124 replies to this topic

Babiloe

Babiloe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
First.
you must have an installer. download myhack and 10.8 installer for 8 gb usb. To get 10.8 installer you have a need for a working mac/working hackintosh.
with 10.8 dmg installer is copied into 8gb usb using disk utility. my hack installer then should installed to usb partition! not your friend mac partition!
put alanyn dsdt into it! and the u36sd kexts including nullcpumanagement.kext, AtherosL1c.kext to /Extra/Extensions in usb. also alanyn smbios.plist into /Extra/Extensions
ssdt.aml is cpu dependent, and different. if 2410 you can use alanyn others please seek.

i am using mbr. so the hdd was formated using mbr as myhack usually do.

each partition on should be primary. for me i have partition 1 XP, primary, partition 2: Win7, partition3: Mac partition 4: data.
You can partition using Hirens boot.

ok assume that you have install all others, like windows. i suggest that you install macdrive for windows. it is very helping for you changing dsdt, kexts. etc.

boot into installer usb, by press escape, and select usb drive for booting.
use cpus=1 -v -f PciRoot=1
finish it until finish. use generic or you can use /extra/extensions setting if myhack ask.

after install go to windows, put all kexts into /Extra/Extensions except audio kexts to /System/Library/Extension of the partition installed.
put dsdt, put smbios, put ssdt on partition installed.
move Geforce.kext and NV*.kext from /System/Library/Extensions into /Extra/Extensions/Removed

reboot

put usb back, to reboot, pick partition mac
and type
cpus=1 -v -f
finishing setup.

patching the AppleCPUintelManagement.kext....look post above...remove the NullCpuManagement.kext in /Extra/Extension
Add mountain SleepEnabler.kexts <maybe need maybe not>
run myfix on the partition mac for permission, and cache fix.

King_Khan

King_Khan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
thanks i will try this after my exams. I have lion running in a virtual machine so ill try using that instead of an actual mac.

sersel

sersel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you Babiloe and alianyn for your manuals, information and links! I've managed to install OS X 10.8 onto my U36SD-1A (i5-2410M, 8GB DDR3) within a few hours without a KP. I have now Windows 8 x64 and MacOS dual-boot with additional partitions of EFI (created by Windows) and Data on MBR hard drive.

The only problem I've met was Chameleon related. I tried to install it a few times using setup package (v2.1.2069). However, I was getting "boot0: test, boot0: error" messages trying to boot from Mac partition. I've managed to fix it with OSX installer's Terminal and Chameleon i386 binaries using this manual.

Almost everything is working now. Processor power management, graphics and displays, battery, input/output devices, audio, wireless and wired internet, card-reader.

However, some minor problems still exists:
- Webcam image is turned upside-down. In Windows it is fixed with ASUS-tuned driver. Is it required to install additional software like camtwist, or maybe a driver plist setting exists?
- USB 3.0 seems to operate under v2.0 speed using 3.0 devices. Root USB High-Speed bus driven by AppleUSBEHCI.kext is shown to support up to 480 Mb/sec speed. I'm using WD My Passport. I use DSDT from this post (is that okay?), and PXHCD.kext (not sure, whether this is required).
- Sleep generally works with "SleepEnabler Universal". However, sometimes mouse was too sleepy to get up on wakeup :)
- Display attach-detach actions are sometimes strange. For instance, not turning on laptop LCD when HDMI plugged of. Will test it a bit more. Maybe, that's another after-sleep syndrome :)
- Not tried Bluetooth. AzureWave's "Bluetooth USB Host Controller" exists in USB device tree. However, Bluetooth section of SystemInfo is empty, and no BT icons/controls. Haven't tried to turn it on from Windows and reboot yet.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy with the result!
I have tried Leo and Snow in the past, but with a lot more issues and less success.

jujiyass

jujiyass

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

First.
you must have an installer. download myhack and 10.8 installer for 8 gb usb. To get 10.8 installer you have a need for a working mac/working hackintosh.
with 10.8 dmg installer is copied into 8gb usb using disk utility. my hack installer then should installed to usb partition! not your friend mac partition!
put alanyn dsdt into it! and the u36sd kexts including nullcpumanagement.kext, AtherosL1c.kext to /Extra/Extensions in usb. also alanyn smbios.plist into /Extra/Extensions
ssdt.aml is cpu dependent, and different. if 2410 you can use alanyn others please seek.

