High School Relationships

36 posts in this topic

Well, it's not really that important (It can actually be a lot of trouble sometimes). I think it can be ignored without any problems. As for me, I always like having relations with girls as they always encourage me to be a better person (I always try to be a better person and improve my personality and knowledge). We always also compete academically [which, by the way, drives my girl friend insane because she thinks I only care about about her academic level and not her ;) ]. In my school most girls get higher grades than boys!!! What I gained from my relationship is academic excellence as she always beat me at the monthly exam and I, after a lot of studying and competition with her, finally beat her in the final exam {and she is one of the best academic achievers in the school}!! I also got one of the highest scores in the school for the first time ever in my life. Anyway, that is my point of view. Other people may have different opinions.

All in all, relationships are very fun but not essential.

OH my god.....

All that talking and I forgot that she left to the states last week, so no more relation or competition :wallbash:

Oh well, that's life!!!!

I had a high school relationship that went from senior year to my junior year of college. Would I recommend it to anyone else? Eh, it depends. However, if you just wanna mess around, go for it man. Don't get too overboard in a relationship, be safe (both sexually and emotionally). However, don't turn into one of those douchebags that just trolls for ass all the time like most college guys. Beleive me, being a nice guy pays off eventually. I met an absolutely gorgeous girl during my internshp last year and we've been together ever since. She is amazing and best of all, she is so damn smart.

I had one that lasted 3 months in my senior year. {censored} deumped me before prom and it sucked. I wasn't a "prom person" at all, but since I had her I thought why not. Well that clinched the whole thing. I had another in my first year of college and it was serious so no, you don't have to date in high school to date in life after high school.

heh. the girl I dated in collage was a manic depressive {censored}. All she did was whine about {censored} that didn't even happen, and stuff that 'might' happen. She cried all the time, and wanted to sleep all day. I got tired of it after a year, and dumped her.

College & High School is so different so you do what you think is best.

Learn from it, keep it going, ignore it or whatever.

I really didn't enjoy H.S. for being a non-good student I went to 4 diff. schools

and plus ppl are too immature in high school, even in college so imagine h.s.

and those girls that are serious (that act like they are , are hard to find) to have

both inside and outside beauty but hey do wat u gotta do .. no girls = no stress

I had a high school relationship that went from senior year to my junior year of college. Would I recommend it to anyone else? Eh, it depends. However, if you just wanna mess around, go for it man. Don't get too overboard in a relationship, be safe (both sexually and emotionally). However, don't turn into one of those douchebags that just trolls for ass all the time like most college guys. Beleive me, being a nice guy pays off eventually. I met an absolutely gorgeous girl during my internshp last year and we've been together ever since. She is amazing and best of all, she is so damn smart.

I f**Kin agree

• 1 year later...

i am a junior in high school and i have yet to have a relationship. i just havent met someone i really liked. I have been asked out before but the answers always been the same. I just have bigger things to worry about. Last year, my friend and i liked the same guy. He asked me out. That made a HUGE rift between me and my friend. So when he asked me out (twice) i declined. people have told my friends that i could get any guy i want. then they follow with questions aout why i am always single. my friend answered " :censored2: off she just knows what she wants" :D

and its true. i know what i want and im not going to settle. i believe high school relationships are unnecessary. sure it'd be nice to have someone, but i dont want to be with someone just for the sake of being with them. that would be pointless.

please, what the hell are you talkin about? i don't get it.

high school relationships?

are they anything special?

or is this just the normal talk to girls (or boys, but thats the internet, so no girls around), date them, get friends, have sex ect, with or without experience something you might think thats what they call love? or dump him/her a few weeks later without experience anything of the things mentioned.

if it's just that, why must this girl/boy be from your highschool?

is this something of your (us) culture? im very curios, we don't give a damn, this are just the things called life

For me, it is so worth it. If we weren't going out right now, I honestly would be bored. But to me, it also means more than a distraction, much more. I am still doing very well in school if anyone cares.

I agree with Numberz. I mean obviously if you aren't attracted to someone, you shouldn't go out with them but... why not date in high school?

This may sound really cheesy....but:

My brother started going out with a girl when he was a junior in high school and yeah she was hot, but she wasn't a dumbass either. They had a wonderful relationship and I know for a fact that they never had sex. That's not what the relationship or ANY relationship should be about. If that is what it is about then break up. Anyways (gets off of soapbox) they have been together since and he is now in college, but she is still in high school. I always thought they woulda broken up when he left, but it seems to be even better than before and now I see a HOT girl that diggs me, but I know she is dumb {censored} that wouldn't care anything about me and I probably could have gotten some, but why? I, like most people that have posted, am going to wait until I meet the right person.

True, i could have started dating in early high school, but now i look back on the "missed" oppurtunities, and i realise, that all the girls i would have dated are just dumb sluts. Theres maybe one or two in there that would have been worthwhile (emotionally) but even then, i saw it as too much hassle, and all my mates i went to school with who were dating were the biggest dumbasses, so i tried to distance myself from that as well.

Did date during high school (Middelbare School in Dutch), what it does help with is practicing skills to prepare you to have healthy relationships later on in life. It is not a necessity but can be helpful for the people that have a hard time making a connection with others.

People who skip the 'dating' and social interaction with the desired gender (same or opposite) altogether and stay cooped up in their rooms fused to the computer monitor/gamepad will have a harder time forming healthy relationships in later life.

Making and breaking relationships, like all things, takes practice to make perfect. But of course you always have 'naturals' who are good at it from the start....

My 2cents.

Hmm, interesting question...

Well, I had a relationship during the final year of High School, and it lasted two years... so it was worth it in my opinion.

Obviously some work out, some don't, it depends on what type of person you are... personally i'd say go for it if you want to, if you're not sure, don't.

~mac.nub

Yes it's definitely worth it, even if for no other reason than to learn about yourself. You don't mature in relationships until you've been through a few. You don't know how to handle certain types of people or situations unless you've been there. You don't know how to deal with hurt until you've been hurt. You need all of that.

Get out from behind the computer and go socialize. Don't let it consume you, but don't spend your life behind a screen.

High-school relationships although not a necessity are important to forming social and relationship skills. High school relationships provide a learning opportunity and are useful for forming relationships later in life. Though in a high school relationship one should note it will not last forever and not to be too discouraged once it is through.