• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

alianyn

alianyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

@alianyn! How are you doing, one little question, are you using 10.7.4? Did you made any changes to your (" a-w-e-s-o-m-e" ) DSDT?
@areos Thanks for sharing!!!!!!
Thanks!!!

Hi @Claudio - I'm pretty good, have a little spare time now - so yes, i upgraded to 10.7.4, and started working on closing some of the gaps in the dsdt, etc...

How have you been?

I already have battery working mostly correctly, and currently working on the 2410m ssdt's in order to get better power management (and more battery time...). when i finish with that i plan on taking a look at what areos provided for the audio (i've been having random kernel panics from voodoohda because of the hdmi cable being plugged in), and want to have as much in the dsdt as possible and the system to be as vanilla as possible.
I will then take a look at what can be done with the usb3, and the bluetooth (both will probably need kext changes/fixes and cannot be done in dsdt).

[Edit:] also forgot to mention - found a solution to the wifi not working after 10.7.3/10.7.4 upgrades (one line change to the plist.info in the kext - currently no way around it, though i'm trying with dsdt to mix it up).

Edited by alianyn, 15 June 2012 - 11:29 AM.

AREOS

AREOS

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

@areos - thanks, this could really be helpful. some time has cleared up for me - so i'm doing a bit of work on the dsdt again, i was wandering where you got this kext? did you make it yourself? if so, can you tell me what you did? if it's pinout/mapping changes - perhaps it can be incorporated into the dsdt - which would make it even more valuable.

I did all the changes in AppleHDA, but the ALC 269 has a Problematic EAPD that needs to be initialized at boot or after sleep. I found a modded IOAudioFamily kext that takes care about that, it initialize the EAPD at every boot or after sleep.

My AppleHDA is a little old (10.6.3), I can create a new AppleHDA with the newer version available but we need to update the IOAudioFamily kext too. I attach the patch for the IOAudioFamily kext. I attach the patch I found in the dell mini osx site because I don´t have the programmer skills to apply it. If someone is interested in create a new IOAudioFamily kext let me know to create a new AppleHDA.

@alianyn this is the guide I use to learn more about AppleHDA kext http://www.projectos...wtopic=465&st=0

Good luck

Attached Files

alianyn

alianyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts
@AREOS - Thanks, then perhaps you can help me. After studying all the changes necessary, i understand this cannot be done via dsdt - too many injections required and i'm not sure some of them will be valid for the kext.
The kext you posted in not compatible with our configuration.
The config data for out ALC269 is
<01471c40 01471d01 01471e13 01471f99 01871c20 01871d10 01871e81 01871f04 01971c10 01971d01 01971ea0 01971f99 02171c50 02171d10 02171e21 02171f04 01470c02>
I also had to add a layout269.xml to the kext with some changes, i didn't do the original kext change myself, i took a kext that partially worked for me and modified it from there (got the config data using the same thread you mentioned by "the king").

Editting a Lion kext seems to be a little different than previous versions, so if you know how to do it, i'd love some help.
Last problem though is sleep and mute, like you mentioned we need the IOAudioFamily modification for that. i tried to find any material on this, but could not - so thanks for the patch, i'll take a look. if you can point me to a thread on this - that would be really helpful...

@All - some updates:
1. I have a new dsdt and ssdt (both attached below) that should work fine for anyone wanting to upgrade to
10.7.4, they work with speedstep and give you a good range of frequencies. it's good for anyone who has
the i5-2410m of this laptop, if you have anything else, please don't use this!!!
Attached File  dsdt & ssdt for lion 10.7.4.zip   30.27KB   125 downloads
2. I've also started using the IOath3kfrmwr - which should take care of all your bluetooth woes (works
perfectly with my iPhone, ear-piece for skyping, and microsoft notebook mouse 5000). -
http://www.tonymacx8...53556&start=106
3. I've also moved to using AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA as it was giving me lots of kernel panics on
boot, only problem is no speakers after sleep. working on that...
Attached File  AppleHDA.zip   1.2MB   86 downloads
4. I've had to edit the IO80211Family.kext and remove the "network-root" requirement, you CAN work
without it, but sometimes there is a kernel error because it loads too early and it may not load (that's since
10.7.3). Attached File  IO80211Family.kext.zip   5.22MB   86 downloads
5. Switched to a new version of chameleon/chimera with a few modifications - i haven't had a single screen
corruption problem since this change + upgrade to 10.7.4.
Attached File  Chameleon-2.1svn-r2000.zip   2.33MB   55 downloads

With these changes i now have an almost 100% working mac, missing still are sound after sleep and usb3 - working on both of those. but no more kp's no more screen corruption and better battery time on 10.7.4 (your milage may vary ofcourse).