i am using mbr. so the hdd was formated using mbr as myhack usually do.

each partition on should be primary. for me i have partition 1 XP, primary, partition 2: Win7, partition3: Mac partition 4: data.
You can partition using Hirens boot.

ok assume that you have install all others, like windows. i suggest that you install macdrive for windows. it is very helping for you changing dsdt, kexts. etc.

boot into installer usb, by press escape, and select usb drive for booting.
use cpus=1 -v -f PciRoot=1
finish it until finish. use generic or you can use /extra/extensions setting if myhack ask.

after install go to windows, put all kexts into /Extra/Extensions except audio kexts to /System/Library/Extension of the partition installed.
put dsdt, put smbios, put ssdt on partition installed.
move Geforce.kext and NV*.kext from /System/Library/Extensions into /Extra/Extensions/Removed

reboot

put usb back, to reboot, pick partition mac
and type
cpus=1 -v -f
finishing setup.

patching the AppleCPUintelManagement.kext....look post above...remove the NullCpuManagement.kext in /Extra/Extension
Add mountain SleepEnabler.kexts <maybe need maybe not>
run myfix on the partition mac for permission, and cache fix.

Any chance you could wrap up all those kexts etc for us here?

regards
jujiyass

pfilipp

pfilipp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Are you guys still there?
I got stuck. I booted to ML installer without any problems with only -v -f bootflags. After installation - which was completed successfully - I am unable to boot to system. I tried lot of combinations of bootflags and kexts and dsdt and eve tried booting with Clover but I got stuck at waiting for AppleSMC or after BT initialization. - depends on boot method.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

pfilipp

pfilipp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Problem solved. I had to just simply remove ALL GeForce*.kext from S/L/E :)

Claudio A.

Claudio A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Hi pfilipp! I'm glad that you solved the problem.

BTW, I'm still using 10.7.4 :( Are you installing 10.8.X? In that case can you describe the setup that you did, how did you partition your HD, which basic install steps you follow and if it possible, share your kexts and DSDT? It would be really really awesome :)

thanks!
Claudio.

pfilipp

pfilipp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
For now I cannot tell you much cause I just started the post-installation 'things' - I've got barely everything not working ;P But how I got there:

1. I know that tonymac 'products' are not welcomed here but I could NOT boot to installer with myhack. I created installer with tonymac U n i B e a s t and checked box with Laptop Support.
2. I partitioned disk using GPT and have 3 partitions: Mac OS X, Windows(FAT32 for now) and Data(exFAT but it will be NTFS later on).
3. Installation went without any problems. About booting after installation you could've read above. - you will need to remove all GeForce related kexts. DSDT is one from Alianyn for now but I dunno how much of it will work.

PS. Just found this: http://osx86.net/dow..._medium=twitter might be usefull.

Good luck!

EDIT: Other thought - did anyone tried to use PMPatch on our bios?

pfilipp

pfilipp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
UPDATE:
So I used the package from link above and upgraded to 10.8.3 and used same package again. Before update everything worked fine except for no sound after sleep. After update to 10.8.3 there is no sleep at all but well... It doen't matter to me if there is no sound after sleep :P So basically I won't use sleep at all.
PS. I'm using Clover and I can post config file if you want :) - It takes care of AICPUPM Patch :)

Claudio A.

Claudio A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Soungs great!

I'm sorry but I didn't understand, you have 10.7.X and update to 10.8.3? Which was your macos initial version of the installation? Do you have also battery working? In that case which steps did you follow to get battery working?

Didn't know about Clover, I've always used Chamaleon.
Thanks!

