Can't Click or Type after Lion Install

onelegend

4 posts in this topic

I have a Toshiba F55 Qosmio notebook that I installed Lion on using the Guide on TonyMacx86's blog

The installation goes through just fine, but it takes about 5 minutes for it to boot, and the big problem is I can't click anything or type anything once the OS loads. The cursor on screen moves when I move it, but I can't click anything and none of the menu appear when I scroll over anything.

My Wireless card stops working too and it worked in Snow Leopard.

The machine will function if I boot using -f. Anyone know what might be wrong?

I have a Toshiba F55 Qosmio notebook that I installed Lion on using the Guide on TonyMacx86's blog

The installation goes through just fine, but it takes about 5 minutes for it to boot, and the big problem is I can't click anything or type anything once the OS loads. The cursor on screen moves when I move it, but I can't click anything and none of the menu appear when I scroll over anything.

My Wireless card stops working too and it worked in Snow Leopard.

The machine will function if I boot using -f. Anyone know what might be wrong?

move your kexts that you have in /Extra/Extensions to /System/Library/extensions - repair permissions and reboot normal.

Remove all lines in boot plist reading "usekernelcache= Yes " or set it to "no" .

move your kexts that you have in /Extra/Extensions to /System/Library/extensions - repair permissions and reboot normal.

Remove all lines in boot plist reading "usekernelcache= Yes " or set it to "no" .

Tried this, didn't work... But that's for the assist

Any other ideas?

I think this issue is related to wireless adapters. This same issue happened on my desktop. The system started responding after about 10 minutes. I removed the wireless adapter and it booted up fine. Hopefully there is a fix soon :).