[Guide] Asus AT5IONT-I / Deluxe

buoo

57 posts in this topic

Thanks for your input entelia, i will try this and report back. Buoo, as mentioned i have installed over seven times now and am still getting the same result- i am following your guide by the note and still no luck, thank you for your help so far.

Hi entelia, tried your suggestion with current install and it doesn`t seem to have made any difference. I am going to try a fresh install with these bios settings to see if i can get any further- and yes, you are correct, there are three CPU settings in bios. TY

Hello again entelia, just completed a fresh install to 10.6.8 with bios settings as you suggested. Still no luck-i am getting the same result. Installation to 10.6.3 successful and working fine but as soon as the combo update is applied i can no longer boot back into OSX to do final installation/maintenance work. I guess i am just out of luck with this board-it`s driving me crazy :wallbash: . If there is anybody reading this post that have some suggestions, please feel free to make them. The last resort for me is going back to Windows but if i can`t install SL on this board it looks as if i`ll have to. Buoo and entelia, thank you for all of the help you have given me- buoo, please sell me your board :angel_not:

Im getting this error when trying to boot with AT5CDBoot: Memory allocation error! Addr=0xdeadbeef

I just burned the AT5CDBoot.iso on a DVD and booted it. After som loading t throws the error above. Any suggestions?

EDIT: I attached a screenshot of the error message

Did what you said and now I have this error message instead. It just freezes.

EDIT:

Restarted again and tried one more time. Now I have the same error message as before. Even though I've updated the BIOS to latest version.

post-974380-0-60656400-1330772004_thumb.jpg

EDIT 2: Made a new CD and now its working! Installing right now. Will be back if there's a problem.

post-974380-0-88610300-1330787244_thumb.jpg

I dont really grasp this part:

It will appear "dsdt.aml" on the Desktop, so open DSDT Auto-Patcher, select it and AT5IONT-I Deluxe.txt or AT5IONT-I.txt (you'll find in My package) and apply the patch. Name it DSDT.aml and put it in the Extra folder.

Copy mach_kernel_atom (10.6.8) in the Root "/" too.

• Should dsdt.aml be in DSDT-field in the Auto-patcher? And the AT5IONT-I.txt in the patch-field?
  • What file should I name DSDT.aml?
  • And where is the Extra-folder?
  • By Root "/", do you mean the root of the system harddrive?

Het buoo- no joy with any of the linkes kernels. I want to make 100% sure i am doing this correctly. 1st - SATA to AHCI in Bios. 2nd - Boot from AT5 Boot Disc ( getting various Ebios read errors, error parsing plist and finally could not load background image.png) but able to swap discs, F5 and install 10.6.3 retail. 3rd - install AT5IONT-I.pkg ( this is the board i am using, the non deluxe version). 4th - Copying and pasting from a windows text file into terminal your terminal text, dsdt.aml is appearing on desktop. 5th - opening in your archive DSDT auto patcher, using DSDT parse (jar)- selecting dsdt.aml from desktop then selecting AT5IONT-I from DSDT Patch in your archive, applying and saving new file as DSDT.aml- putting this into the Extra folder. 6th - Copying mach_kernel_atom 10.6.8 into first level root of hard drive. 7th - install kexts into sys/lib/ext. 8th - Installing combo update via saves and downloaded methods ( this is the point where i can no longer reboot into OSX and install final kext and do maintenance work. Is this correct??? If so i am now at the point of taking this lovely looking Hack Mini into the road outside and running over it with my car LOL!

http://i40.tinypic.com/m9vg39.jpg

On a sidenote Chameleon isn`t doing its job either- i am having to use the AT5 boot cd to boot into 10.6.3 every time, is this usual??