Claudio A.

Claudio A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

@AREOS - Thanks, then perhaps you can help me. After studying all the changes necessary, i understand this cannot be done via dsdt - too many injections required and i'm not sure some of them will be valid for the kext.

<01471c40 01471d01 01471e13 01471f99 01871c20 01871d10 01871e81 01871f04 01971c10 01971d01 01971ea0 01971f99 02171c50 02171d10 02171e21 02171f04 01470c02>
I also had to add a layout269.xml to the kext with some changes, i didn't do the original kext change myself, i took a kext that partially worked for me and modified it from there (got the config data using the same thread you mentioned by "the king").

Editting a Lion kext seems to be a little different than previous versions, so if you know how to do it, i'd love some help.
Last problem though is sleep and mute, like you mentioned we need the IOAudioFamily modification for that. i tried to find any material on this, but could not - so thanks for the patch, i'll take a look. if you can point me to a thread on this - that would be really helpful...

@All - some updates:
1. I have a new dsdt and ssdt (both attached below) that should work fine for anyone wanting to upgrade to
10.7.4, they work with speedstep and give you a good range of frequencies. it's good for anyone who has
the i5-2410m of this laptop, if you have anything else, please don't use this!!!
2. I've also started using the IOath3kfrmwr - which should take care of all your bluetooth woes (works
perfectly with my iPhone, ear-piece for skyping, and microsoft notebook mouse 5000). -
3. I've also moved to using AppleHDA instead of VoodooHDA as it was giving me lots of kernel panics on
4. I've had to edit the IO80211Family.kext and remove the "network-root" requirement, you CAN work
without it, but sometimes there is a kernel error because it loads too early and it may not load (that's since
5. Switched to a new version of chameleon/chimera with a few modifications - i haven't had a single screen

With these changes i now have an almost 100% working mac, missing still are sound after sleep and usb3 - working on both of those. but no more kp's no more screen corruption and better battery time on 10.7.4 (your milage may vary ofcourse).

This is really nice! I think that I will have to put myself to work on a new installation :)

Thanks!!!

BTW, one thing that I was wondering is, how did you setup your hardrive? Are you using GPT, MBR? I'm thinking in starting from scratch this time. Last Time I use MBR with a some information from a Chinese Forum to bypass some MBR validation (OSInstall.mpkg)... and it did not work ok...

alianyn

alianyn

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

This is really nice! I think that I will have to put myself to work on a new installation :)

Thanks!!!

BTW, one thing that I was wondering is, how did you setup your hardrive? Are you using GPT, MBR? I'm thinking in starting from scratch this time. Last Time I use MBR with a some information from a Chinese Forum to bypass some MBR validation (OSInstall.mpkg)... and it did not work ok...

Have at it :) i'm really enjoying lion, and i also installed office for mac 2011 (turns out, our company has a license), and now i also have normal mail... the only 3 reasons i currently sometimes switch to windows are SVN (couldn't find any mac app that even comes close to scratching tortoisesvn), visualstudio (i wish there was some way around a virtual machine - which i don't want to install), and having to write to NTFS partitions...

BTW - also if anybody's interested i found a great general purpose editor to replace notepad++ on mac (it's my main IDE on windows) called Editra ( http://editra.org/ ) it's free, actively developed and has lot's of great plugins. i was loosing my mind due to textwrangler and coderunner (in my opinion they are a far cry from notepad++ or editra).

I used an MBR partition scheme for my install as per this guide - http://myhack.sojuga...ng-demystified/
I have used it already on 2 other friend's machines and it worked flawlessly on both - i don't remember having to change any of the instructions on it, but it was a long time ago (about a year) since i last used it.

Claudio A.

Claudio A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Have at it :) i'm really enjoying lion, and i also installed office for mac 2011 (turns out, our company has a license), and now i also have normal mail... the only 3 reasons i currently sometimes switch to windows are SVN (couldn't find any mac app that even comes close to scratching tortoisesvn), visualstudio (i wish there was some way around a virtual machine - which i don't want to install), and having to write to NTFS partitions...

