Hanging at apple logo

cm0002

10 posts in this topic

Hello

I'm having a having a very odd problem with my fresh installation, it seems to hang at the apple logo during boot, using -v show the boot loader loading the kexts in stuff then at the point where it hands control over to the OS it looks like its going to load then nothing just a blank black screen i left it for hours and nothing changes. my specs:

Intel 945GC chipset

Intel GMA 950 graphics

Realtek ALC888 audio

BCM43xx Wlan pci card

2GB ram DDR2 SDRAM

320 gb SATA HDD

Intel Celeron D 360 3.46 GHz single core

i have attempted reinstallation many times, erasing the HDD each time. The distros i used are

iAtkos L1 - Lion, Hanged at CD boot didn't even make it to install

iAtkos S3 V2 installs but hangs upon first boot - set drivers accordingly, even set to use the Intel SATA drivers. reinstalled many times with a different boot loader selected each time, and each time same problem

Then i used a version off tpb made by HAZARD that installed with correct drivers set with the same problem upon first boot

Then i used iPC 10.5 again set drivers but it immediately rebooted the computer after selection in the boot loader after install

I don't know what i seem to be missing, the hardware seemed to check out on HCL when i initially embarked on this project

here are the 2 links with more info on this computer

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documen...ct=3377251#N194

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/ca/en/ho/WF...1-80159593.html

the RAM and HDD vary from the link because they were upgraded, as shown in my spec list above

thanks

that would explain why it hung at the installer for lion, unlike the others i have tried which actually install correctly and hangs at boot, and i have found an old 10.4.4 iPC(i think) disc that also has the same symptoms as the other discs, installs fine and hangs at boot, thanks for the reply Btw :)