UPDATE:
So I used the package from link above and upgraded to 10.8.3 and used same package again. Before update everything worked fine except for no sound after sleep. After update to 10.8.3 there is no sleep at all but well... It doen't matter to me if there is no sound after sleep :P So basically I won't use sleep at all.
PS. I'm using Clover and I can post config file if you want :) - It takes care of AICPUPM Patch :)

pfilipp

pfilipp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Ok so here's what I've done:
1. Prepared installer with evil-tony-software-tool.
2. Partitioned the disk from windows 8 installer - cause I needed to have 2 uefi systems, more about it HERE
3. Installed Windows 8 in UEFI mode
4. Installed Mountain Lion 10.8.0 (boot flags: -v -f)
5. Booted into Installer again with -v -f flags - you need to remove GeForce related kexts cause ML doesn't want to use HD3000 graphics:
cd /Volumes/YOUR_ML_DISK/System/Library/Extensions
rm -rfv ./GeForce*.kext
rm -rfv ./NVDARe*.kext
reboot
6. Boot into you OS and install kexts from site above using your favourite kext utility
7. Repair permissions!
8. If you want to use UEFI Windows than you will need Clover but it is far too wide topic to explain here how to set it up from scratch. I can attach you config plist if you'd like. For now let's assume you'll stay with chameleon. So just install it and put smbios for MacBookPro8,1 along with DSDT from same package kexts came from and add SSDT for your CPU. You will need to patch AICPUPM.kext but I don't really now how to do it cause on my PC I have patched BIOS and now on my laptop I use Clover - it patches AICPUPM.kext on boot.

Now you should have working Baterry, PM, sound, sleep, usb 3.0, WiFi, Ethernet. I assume that GT520M is disabled by DSDT AND powered off but I cannot be 100% sure. The only issue is no sound after sleep.
If you want to upgrade it to 10.8.3 which doesn't sleep at all than proceed. I upgraded it cause if I don't have sound after sleep than I don't need sleep at all...

9. Download combo update 10.8.3 and just install it. It should be fine.
10. Boot again to the installer and repeat actions in point 5. - update restores GeForce kexts.
11. Repeat steps 6 and 7 and patch AICPUPM again. - with Clover you wouldn't have to.

After those steps you should have working 10.8.3 only not sleeping one. :)

Good luck!

radargb

radargb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Got back to this subject after over year of using win7. My system crashed so i could wipe my hd down and try again with osx. 

First problem i have found was retail distro of 10.8.4 which i couldnt use. KP showes every time before install screen. Dont really know why. Someting wrong with CPU i think. 
After many tries, i've downloaded iAtkos ML3U, and installed os with no problem. 

Today is 3rd day im using mountain lion, and im quite satisfied. Most of hardware is recognized properly because im using clover UEFI bootlader. All kexts i used were SleepEnabler and modified AppleSmartBatteryManager. After that, sleep works fine and battery seems to work longer and more stable than with VoodooBaterry.kext. 

There is also couple bugs, i've found so far:
USB 3.0 doesn't work. I've installed newest PXHCD.kext and nothing happened. Anyone have same problem? 
Card reader doesn't work as well. Actually i didnt install any kexts yet. Found kext for that in this package attached. Is it a proper one?

Ive had strange issue with power supply. System freezes when i unplug the power. It could be messy VoodooBattery.kext but im not sure. Looks like everything is fine after i removed VoodooBattery and installed AppleSmartBatteryManager but if anyone knows what could it be, please tell.

Next thing is USB2.0 port. Im using external usb sound card for production purposes and realised that after wake up from sleep mode, sound is popping and bit of distorted. I have also USB hub plugged into second port and sometimes after wake up, it needs to be manually replugged to get back to work.

Last small thing is LCD brightness. Screen dims little bit when i plug in charger. It suppose to work other way and dims screen when working on battery.

Thanks for any clues!

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,536 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

hello

what u are telling is a distro problem

use the original image...

retail distro don't exist..

so my advice is to u make a personalized install .. usb boot

good hack

radargb

radargb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Yeah, my fault i meant retail ;) 
When trying to boot installer from usb stick, KP showes up. 
Found screen online, mine looks pretty much the same. I've tried to boot with many flags using Clover - no success. 

Anyways whats wrong with distros? I know these are not clean, modified versions, but is it really that much difference?

