Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 is Available!

Eiszeit

140 posts in this topic

6yHS1.jpg

10.7.0 was working fine, combo updated to 10.7.2, removed the ACP kext from the graphics, updated to the current chameleon 2.1 svn, no matter what I keep hanging on this screen... Any advice?

Fixed it; this happened when rebooting after a KP during 10.7.2 installation.

Restored my HD to a CCC backup of 10.7.0, ran the 10.7.2 combo updater from that 10.7.0 in safe mode, success that time; all I had to do to boot in was remove ACP from the graphics kext, and drop in my old AppleHDA and now everything works except for iCloud; working on that one now...

Unfortunately THIS solution not works too in my case, thanx anyway

Sorry :(

However I forgot to mention that I have removed ApplePolicyControl.kext and I have restored ALL kexts related to ATi. All the 24 items. bundles, etc..

And don't forget to repair permissions, lol :D

Have luck!

For anyone interested, I confirmed my KP could be cured in at least two ways:

1) Changing org.chameleon.Boot.plist from GraphicsEnabler = Y to GraphicsEnabler = N

2) Removing the ApplePolicyControl.kext from AppleGraphicsControl.kext in S/L/E

I prefer the plist change so I don't have to mess with modifying kexts but that forces my Radeon HD 6870 to use Apple's display drivers. I get QE/CI but an incorrect framebuffer in the Apple drivers causes certain apps to crash (like DVD Player). So for now I am stuck deleting ApplePolicyControl. If anyone has an alternative, I would be extremely interested to hear it.

Mike

Ok finally i got it work.

I plugged out the Lion HD and put it on to an other Mac, deleted the AppleTyMECDriver.kext + rebuild cache and it worked. Dunno, why i can´t remove the file via safe mode.

After that I also have to reconfigure my gtx 560 ti in the NVDAGF100Hal.kext + rebuild cache. Now I can use Full HD resolution and both displays. Somehow, the update set the graphic card definition to default.

PS: Even iCloud works fine

Semantics (...) I believe the tool calls it "random generation" but I could be mistaken. Sorry, I just don't see how this is material to the original poster's question.

As a Hackintosh user/builder I believe it is important to understand that the reason why adding this data to your smbios.plist works for you is because it comes from a real Mac.

OS X configures various aspects of itself (power management is one) and loads specific kernel extensions based on which Mac model it is installed on (or on a Hackintosh, which model identifier is used in smbios.plist) and that is why you can run into trouble if you're not using data from a real Mac, or mismatching or incomplete "randomly generated" data.

If smbios.plist was randomly generated it would only work if you were lucky.

It is material to the original posters question because having a correct smbios.plist is one of the possible fixes for the issue that's discussed in this thread.

First: Thank You CooSee from "Reversioner11C73Client.pkg". Thank You very much.

It works appropriate. - And make life easy. = Moral teaching: Do not clean.

Btw:

Asus P5E Deluxe: Normal Intel chips, except AD 1988b sound chip and Marwell Yukon 88E8056 ethernet chip. From kexts.com I find older AppleHDA 2.1.1 which someone is edit to works with 1988b, and LegacyAppleYukon2 fix that Marwell chip. Normal dsdt.dsl +aml fix. Everything works, except iCloud, but I am not even try yet.

System is developed end evolved quite long time, and I decided to increase 8 Gb ram. Lion seems to be more memory hungry than SL. - Invest older ddr2 feel a little bit stupid, but I have usage older 4x1 Gb memory, and current system else works quite well. There is no really reason move better yet. Even fsb is 1600 Mhz this old motherboard, than mac pro use still 1333 Mhz. (=400/333)

I use my old D945 and 4x1 Gb ram in future 10.6.8 server system, which I shall build next. I find new old stock D945 gtplkr motherboard under 40 euros.

T

-.-

Edit Edit: When write wrong language, the idea seems to be lost very easy.

1. I thing that older system, X48 for example, seems to works more easily well than many newer others.

2. I feel myself, that 10.7.2 is only fine-tuned 10.6.8. Number can be easily 10.6.12, than 10.7.2. This is only my opinion. That is the reason, why I think that I can recycle older processor and memory and still use them well. They works and 10.6.8 is still very good system.

I wait all summer, that someone would make new "legacy_kernel_11" -version for old D945, and I really believe, that Lion would be something really new... it is not. It belongs the same continuum than 10.6 series.

I rebuild my smbios.plist with "Champlist.app" and after that AppleID works.

