[Asus U36SD] - a few dsdt questions

alianyn

140 posts in this topic

@alianyn, I've installed 10.7.4 and everything went ok. I have some questions :) :

- Battery, which kexts do I need to use? I'm using your last version of the DSDT&SSDT, but battery is not working out of the box

- SpeedStep, I'm still using the NullCPU kext, because I don't know which speedsteo bin to use, did you use the 10.7.2 version?

- 10.8? Did you or anyone else install it?

Audio is working really really great with the AppleHDA.kext :)

As always, thanks a lot!

About SpeedStep:

I've finally patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext of 10.7.4 using this:

sudo perl AICPMPatch.pl /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement --patch

from here:

http://olarila.com/f...ed2bac553e3f33c

But the cpu(s) are almost never at 50C... if I use the CPU a little it goes up to 62C o 72C and > 2000Mhz (multiplier x27)...

Check the screenshot: https://photos-4.dro...9XVIzxu5Ay7UZ4A

Anyone using a custom SSDT table?

Any help will be welcome :)

Hi guys!

I installed Lion again on my laptop recently using some new informations on this post and the progress (comparing to how my hackintosh worked when I made it last time) is incredible. First of all thanks alianyn for your kexts and DSDT.

Second of all I don't have BT working. I've used kext from site alianyn mentioned but unfortunately it didn't work. Anyone had any luck with that? Also I've got no USB 3.0. It's not like I have to have it working since I can always boot to windows if I've got some big files to copy but well... It would be nice to have everything working :P

Claudio A. about speedstep I used kext already patched from the web (attached) for 10.7.4 and also a custom SSDT but as far as I remember I'm the only one on this topic with i5-2430m. (anyway SSDT. aml attached :-) ) Chameleon generates C-States and P-States successfully + I've got this SSDT table injected as well. Geekbench score looks really promising - looks like a real Mac. It's hard to say for me about the temperatures cause I didn't installed any tool to check them but just knowing my laptop I'm pretty sure that they are quite low - quite normal. What do you use to check your temperatures? You've got some kexts for that or FakeSMC plugins?

Thanks!

AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.patched 2.zip

SSDT.aml.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hello!

I'm new to whole OSX scene and I'm struggling with iAtkos on my asus u36sd. I dont have access to mac computer in any form other than one that "kind of works" in virtual machine. After a couple of hours I managed to build bootable USB with iatkos l2 on it, but after couple of installations on HD I decided to give up and ask for some help. My asus hang on various points, which were result of different combinations of selected drivers for installation. I need some step by step guide for installation, if there is anyone with some spare time to write it down. I would very appreciate it. Or at least some useful pointers where to look.

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

I can tell you how I managed to install.

First you need a running installation of Mac OS 10.6.x (10.7.x should also work).

Then I created a bootable Lion-USB-Stick (see the OS X Lion install section).

On your USB-Stick you should have now a folder called "Extra". Place the dsdt.aml from alianyn there.

I have put some kexts inside the Extentions folder (attached except of NullCPUManagement which should already be there if not you have to put it in).

Now you can try to boot but for me I have to disable Bluetooth Adapter in BIOS.

After that Lion booted well and I installed it. (If you are planning to install Linux and/or Windows too you have to create more partitions)

After installation boot again from the USB-Stick but now choose your Lion install on your HDD. ( now you maybe need an USB Keyboard/Mouse just for the first setup)

After that you have to install the Chameleon Bootloader to your HDD. (If you are able to install it on the USB-Stick that should be no problem)

Now copy all of the kexts in in the Extra/Extenstions folder from your USB to /Extra/Extenstions on your local disk.

You should be able to boot now without the USB-Stick.

Now you're almost done. Install synaptics touchpad driver and voodooHDA if sound needed, but for me it was noise every reboot so I deleted it.

To get better battery life you have to patch your AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext with speed_stepper patch for you Lion version and remove the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from /Extra/Extentions/.

It should be done.

(You can now put Graphics Mode 1366x768x32 in you org.chameleon.Boot.plist to get a nice bootloader your resolution in OS X should be correct anyway)

Hope that it helped.

Could someone put image for USB stick with all these updated work?

Because I don't have a running mac.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm just moved to 10.8 today for U36SD - RX 157D.

Wifi Works

Ethernet looks works, need to be checked

Battery monitor works

Geforce and nVidia kext removed due this is nVidia Optimus

Sound using AppleHDA above detected, but there is any sound came out even the volume level is on the peak. Suggestion?

Hi there, this sounds pretty good (except for the sound issue) could you please explain how did you update to 10.8, you did a fresh install (in that case what did you use) or you just apply the update from the appstore?

I'm asking this because right now I've 10.7.4 working great and I was wondering how could I update to 10.8 :)

Thanks a lot for the info!

