ALC888 issues 10.6.8

antisomnic

2 posts in this topic

I have installed Snow Leopard on my system using the Mod CD and the retail Snow Leopard DVD. I used the legacy kernel. I updated to 10.6.8 and everything seems to be working great except for a couple of things that I'd like to ask about. Before that I'll give you my computer specs:

AMD Phenom x4 9850 Black Edition

Gigabyte GA-M770-UD3 Motherboard

4 GB DDR2 RAM

ATI Radeon HD 4850

Realtek ALC888 sound

My sound hasn't worked installing Voodoo HDA or Azalia. I've tried several patched Apple drivers supposedly for my chipset. Nothing works. Most drivers will show no audio device, except for voodoo which shows the devices but outputs no sound. I am using digital out to my home theater and it works great in windows. Any ideas? What am I missing?

My other problem is my mouse seems to lag periodically. Almost like the mouse is sticking. It's annoying. The only thing I found was to delete this upstream client kext which I did but it still lags.

I've searched but there is a lot of posts floating out there so I could have missed something. Any help would be appreciated. It's taken me so long to actually get Mac to install and now it's almost there to be running perfect!