I must say, that "ThePirateMan" in my soul is not impressed much this AppleID, AppStore and iCloud.

This is my first post on insanelymac.com though I have receiving lots of tips and instructions for the last two years with my beloved hackintosh.

I have been meddling with 10.7.2 for the last two days and happy to say that everything is functional now (as far as I know). I am sharing some of my methods with you all, hoping that you might help with your problems. Note that your mileage may vary (as I myself still trying to figure out why it is working again).

1. AppleControlPolicy.kext

I started with KP during the installation at 10.7.2. To fix this, I removed AppleControlPolicy.kext inside AppleGraphicsControl.kext and reboot with -v -f.

However, I realized that it may probably due to smbios.plist settings. I'm guessing that AppleControlPolicy.kext is checking against my serial and bios version which is randomly assigned by Kakewalk (my original setup).

What I did is to download Chameleon Wizard and generate a "valid" smbios.plist and put back the AppleControlPolicy.kext and it seems working now :)

2. AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

Those seeing KP on the above-mentioned. I got it too when I had changed the SMproductname on smbios.plist to "MacPro5,1" from "MacPro3,1". When I switched it back, it seems working again.

3. "This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account."

This is a PITA, which now I still can't figure out how I get it to work. My luck :).

I read from the forum that I will need the latest Chameleon or Chimera. So I installed the latest Chameleon (with iCloud/FaceTime fix) I think the version is r16xx. Rebooted but still cannot sign in. :)

Then I tried installed Chimera 1.5.4 and it made it worse.. Now I got a "Waiting for root device" error in verbose.

Fortunately, I made a backup of Chameleon boot loader and restore it. And Wala, this time after I reboot, I am automatically log into iCloud. No idea why but I am happy person. Probably it is due to some caching of old boot loader.

Here's my set up:

EP45-UD3

Kakewalk 4.1 + ComboUpdate 10.7.2

Chameleon r16xx (just search kexts.com for the latest iCloud/FaceTime fix)

A good news: the sound which is broken in 10.7.1 is now fixed without having to do the audio rollback using [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url].

UPDATE:

Forgot to mention that I also change the Network Settings to fix the iCloud error (as from what I read from tonymacosx forum). It doesn't fix the problem right away, but it may a combination of chameleon boot loader and this to make it work. No harm trying.

First go to Library > Preferences > SystemConfiguration

Delete the networkinterfaces.plist (don't worry, it auto replaces itself when you reboot). Add this line to your boot.plist:

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>

<string>Yes</string>

that would be /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist (at least if you're running Chimera 1.5.4)

and

- Remove all network devices from System Preferences/Network.

- Delete deleting library>preferences>system configuration> NetworkInterfaces.plist file.

* Finally, Reboot.

After reboot, go to System Preferences/Network add add devices. Click (Ethernet) FIRST!! Then add the other adapters you use to connect to the internet.

Thanx for tipps iOSX86 first post but very informative, for my case unfortunately deadly eternal bootscreen still hangs as nightmare from yesterday after I updated to 10.7.2 fro 7.1, could you explane in more details :

I had changed the Machine Type on smbios.plist to "Mac Pro5,1" from "Mac Pro3,1"
could you be more specific on smbios.plist role in my Hackintosh mess ?

Thanx in advance

as I look inside that file it contains that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MP31.88Z.00C1.B00.0802091544</string>

<key>SMmanufacter</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro3,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>W87234JHYA4</string>

<key>SMsystemversion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

POST your kernel panics :(

I fell off the chair laughing at your post :) because I was too quick to simply downloading and installing and yes I got a KP

I restored my extenssion backup and it worked in safe mode but with issues still

any idea???????

Thanks

Update now fixed thanks to the guy in here who helped us.(sorry forgot the name)

post-215462-1318590527_thumb.jpg

Thanx for tipps iOSX86 first post but very informative, for my case unfortunately deadly eternal bootscreen still hangs as nightmare from yesterday after I updated to 10.7.2 fro 7.1, could you explane in more details : could you be more specific on smbios.plist role in my Hackintosh mess ?