Great! I'm glad you are enjoying it. Mm.. about the 3 reasons, about SVN (on the other two I don't really know) :

Maybe one of these may help: http://gigaom.com/ap...-apps-for-os-x/

BTW - also if anybody's interested i found a great general purpose editor to replace notepad++ on mac (it's my main IDE on windows) called Editra ( http://editra.org/ ) it's free, actively developed and has lot's of great plugins. i was loosing my mind due to textwrangler and coderunner (in my opinion they are a far cry from notepad++ or editra).

Good to know :) Thanks for the info.

I used an MBR partition scheme for my install as per this guide - http://myhack.sojuga...ng-demystified/
I have used it already on 2 other friend's machines and it worked flawlessly on both - i don't remember having to change any of the instructions on it, but it was a long time ago (about a year) since i last used it.

Wow! I thought that you were using GPT or another one than MBR.. are you using Linux also? Do you have four (win7, recovery, macos and linux) partitions? (I use to have four and that may cause the problem...)

As always... thanks!

King_Khan

King_Khan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
wow i havent checked in this thread for a while. Ill try installing it soon. Just a quick question: are the mulit-touch trackpad gestures working within os x?

slayer2333

slayer2333

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Another question for you guys, did you manage to get brightness work with the Fn keys ? I'm on a different laptop (Asus g53jw) but if it is working for you i will pick your brighness methods ad put them on my dsdt.

ghufronaka

ghufronaka

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
anyone trying mountain lion on u36sd?

Claudio A.

Claudio A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

@All - some updates:

@alianyn, I'm starting to work on my new installation :)

On question about point number 4, removing the network-root requirement from the IO20211Famility.kext solves the problem definitely or after applying this change a kernel panic may happen...

Did you install 10.8?

Thanks!

Claudio A.

Claudio A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
@alianyn, I've installed 10.7.4 and everything went ok. I have some questions :) :

- Battery, which kexts do I need to use? I'm using your last version of the DSDT&SSDT, but battery is not working out of the box
- SpeedStep, I'm still using the NullCPU kext, because I don't know which speedsteo bin to use, did you use the 10.7.2 version?
- 10.8? Did you or anyone else install it?

Audio is working really really great with the AppleHDA.kext :)

As always, thanks a lot!

Claudio A.

Claudio A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
About SpeedStep:

I've finally patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext of 10.7.4 using this:

sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch

from here:
http://olarila.com/f...ed2bac553e3f33c

But the cpu(s) are almost never at 50C... if I use the CPU a little it goes up to 62C o 72C and > 2000Mhz (multiplier x27)...

Check the screenshot: https://photos-4.dro...9XVIzxu5Ay7UZ4A

Anyone using a custom SSDT table?

Any help will be welcome :)

pfilipp

pfilipp

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts
Hi guys!
I installed Lion again on my laptop recently using some new informations on this post and the progress (comparing to how my hackintosh worked when I made it last time) is incredible. First of all thanks alianyn for your kexts and DSDT.
Second of all I don't have BT working. I've used kext from site alianyn mentioned but unfortunately it didn't work. Anyone had any luck with that? Also I've got no USB 3.0. It's not like I have to have it working since I can always boot to windows if I've got some big files to copy but well... It would be nice to have everything working :P

Claudio A. about speedstep I used kext already patched from the web (attached) for 10.7.4 and also a custom SSDT but as far as I remember I'm the only one on this topic with i5-2430m. (anyway SSDT. aml attached :-) ) Chameleon generates C-States and P-States successfully + I've got this SSDT table injected as well. Geekbench score looks really promising - looks like a real Mac. It's hard to say for me about the temperatures cause I didn't installed any tool to check them but just knowing my laptop I'm pretty sure that they are quite low - quite normal. What do you use to check your temperatures? You've got some kexts for that or FakeSMC plugins?

Thanks!

Attached Files

Claudio A.

Claudio A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
@Plotr Filipp, thanks for the info! My installation is working really nice so I'm not thinking right now in applying any change.

Did you try to install 10.8.X? I'm wondering if anyone had installed it... :)

mr1two

mr1two

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello!

I'm new to whole OSX scene and I'm struggling with iAtkos on my asus u36sd. I dont have access to mac computer in any form other than one that "kind of works" in virtual machine. After a couple of hours I managed to build bootable USB with iatkos l2 on it, but after couple of installations on HD I decided to give up and ask for some help. My asus hang on various points, which were result of different combinations of selected drivers for installation. I need some step by step guide for installation, if there is anyone with some spare time to write it down. I would very appreciate it. Or at least some useful pointers where to look.
Thanks in advance

hel

hel

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

I can tell you how I managed to install.

