10.7.2 update and ralink rt2860

ipad32

4 posts in this topic

Here's my problem. I reinstalled lion and got the latest version (10.7.2). After I was done installing. I installed the ralink driver (rt2860). Restarted my computer and it initially connected to the first open wifi in our neighborhood. It used to the same thing before in previous versions of lion and snow leopard. But I would have the option of choosing my wifi name. This time around it won't let me select my wifi name. The only way to do this is to remove the password from my wifi connection. I don't want to do this because other people would connect to my network. Anybody has an idea on how to solve this problem?

Here's my problem. I reinstalled lion and got the latest version (10.7.2). After I was done installing. I installed the ralink driver (rt2860). Restarted my computer and it initially connected to the first open wifi in our neighborhood. It used to the same thing before in previous versions of lion and snow leopard. But I would have the option of choosing my wifi name. This time around it won't let me select my wifi name. The only way to do this is to remove the password from my wifi connection. I don't want to do this because other people would connect to my network. Anybody has an idea on how to solve this problem?

Mayby try remove all apps and kexts and reinstall.

Im having the same problem. Contacted MediaTek (owns Ralink) and they will check it.