Thanx in advance

as I look inside that file it contains that:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>SMbiosversion</key>

<string>MP31.88Z.00C1.B00.0802091544</string>

<key>SMmanufacter</key>

<string>Apple Inc.</string>

<key>SMproductname</key>

<string>MacPro3,1</string>

<key>SMserial</key>

<string>W87234JHYA4</string>

<key>SMsystemversion</key>

<string>1.0</string>

</dict>

</plist>

I actually meant SMproductname. Your seems like it is already set to MacPro3,1. Then it could be something else on your smbios.plist. Have you tried download the Chameleon Wizard to generate the smbios.list?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=257464

As a Hackintosh user/builder I believe it is important to understand that the reason why adding this data to your smbios.plist works for you is because it comes from a real Mac.

OS X configures various aspects of itself (power management is one) and loads specific kernel extensions based on which Mac model it is installed on (or on a Hackintosh, which model identifier is used in smbios.plist) and that is why you can run into trouble if you're not using data from a real Mac, or mismatching or incomplete "randomly generated" data.

If smbios.plist was randomly generated it would only work if you were lucky.

It is material to the original posters question because having a correct smbios.plist is one of the possible fixes for the issue that's discussed in this thread.

OK, I apologize if my statement was misleading to anyone. I understood what was going on and I was blindly trying to help someone since I was not in front of my hackintosh at the time I was writing that. Now I am at my machine. I guess it is more accurate to say the tool randomly "generates" a week of manufacture and randomly "generates" a unique number in order to randomly "select" a real Mac serial number and ultimately "generate" the smbios.plist.

By the way, although I verified this was a real Mac serial, it did not fix my KP which is the feedback I was trying to give in my original response.

Mike

Ah okay, so you're confusing the serial number with the product ID! Yes, the SN is being generated by the Chameleon wizard and the result should be an authentic Mac serial number.

I don't know how important it is to have an authentic serial number though. I used this guide to create mine:

http://prasys.info/2009/11/understanding-mac-serial-number/

I see. Maybe I was confusing the two.

I'll take another look at the SMboardproduct. That is the one that is considered the product ID right?

Mike

UPDATE: I don't what I did differently this time but changing the SMboardproduct seemed to work! This is definitely the preferred solution because we don't have to mess with kexts at all. Thanks ianday!

I already told you in post #91.

SMboardproduct is the motherboard model used in the Mac you are spoofing via your smbios.plist.

I'll post an example..again..

Type iMac7,1 dmi.bios in to Google and follow the first link you see to bugs.launchpad.net, mail-archive.com/ubuntu-bugs or mailrepository.com/ubuntu-bugs. Don't trust Hackintosh forums or sites for this information, it may be inaccurate. Always try to get DMI data for your smbios.plist from a real Mac.

Scroll down a bit and you will see this:

dmi.bios.date: 03/05/08
dmi.bios.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.bios.version: IM71.88Z.007A.B03.0803051705
dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag
dmi.board.name: Mac-F42386C8
dmi.board.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.board.version: PVT
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset Tag#
dmi.chassis.type: 13
dmi.chassis.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.chassis.version: Mac-F42386C8
dmi.product.name: iMac7,1
dmi.product.version: 1.0
dmi.sys.vendor: Apple Inc.

So, it follows that if you're using the iMac7,1 model identifier (SMproductname), you must set F42386C8 as SMboardproduct.

Another thing worth mentioning here is that if you are using Chameleon 2.1, the final revision of Chameleon 2.0 or a late revision of Chameleon 2.0 RC5, you must now use "manufacturer" in place of "manufacter" as in for example SMboardmanufacturer. Unless he's using an older version of Chameleon, user "daxure" in post #109 has it wrong.

iOSX86 I`ve downloaded Chameleon Wizard tool and managed to play around "about my MAC" Thanx for that,#

screencapturegc.png

I don`t know if changing "about this MAC" brings some changes in hackintosh`s behaviour ???

Prime problem though remains again unsolved (waiting Bootscreen issue), I`ve managed in verbose mode one shot of it maybe could you find something "suspicious" in that picture? :(

1001723.jpg

Thanx in advance

One quick question I had. Is there a proper way to enable TRIM on 10.7.2? Just curious before I run trim enabler 1.2 again.

See:

http://digitaldj.net/2011/07/21/trim-enabler-for-lion/

In order to do it right you need to binpatch it instead of using an outdated kext:

sudo perl -pi -e 's|(\x52\x6F\x74\x61\x74\x69\x6F\x6E\x61\x6C\x00{1,20})[^\x00]{9}(\x00{1,20}\x51)|$1\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00\x00$2|sg' /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext/Contents/MacOS/IOAHCIBlockStorage

Verified and working!

post-199409-1318669512_thumb.png