Looking for fix for Mac App Store, iCloud and Facetime

The Windows Tweaker

19 posts in this topic

Hello once again! :P

I've successfully updatet to Mac OS X 10.7.2 and the system runs fast and stable. The only problem is the ethernet card. I have atheros network card which isn't supported. Because the system can't find an ethernet card i think this is the reason that the Mac AppStore, iCloud and FaceTime aren't working. Is that correct? Is there a way to work around it?

These are the specs of my notebook:

Acer 6930G-594G64mn

Mac OS X 10.7.2

Core2Duo T5900 2.2GHz

nVidia GeForce 9600M GS 512 MB

4GB DDR2 667 MHz

320GB HDD (2x160)

07:00.0 Network controller [0280]: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g [14e4:4315] (rev 01)

09:00.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Attansic Technology Corp. L1 Gigabit Ethernet Adapter [1969:1026] (rev b0)

i've used a valid serial in SMBIOS.plist. I dont know how to make a DSDT for my notebook, so i haven't tried that.

Looking forward for you idea's

Yeah, i've haves tried that kexts. Problem is that osx can't control the LAN and Wi-Fi inside my notebook. Is it not possible to put an mac address inside of the boot.plist? Kind of emulating?

if it's BCM, we may solve it with EFI string

but i had the L1 kext for a while with my BCM and didn't had problems

what happen when you try to install this Kext?

Hi there,

I have an Acer 6935G with absolutely everything working and rock solid. iAtkos 10.7.2, iCloud and everything.

iCloud would not work on update to 10.7.2 when I tried logging in with my iPhone's ID.

At the time I didn't have Ethernet working, but what fixed it for me was Champlist app. (http://www.osx86.net/cat/2-bootloaders.html) .

In about this mac, my laptop showed up as a Mac Pro mid 2010 (maybe because I have 4GB DDR3 + 9600 GT).

I looked up on google and it took me to a wiki page, and from there I chose the Macbook Pro model closet to my laptop, based on CPU and Gfx card, my case P8600. Ticked to generate new Serial Number, and when everything is valid, on the low-right corner there is a SAVE - AS... click that and say YES to overwrite smbios.plist.

Reboot and iCloud/Facetime working.

Only after did I fix the ethernet. Let me know if you need the kext!

Good luck

Oh, also be sure to be using latest Chameleon 2 rc5 r16xx

Hi there,

I have an Acer 6935G with absolutely everything working and rock solid. iAtkos 10.7.2, iCloud and everything.

iCloud would not work on update to 10.7.2 when I tried logging in with my iPhone's ID.

At the time I didn't have Ethernet working, but what fixed it for me was Champlist app. (http://www.osx86.net/cat/2-bootloaders.html) .

In about this mac, my laptop showed up as a Mac Pro mid 2010 (maybe because I have 4GB DDR3 + 9600 GT).

I looked up on google and it took me to a wiki page, and from there I chose the Macbook Pro model closet to my laptop, based on CPU and Gfx card, my case P8600. Ticked to generate new Serial Number, and when everything is valid, on the low-right corner there is a SAVE - AS... click that and say YES to overwrite smbios.plist.

Reboot and iCloud/Facetime working.

Only after did I fix the ethernet. Let me know if you need the kext!

Good luck

Oh, also be sure to be using latest Chameleon 2 rc5 r16xx

Thanks for your reply

I have made an custom SMBios.plist close to my laptop. I've chosen for the MacBookPro5.1 (begin 2008). To bad is doesn't work for iCloud. I tried many configuration but non seems to work.

Another question. Do you have also Wi-Fi with a touchscreen disable/enable button? Did you get you Wi-Fi working. I've changed to Intel 5100 card for the BCM4312 802.11b/g card but osx can't find the card. Can you help me with that also? Everything works great and stable except the Wi-Fi and LAN.

have you tried this one? it's saying it support your laptop 6930G

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140907

but anyway, lets check something, go to

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist

locate your WI-Fi card, and find if IOBuiltin=Yes or No

I use an Wi-Fi USB stick for internet. OSX can't find my BCM4312 802.11b/g card. I set it to "true" but it doesn't work

"have you tried this one? it's saying it support your laptop 6930G" Also tried yes. Didn't help. But many thanks for the tip!

Any other ideas?

all i can think of is getting a wi-fi card that work (MiniPci or something) and to make EFI string for it to be built-in, this can work, the thing is, you must have some kind of internal interface for this, as those, and some other apps (not even related to apple) search for your physical MAC address. so USB won't help cause you can't create any EFI for it

I have made an custom SMBios.plist close to my laptop.

The problem is NOT how smbios reports your specs to "about this mac", but rather that with Champlist, it also include an option to create an genuine hardware serial number specific to your model. It then injects this into the smbios too

This way, iCloud and Facetime accepts it because the info matches up to their algorithms.

Try it, takes 2 minutes.

The problem is NOT how smbios reports your specs to "about this mac", but rather that with Champlist, it also include an option to create an genuine hardware serial number specific to your model. It then injects this into the smbios too

This way, iCloud and Facetime accepts it because the info matches up to their algorithms.

Try it, takes 2 minutes.

Have tried it out, but it doesn't work. Could you help me with it? In the attachment you can find my latest smbios.plist. Please tell if you need extra information :blink:

SMBios.plist.zip