@AREOS - Thanks, then perhaps you can help me. After studying all the changes necessary, i understand this cannot be done via dsdt - too many injections required and i'm not sure some of them will be valid for the kext.
The kext you posted in not compatible with our configuration.
The config data for out ALC269 is
<01471c40 01471d01 01471e13 01471f99 01871c20 01871d10 01871e81 01871f04 01971c10 01971d01 01971ea0 01971f99 02171c50 02171d10 02171e21 02171f04 01470c02>
I also had to add a layout269.xml to the kext with some changes, i didn't do the original kext change myself, i took a kext that partially worked for me and modified it from there (got the config data using the same thread you mentioned by "the king").
Editting a Lion kext seems to be a little different than previous versions, so if you know how to do it, i'd love some help.
Last problem though is sleep and mute, like you mentioned we need the IOAudioFamily modification for that. i tried to find any material on this, but could not - so thanks for the patch, i'll take a look. if you can point me to a thread on this - that would be really helpful...
@All - some updates:
1. I have a new dsdt and ssdt (both attached below) that should work fine for anyone wanting to upgrade to
10.7.4, they work with speedstep and give you a good range of frequencies. it's good for anyone who has
the i5-2410m of this laptop, if you have anything else, please don't use this!!!
dsdt & ssdt for lion 10.7.4.zip 30.27K
2. I've also started using the IOath3kfrmwr - which should take care of all your bluetooth woes (works
perfectly with my iPhone, ear-piece for skyping, and microsoft notebook mouse 5000). -
3. I've also moved to using AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA as it was giving me lots of kernel panics on
boot, only problem is no speakers after sleep. working on that...
4. I've had to edit the IO80211Family.kext and remove the "network-root" requirement, you CAN work
without it, but sometimes there is a kernel error because it loads too early and it may not load (that's since
5. Switched to a new version of chameleon/chimera with a few modifications - i haven't had a single screen
corruption problem since this change + upgrade to 10.7.4.
With these changes i now have an almost 100% working mac, missing still are sound after sleep and usb3 - working on both of those. but no more kp's no more screen corruption and better battery time on 10.7.4 (your milage may vary ofcourse).