Hmm just moved to 10.8 today for U36SD - RX 157D.

Wifi Works

Ethernet looks works, need to be checked

Battery monitor works

Geforce and nVidia kext removed due this is nVidia Optimus

Sound using AppleHDA above detected, but there is any sound came out even the volume level is on the peak. Suggestion?

Hi there, this sounds pretty good (except for the sound issue) could you please explain how did you update to 10.8, you did a fresh install (in that case what did you use) or you just apply the update from the appstore?

I'm asking this because right now I've 10.7.4 working great and I was wondering how could I update to 10.8 :)

Thanks a lot for the info!

I did new installation, since my update to 10.7.4, i forgot to fix permission, and somehow it cant boot successfuly, so i tried 10.8 new install. with mbr partition - myhack method.

the sound is now clearly out,

it cannot came out since i put the AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler.kext on the /Extra/Extensions, and clashing with original AppleHDA.kext on /System/Library/Extensions

so i removed the original one to /Extra/Removed Extensions and copy the Alanyn AppleHDA.kexts and HDAEnabler.kext to /System/Library/Extensions/, fix all permissions and cache using myfix or what ever kext utility you have.

and sound came out

So:

Wifi works, but as usually not so powered as the windows.

Sound works

Ethernet works

QE/ci works with Gma3000

battery works.

usb3 works

bluetooh looks works but not tested.

imessage works

fn key works

all works so HAPPY...

now i need to check the cpumanagement and the sleep that someway not good at 10.8.\

if the appleintelcpumanagement.kext patched and removed nullcpu.kext, it got kernel panics.

need works on that sleep and cpumanagement.

Sleep works,

patching must be on S/L/E, not patching in the outside of /S/L/E and copied into it. it has not same result.

just shutdown takes very long time....

oh yEAH speedster works, detected by hardware monitor and fakesmc plugin by kozlek

ScreenShot2012-12-04at34127PM.png

Anyone has i5-2410 ssdt.aml? i forgot alanyn has it :P

does alanyn dsdt has off optimus for saving batt ?

the bad thing is, since my lcd whole panel with camera got replaced after crash in accident, now the camera as newer usb2.0 asus not given any pics. poor my facetime...

camera FIXED: Get camtwist !

• Like 1

First.

you must have an installer. download myhack and 10.8 installer for 8 gb usb. To get 10.8 installer you have a need for a working mac/working hackintosh.

with 10.8 dmg installer is copied into 8gb usb using disk utility. my hack installer then should installed to usb partition! not your friend mac partition!

put alanyn dsdt into it! and the u36sd kexts including nullcpumanagement.kext, AtherosL1c.kext to /Extra/Extensions in usb. also alanyn smbios.plist into /Extra/Extensions

ssdt.aml is cpu dependent, and different. if 2410 you can use alanyn others please seek.

i am using mbr. so the hdd was formated using mbr as myhack usually do.

each partition on should be primary. for me i have partition 1 XP, primary, partition 2: Win7, partition3: Mac partition 4: data.

You can partition using Hirens boot.

ok assume that you have install all others, like windows. i suggest that you install macdrive for windows. it is very helping for you changing dsdt, kexts. etc.

boot into installer usb, by press escape, and select usb drive for booting.

use cpus=1 -v -f PciRoot=1

finish it until finish. use generic or you can use /extra/extensions setting if myhack ask.

after install go to windows, put all kexts into /Extra/Extensions except audio kexts to /System/Library/Extension of the partition installed.

put dsdt, put smbios, put ssdt on partition installed.

move Geforce.kext and NV*.kext from /System/Library/Extensions into /Extra/Extensions/Removed

reboot

put usb back, to reboot, pick partition mac

and type

cpus=1 -v -f

finishing setup.

patching the AppleCPUintelManagement.kext....look post above...remove the NullCpuManagement.kext in /Extra/Extension

Add mountain SleepEnabler.kexts <maybe need maybe not>

run myfix on the partition mac for permission, and cache fix.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Babiloe and alianyn for your manuals, information and links! I've managed to install OS X 10.8 onto my U36SD-1A (i5-2410M, 8GB DDR3) within a few hours without a KP. I have now Windows 8 x64 and MacOS dual-boot with additional partitions of EFI (created by Windows) and Data on MBR hard drive.

The only problem I've met was Chameleon related. I tried to install it a few times using setup package (v2.1.2069). However, I was getting "boot0: test, boot0: error" messages trying to boot from Mac partition. I've managed to fix it with OSX installer's Terminal and Chameleon i386 binaries using this manual.

Almost everything is working now. Processor power management, graphics and displays, battery, input/output devices, audio, wireless and wired internet, card-reader.