Attached Files

pfilipp

pfilipp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

What are exactly your clover options? What kind of utility did you use to create install usb stick? BTW I have never tried booting installer with clover - I old good legacy chameleon and it booted without even setting -f flag. :)

radargb

radargb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

There is too many of them. Can post my config file if needed. KP showes even when using chameleon.

I've bought yesterday 10.8.4 from app store, and will try again tonight. 

pfilipp

pfilipp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

BTW You know that if you try to boot installer with Clover it ignores the /Extra folder from installation disk? Also what system definition does Clover assigns to your laptop?

radargb

radargb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

No i didnt. Will check out assigned settings and let you know later. I think you are right and this might be Extra folder issue.

Couldnt wait, so i have prepared 10.8.4 USB using Myhack (##### didnt work), installed newest chameleon on it and what a surprise - it worked, but i got stuck on IOBluetoothHCIController. 
Ive removed all NVDA kexts from installer USB (couldnt find any GeForce.kext in S/L/E) , repaired permissions.  

Next boot and the same problem.   

Another try, this time i removed: ATI*, AppleIntelSNB* AppleIntelHD*, repaired permissions.

Boot from USB and finally i could see installer screen. Im little bit busy at the moment so will try to install tonight.

What about graphic acceleration if kexts were removed? 

radargb

radargb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts

Time for the update.

Finally ive installed ML 10.8.4 retail using MyHack and latest chameleon. As i wrote earlier, had to remove all GeForce, NVDA and AppleIntelHD kexts to get into installer.

Installatiion went fine, next boot with -v -f flags to make sure everything is ok. 

Ive searched osx86.net and found fresh AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext which i have used to get graphic acceleration back to work. 
Next thing was no sound issue. Tried many of VoodooHDA versions - no success, same thing with AppleHDA. I realised that there was no problem with sound in distro ive installed couple days ago so i went to S/L/E folder in distro installer and copied VoodooHDA.kext. Installed with KextUtility, and voila - sound works perfectly.
Problems with USB3.0 port and card reader ive fixed using PXHCD.kext and AnyCardReader.kext from package attachet in this thread. 
Battery indicator works with modified AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext from osx86.net. Little delay to battery status occurs when unplugging charger but no freeze as it was with voodoobattery.kext. 
Also power managment seems to work properly. Temperature monitor showes 49 - 55 degrees (celsius), depends on actual cpu load.

The only problems at the moment:

display brightness - have to use fn+f6 keys to get full brightness every time i turn on the laptop
external usb hub - after sleep i have to replug it manually. I've searched google and this is standard issue with extrenal usb hubs even on real Macs.

Not bad so far ;)
If anybody wants, i can send kexts and clover config ive used.

Claudio A.

Claudio A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

Time for the update.

Finally ive installed ML 10.8.4 retail using MyHack and latest chameleon. As i wrote earlier, had to remove all GeForce, NVDA and AppleIntelHD kexts to get into installer.

Installatiion went fine, next boot with -v -f flags to make sure everything is ok. 

Ive searched osx86.net and found fresh AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext which i have used to get graphic acceleration back to work. 
Next thing was no sound issue. Tried many of VoodooHDA versions - no success, same thing with AppleHDA. I realised that there was no problem with sound in distro ive installed couple days ago so i went to S/L/E folder in distro installer and copied VoodooHDA.kext. Installed with KextUtility, and voila - sound works perfectly.
Problems with USB3.0 port and card reader ive fixed using PXHCD.kext and AnyCardReader.kext from package attachet in this thread. 
Battery indicator works with modified AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext from osx86.net. Little delay to battery status occurs when unplugging charger but no freeze as it was with voodoobattery.kext. 
Also power managment seems to work properly. Temperature monitor showes 49 - 55 degrees (celsius), depends on actual cpu load.

The only problems at the moment:

display brightness - have to use fn+f6 keys to get full brightness every time i turn on the laptop
external usb hub - after sleep i have to replug it manually. I've searched google and this is standard issue with extrenal usb hubs even on real Macs.

Not bad so far ;)
If anybody wants, i can send kexts and clover config ive used.

It would be great if you can share your kexs and clover config :)

Thanks a lot!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy