MSI 6850 Cyclone. Black screen and wakeup problem

madman80

1 post in this topic

Hi. I've my hackintosh almost working. Maybe some of you may help me with these issues.

I'm running 10.6.8 on an ASUS P8P67 LE mobo with a MSI Radeon HD6850 Cyclone (0x6739). After the update to 10.6.8 I can only boot using the graphicsenabler=no string. system profile says is an ATI NI40 1024MB etc... As I've seen in this forum when you boot with graphicsenabler=yes the card must be fully recognaised by 10.6.8 as an 6850, but if I do so then I got a black screen and "no signal monitor" while the computer keeps running. It's odd because some people reports DVDPlayer and Cinebench crash. I only have DVDPlayer crash, Cinebench works well. So do I have QE/CI acceleration or not? It that means that I need to flash my card with a 6850 compatible ROM like Saphire?

The other issue is with sleep/wakeup. I'm using a mixture of Andy Drivers package for P8P67 and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] for the user DSDT I got for my mobo from autopatcher. Restart and poweroff works well but if I make it sleep the fans continue spinning and I can't find the way to wake the system up. Or maybe it wakes up but the monitor has no signal.

That's all. Thanks in advice