However, some minor problems still exists:

- Webcam image is turned upside-down. In Windows it is fixed with ASUS-tuned driver. Is it required to install additional software like camtwist, or maybe a driver plist setting exists?

- USB 3.0 seems to operate under v2.0 speed using 3.0 devices. Root USB High-Speed bus driven by AppleUSBEHCI.kext is shown to support up to 480 Mb/sec speed. I'm using WD My Passport. I use DSDT from this post (is that okay?), and PXHCD.kext (not sure, whether this is required).

- Sleep generally works with "SleepEnabler Universal". However, sometimes mouse was too sleepy to get up on wakeup :)

- Display attach-detach actions are sometimes strange. For instance, not turning on laptop LCD when HDMI plugged of. Will test it a bit more. Maybe, that's another after-sleep syndrome :)

- Not tried Bluetooth. AzureWave's "Bluetooth USB Host Controller" exists in USB device tree. However, Bluetooth section of SystemInfo is empty, and no BT icons/controls. Haven't tried to turn it on from Windows and reboot yet.

Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy with the result!

I have tried Leo and Snow in the past, but with a lot more issues and less success.

• 3 months later...

First.

you must have an installer. download myhack and 10.8 installer for 8 gb usb. To get 10.8 installer you have a need for a working mac/working hackintosh.

with 10.8 dmg installer is copied into 8gb usb using disk utility. my hack installer then should installed to usb partition! not your friend mac partition!

put alanyn dsdt into it! and the u36sd kexts including nullcpumanagement.kext, AtherosL1c.kext to /Extra/Extensions in usb. also alanyn smbios.plist into /Extra/Extensions

ssdt.aml is cpu dependent, and different. if 2410 you can use alanyn others please seek.

i am using mbr. so the hdd was formated using mbr as myhack usually do.

each partition on should be primary. for me i have partition 1 XP, primary, partition 2: Win7, partition3: Mac partition 4: data.

You can partition using Hirens boot.

ok assume that you have install all others, like windows. i suggest that you install macdrive for windows. it is very helping for you changing dsdt, kexts. etc.

boot into installer usb, by press escape, and select usb drive for booting.

use cpus=1 -v -f PciRoot=1

finish it until finish. use generic or you can use /extra/extensions setting if myhack ask.

after install go to windows, put all kexts into /Extra/Extensions except audio kexts to /System/Library/Extension of the partition installed.

put dsdt, put smbios, put ssdt on partition installed.

move Geforce.kext and NV*.kext from /System/Library/Extensions into /Extra/Extensions/Removed

reboot

put usb back, to reboot, pick partition mac

and type

cpus=1 -v -f

finishing setup.

patching the AppleCPUintelManagement.kext....look post above...remove the NullCpuManagement.kext in /Extra/Extension

Add mountain SleepEnabler.kexts <maybe need maybe not>

run myfix on the partition mac for permission, and cache fix.

Any chance you could wrap up all those kexts etc for us here?

regards

jujiyass

• 1 month later...

Are you guys still there?

I got stuck. I booted to ML installer without any problems with only -v -f bootflags. After installation - which was completed successfully - I am unable to boot to system. I tried lot of combinations of bootflags and kexts and dsdt and eve tried booting with Clover but I got stuck at waiting for AppleSMC or after BT initialization. - depends on boot method.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance :)

Hi pfilipp! I'm glad that you solved the problem.

BTW, I'm still using 10.7.4 :( Are you installing 10.8.X? In that case can you describe the setup that you did, how did you partition your HD, which basic install steps you follow and if it possible, share your kexts and DSDT? It would be really really awesome :)

thanks!

Claudio.

For now I cannot tell you much cause I just started the post-installation 'things' - I've got barely everything not working ;P But how I got there:

1. I know that tonymac 'products' are not welcomed here but I could NOT boot to installer with myhack. I created installer with tonymac U n i B e a s t and checked box with Laptop Support.

2. I partitioned disk using GPT and have 3 partitions: Mac OS X, Windows(FAT32 for now) and Data(exFAT but it will be NTFS later on).

3. Installation went without any problems. About booting after installation you could've read above. - you will need to remove all GeForce related kexts. DSDT is one from Alianyn for now but I dunno how much of it will work.

PS. Just found this: http://osx86.net/dow..._medium=twitter might be usefull.

Good luck!

EDIT: Other thought - did anyone tried to use PMPatch on our bios?

UPDATE:

So I used the package from link above and upgraded to 10.8.3 and used same package again. Before update everything worked fine except for no sound after sleep. After update to 10.8.3 there is no sleep at all but well... It doen't matter to me if there is no sound after sleep :P So basically I won't use sleep at all.

PS. I'm using Clover and I can post config file if you want :) - It takes care of AICPUPM Patch :)

Soungs great!