Musse, root/ is the first level after clicking your hard drive and Extra folder should appear when you apply the AT5IONT-I/Deluxe.pkg

Hi I managed to get HDMI audio working... DSDT patch looks like this:

Device (P0P6)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001C0002)
			Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x09,
				0x05
			})
			Device (GFX1)
			{
				Name (_ADR, Zero)
				Name (_SUN, One)
				Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
				{
					Store (Package (0x06)
						{
							"@0,connector-type",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
							},
							"@1,connector-type",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
							},
							"hda-gfx",
							Buffer (0x0A)
							{
								"onboard-1"
							}
						}, Local0)
					DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}
			Device (HDAU)
			{
				Name (_ADR, One)
				{
					Store (Package (0x02)
						{
							"hda-gfx",
							Buffer (0x0A)
							{
								"onboard-1"
							}
						}, Local0)
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}
			Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				If (PICM)
				{
					Return (AR06)
				}
				Return (PR06)
			}
		}

Then you also need to install included kexts. Back Panel audio doesnt work with this kext, only HDMI...

To binary patch AppleHDA i replaced 0A 00 DE 10 occurrence with 0B 00 DE 10 (according to tutorial from other forum)...

Enjoy,

NOTE: you cannot have VoodooHDA alongside with this, or you'll get a kernel panic.

Could you guys write a short tutorial on how to do this since i'm a total noob. Or do I just have to use Kext Wizard and install the files? Can I remove VoodooHDA with Kext Wizard as well? I would really like to get audio work with HDMI.

EDIT: Could I just do it this way?:

Buoo, installed 10.6.3 and did all updates individually. 10.6.5 - had to re install USB kexts, 10.6.7 also had to reinstall USB kexts. Installed 10.6.8 and still fails to boot even in safe and verbose ( 10.6.7 works perfectly by the way) i really need to get to 10.6.8 to hopefully get Lion installed, any ideas???

• 1 month later...

Hi I managed to get HDMI audio working... DSDT patch looks like this:

Device (P0P6)
		{
			Name (_ADR, 0x001C0002)
			Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
			{
				0x09,
				0x05
			})
			Device (GFX1)
			{
				Name (_ADR, Zero)
				Name (_SUN, One)
				{
					Store (Package (0x06)
						{
							"@0,connector-type",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
							},
							"@1,connector-type",
							Buffer (0x04)
							{
								0x00, 0x08, 0x00, 0x00
							},
							"hda-gfx",
							Buffer (0x0A)
							{
								"onboard-1"
							}
						}, Local0)
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}
			Device (HDAU)
			{
				Name (_ADR, One)
				{
					Store (Package (0x02)
						{
							"hda-gfx",
							Buffer (0x0A)
							{
								"onboard-1"
							}
						}, Local0)
					Return (Local0)
				}
			}
			Method (_PRT, 0, NotSerialized)
			{
				If (PICM)
				{
					Return (AR06)
				}
				Return (PR06)
			}
		}

Then you also need to install included kexts. Back Panel audio doesnt work with this kext, only HDMI...

To binary patch AppleHDA i replaced 0A 00 DE 10 occurrence with 0B 00 DE 10 (according to tutorial from other forum)...

Enjoy,

NOTE: you cannot have VoodooHDA alongside with this, or you'll get a kernel panic.

can you tell me how u patch this in DSDT, i'm trying but error apears(

• 2 weeks later...

Did what you said and now I have this error message instead. It just freezes.

EDIT:

Restarted again and tried one more time. Now I have the same error message as before. Even though I've updated the BIOS to latest version.

EDIT 2: Made a new CD and now its working! Installing right now. Will be back if there's a problem.

I've made 5 different DVD's under ubuntu and windows and every different way get this error. Are there any other bios setting that you changed. I noted that you said that the time it worked you make a new CD instead of DVD. Did you really make a CD instead of DVD? Is there a key to interrupt the boot before beginning the OS load to set options? I am using the Non-Deluxe version of the board with the 502 version latest bios... Does anyone have a Non-Deluxe working? BTW I was able to boot the ######.iso from ###### forum... So I believe that there is something wrong with the image that downloads.

Followup: It was using a CD instead of a DVD... Now moving on with the rest of the process... Thanks...

• 2 weeks later...

It works! :)

It works! :)

Buoo, Any chance you would post the steps you took to upgrade your AT5IONT-I to Lion? I've tried a number of different attempts using a number of different guides.... xmove and such with no luck. I got everything else you suggested working! TYVM! The only issue I have run into is when my system goes to sleep something changes the BIOS settings such that it hangs at blue screen....

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...