First you need a running installation of Mac OS 10.6.x (10.7.x should also work).
Then I created a bootable Lion-USB-Stick (see the OS X Lion install section).
On your USB-Stick you should have now a folder called "Extra". Place the dsdt.aml from alianyn there.
I have put some kexts inside the Extentions folder (attached except of NullCPUManagement which should already be there if not you have to put it in).
Now you can try to boot but for me I have to disable Bluetooth Adapter in BIOS.
After that Lion booted well and I installed it. (If you are planning to install Linux and/or Windows too you have to create more partitions)
After installation boot again from the USB-Stick but now choose your Lion install on your HDD. ( now you maybe need an USB Keyboard/Mouse just for the first setup)
After that you have to install the Chameleon Bootloader to your HDD. (If you are able to install it on the USB-Stick that should be no problem)
Now copy all of the kexts in in the Extra/Extenstions folder from your USB to /Extra/Extenstions on your local disk.
You should be able to boot now without the USB-Stick.

Now you're almost done. Install synaptics touchpad driver and voodooHDA if sound needed, but for me it was noise every reboot so I deleted it.
To get better battery life you have to patch your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext with speed_stepper patch for you Lion version and remove the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /Extra/Extentions/.

It should be done.
(You can now put Graphics Mode 1366x768x32 in you org.chameleon.Boot.plist to get a nice bootloader your resolution in OS X should be correct anyway)

Hope that it helped.

Could someone put image for USB stick with all these updated work?
Because I don't have a running mac.

Babiloe

Babiloe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Hmm just moved to 10.8 today for U36SD - RX 157D.

Wifi Works
Ethernet looks works, need to be checked
Battery monitor works
Geforce and nVidia kext removed due this is nVidia Optimus
Sound using AppleHDA above detected, but there is any sound came out even the volume level is on the peak. Suggestion?

Claudio A.

Claudio A.

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts
Hi there, this sounds pretty good (except for the sound issue) could you please explain how did you update to 10.8, you did a fresh install (in that case what did you use) or you just apply the update from the appstore?

I'm asking this because right now I've 10.7.4 working great and I was wondering how could I update to 10.8 :)
Thanks a lot for the info!

Hmm just moved to 10.8 today for U36SD - RX 157D.

Wifi Works
Ethernet looks works, need to be checked
Battery monitor works
Geforce and nVidia kext removed due this is nVidia Optimus
Sound using AppleHDA above detected, but there is any sound came out even the volume level is on the peak. Suggestion?

Babiloe

Babiloe

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Hi there, this sounds pretty good (except for the sound issue) could you please explain how did you update to 10.8, you did a fresh install (in that case what did you use) or you just apply the update from the appstore?

I'm asking this because right now I've 10.7.4 working great and I was wondering how could I update to 10.8 :)
Thanks a lot for the info!

I did new installation, since my update to 10.7.4, i forgot to fix permission, and somehow it cant boot successfuly, so i tried 10.8 new install. with mbr partition - myhack method.

the sound is now clearly out,
it cannot came out since i put the AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext on the /Extra/Extensions, and clashing with original AppleHDA.kext on /System/Library/Extensions
so i removed the original one to /Extra/Removed Extensions and copy the Alanyn AppleHDA.kexts and HDAEnabler.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/, fix all permissions and cache using myfix or what ever kext utility you have.
and sound came out

So:
Wifi works, but as usually not so powered as the windows.
Sound works
Ethernet works
QE/ci works with Gma3000
battery works.
usb3 works
bluetooh looks works but not tested.
imessage works
fn key works
all works so HAPPY...

now i need to check the cpumanagement and the sleep that someway not good at 10.8.\
if the appleintelcpumanagement.kext patched and removed nullcpu.kext, it got kernel panics.
need works on that sleep and cpumanagement.

Sleep works,
patching must be on S/L/E, not patching in the outside of /S/L/E and copied into it. it has not same result.
just shutdown takes very long time....
oh yEAH speedster works, detected by hardware monitor and fakesmc plugin by kozlek

Spoiler

Anyone has i5-2410 ssdt.aml? i forgot alanyn has it :P
does alanyn dsdt has off optimus for saving batt ?

the bad thing is, since my lcd whole panel with camera got replaced after crash in accident, now the camera as newer usb2.0 asus not given any pics. poor my facetime...
camera FIXED: Get camtwist !

King_Khan

King_Khan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
^ can you post exactly what you did to have it installed. I am kind of a noob and would like to know every single little step.

Thanks in advance

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy