hey guys, i'm very new to the hackintosh thing
sorry for the long post, but i want to give you as much info as possible
if there is still something you want to know, just ask.
i also do have an asus u36sd
the model number is U36SD-RX254V (probably it helps)
i already installed mavericks 10.9.4, and it works, but not quite as i want it to.
what works out of the box (and what i tested):
- touchpad (but no multitouch, so no two finger scroll, just the scrolling on the right side of the pad with one finger)
- shutting down and booting (but just with the aid of the bootable stick, there is no bootloader)
what does not work (but what i need):
- wifi (x)
- multitouch (x) (for two finger scroll at least, i don't need gesture support)
- sound (x) (speakers and headphone jack)
- sleep / suspend mode (x)
- battery (x)
- can't set the right time zone, always goes back to the default setting
- fn keys (working partially: brightness keys working, volume buttons not working, rest not needed)
- usb 3.0 (port works, but i don't know if it's using full usb 3.0 speed, but i don't really mind)
- bluetooth (not needed)
- nvidia chip (not really needed, but would be nice, if it worked)
- card reader (not needed)
- hdmi out (would be nice)
- vga out (would be nice)
i found already some threads. they mostly contain some links to files but i don't really know what to do with them.
could somebody explain me or link me how i can enable my needed functions (marked with an "x"), please?
i already tried three times with ##### and some of the files contained in this thread, but every time i broke something and had to start over.
cpu: intel core i3 2310m (##### doesnt offer a ssdt for it)
gpu: intel hd 3000, nvidia gt 520m
ram: 4gb original
ssd: samsung 840 (used for linux)
hdd (over usb 3.0): hitachi original 320 gb drive