x72 entry and keep 0x70 with 0x01 and 0x08 ..but i wonder if u keep 0x10 instead of 0x01 might work ??

Device (RTC)
			{
				Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0B00"))
				Name (RT, ResourceTemplate ()
				{
					IO (Decode16,
						0x0070,			 // Range Minimum
						0x0070,			 // Range Maximum
						0x10,			   // Alignment
						0x02,			   // Length
						)
					IRQNoFlags ()