I'm sorry but I didn't understand, you have 10.7.X and update to 10.8.3? Which was your macos initial version of the installation? Do you have also battery working? In that case which steps did you follow to get battery working?

Didn't know about Clover, I've always used Chamaleon.

Thanks!

UPDATE:

So I used the package from link above and upgraded to 10.8.3 and used same package again. Before update everything worked fine except for no sound after sleep. After update to 10.8.3 there is no sleep at all but well... It doen't matter to me if there is no sound after sleep :P So basically I won't use sleep at all.

PS. I'm using Clover and I can post config file if you want :) - It takes care of AICPUPM Patch :)

Ok so here's what I've done:

1. Prepared installer with evil-tony-software-tool.

2. Partitioned the disk from windows 8 installer - cause I needed to have 2 uefi systems, more about it HERE

3. Installed Windows 8 in UEFI mode

4. Installed Mountain Lion 10.8.0 (boot flags: -v -f)

5. Booted into Installer again with -v -f flags - you need to remove GeForce related kexts cause ML doesn't want to use HD3000 graphics:

cd /Volumes/YOUR_ML_DISK/System/Library/Extensions
rm -rfv ./GeForce*.kext
rm -rfv ./NVDARe*.kext
reboot

6. Boot into you OS and install kexts from site above using your favourite kext utility

7. Repair permissions!

8. If you want to use UEFI Windows than you will need Clover but it is far too wide topic to explain here how to set it up from scratch. I can attach you config plist if you'd like. For now let's assume you'll stay with chameleon. So just install it and put smbios for MacBookPro8,1 along with DSDT from same package kexts came from and add SSDT for your CPU. You will need to patch AICPUPM.kext but I don't really now how to do it cause on my PC I have patched BIOS and now on my laptop I use Clover - it patches AICPUPM.kext on boot.

Now you should have working Baterry, PM, sound, sleep, usb 3.0, WiFi, Ethernet. I assume that GT520M is disabled by DSDT AND powered off but I cannot be 100% sure. The only issue is no sound after sleep.

If you want to upgrade it to 10.8.3 which doesn't sleep at all than proceed. I upgraded it cause if I don't have sound after sleep than I don't need sleep at all...

9. Download combo update 10.8.3 and just install it. It should be fine.

10. Boot again to the installer and repeat actions in point 5. - update restores GeForce kexts.

11. Repeat steps 6 and 7 and patch AICPUPM again. - with Clover you wouldn't have to.

After those steps you should have working 10.8.3 only not sleeping one. :)

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Got back to this subject after over year of using win7. My system crashed so i could wipe my hd down and try again with osx. 

First problem i have found was retail distro of 10.8.4 which i couldnt use. KP showes every time before install screen. Dont really know why. Someting wrong with CPU i think. 
After many tries, i've downloaded iAtkos ML3U, and installed os with no problem. 

Today is 3rd day im using mountain lion, and im quite satisfied. Most of hardware is recognized properly because im using clover UEFI bootlader. All kexts i used were SleepEnabler and modified AppleSmartBatteryManager. After that, sleep works fine and battery seems to work longer and more stable than with VoodooBaterry.kext. 

There is also couple bugs, i've found so far:
USB 3.0 doesn't work. I've installed newest PXHCD.kext and nothing happened. Anyone have same problem? 
Card reader doesn't work as well. Actually i didnt install any kexts yet. Found kext for that in this package attached. Is it a proper one?

Ive had strange issue with power supply. System freezes when i unplug the power. It could be messy VoodooBattery.kext but im not sure. Looks like everything is fine after i removed VoodooBattery and installed AppleSmartBatteryManager but if anyone knows what could it be, please tell.

Next thing is USB2.0 port. Im using external usb sound card for production purposes and realised that after wake up from sleep mode, sound is popping and bit of distorted. I have also USB hub plugged into second port and sometimes after wake up, it needs to be manually replugged to get back to work.

Last small thing is LCD brightness. Screen dims little bit when i plug in charger. It suppose to work other way and dims screen when working on battery.

Thanks for any clues!

hello

what u are telling is a distro problem

use the original image...

retail distro don't exist..

so my advice is to u make a personalized install .. usb boot

good hack

Yeah, my fault i meant retail ;) 
When trying to boot installer from usb stick, KP showes up. 
Found screen online, mine looks pretty much the same. I've tried to boot with many flags using Clover - no success. 

Anyways whats wrong with distros? I know these are not clean, modified versions, but is it really that much difference?

post-766949-0-61005700-1371147085_thumb.jpg

What are exactly your clover options? What kind of utility did you use to create install usb stick? BTW I have never tried booting installer with clover - I old good legacy chameleon and it booted without even setting -f flag. :)