Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2 is Available!

Eiszeit

140 posts in this topic

has anyone had any success with my solution? same problem but saves messing with the kexts.

If you mean

In smbios.plist change

<key>SMcputype</key>

<string>1281</string>

To

<key>SMboardproduct</key>

<string>Mac-F221BEC8</string>

then I don't think so. I generated a product ID but that didn't seem to do anything for my KP issue. I'll have to look into the SMcputype when I get home and see what my setting is. That may have something to do with the problem. I hope so, because I don't want to have to modify this kext with every update.

Mike

Great, all is back and running except my ALC888. [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] seems not to work :(

Can anyone upload a copy of 10.7.2's original AppleHDA.kext? Wanna try out AppleFan91's method.

Thanks!

I have the same problem running a 9800GTX+ and was wondering if anyone had found a solution to the display going to sleep. I'm pretty sure my computer is still running (I don't have sound, but I can get the CD-ROM drive to open).

I have a Gigabyte EP45-DS3L motherboard and have my video card settings through DSDT (following blackosx's thread here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=180954). I tried GraphicsEnabler in Chameleon but that didn't help. Do I have to edit my DSDT file for this to work? Or can I simply just add that string in my com.apple.Boot.plist file?

Any other suggestions? Thanks!

graphicsenabler = yes and remove your GFX0 section from your DSDT and it will work (did for me), although the driver is not working 100%, i am getting laggyness and some graphical bugs. i suspect it is the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. not sure tho.

Update OK, Downloaded over SoftwareUpdate, installed without problems, only AppleHDA needs to be repace with version 1.8.7.,repaire permissions, Everything works perfect!

iCoud works with latest Chameleon 2.1 r1627VS [iCloud & FaceTime Fix].

Thanks!

Black screen

open dsdt.aml end change "ADR" to "UID":

Device (PCI0)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))
		Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
		Name (_ADR, Zero)

Device (PCI0)
	{
		Name (_HID, EisaId ("PNP0A08"))
		Name (_CID, EisaId ("PNP0A03"))
		Name (_UID, Zero)

@daxure

Have you tried the method on page 3 post 55. Worked with me, i had the "same" problem (thanks AppleFan91).

Buddy I have already made changes in AGC.kext before posting so eternal Bootscreen is there without any change... maybe somebody else could help ?

After update to 10.7.2. from 7.1. stuck on Boot screen please HELP!

The solution for the ApplePolicyControl.kext issue that you worked all day on is simply to delete it? :( Ingenious.

I know it sound stupid, I'm not a computer programer so that's all i can do, but at least it can get my system back to work again.

I don't know how the AGC.kext effects the system, but so far it's still run fine when without it. Still looking for another effective solution.

Installed it and after reboot I'm stuck at boot screen. No kernel panic or anything, simply stopped after DSMOS has arrived text and can't boot.

Tried -x -f -F tried to switch to onboard vga and disable onboard lan and audo but nothing helps.

At the moment i'm stuck and have no working OS on my desktop.

any ideas?

Okay, I've found out the soultion.

The main problem is the GraphicsEnabler. If I leave it on YES then I'm stuck on boot and {censored} happens. If I put GraphicsEnabler to NO then I can boot but no qe/ci and res.

So thanks to my luck I had a backup of my ati radeon drivers (ATI5000controller and ATIX1300... etc..) I put em back to S/L/E after I backupped the currenty, 10.7.2 drivers to my desktop. Then I was able to boot with GE=Yes.

I had to add again my EDID information to get right resolution and everything's cool. Right now.

EDID hack: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=208410

another question guys. is iCloud available to anyone or only for people with any iOS device?

Hey,

Lion was running good. But I made the Update from today. So after the Update Lion booted. But only in 1024x. So I reinstalled GeForceGLDriver with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] (this worked for me with the same Problem when I updated from Snow Leo to Lion). And I also rebuild caches and repaired permissions.

After that I rebooted. Now I get this Kernel Panic:

panic.JPG

Can anyone help? Don´t saw that Panic before.

Regards & Thanks

I have since generated a real product ID.

Contradiction in terms. If you have "generated" it, then it isn't real.

SMBoardproduct is the motherboard model of the Mac you are spoofing in your smbios.plist. For example, a MacPro 3,1 motherboard is F42C88C8, as you can see here:

dmi.bios.date: 02/29/08
dmi.bios.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.bios.version: MP31.88Z.006C.B05.0802291410
dmi.board.asset.tag: Base Board Asset Tag#
dmi.board.name: Mac-F42C88C8
dmi.board.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.board.version: Proto1
dmi.chassis.asset.tag: Asset Tag#
dmi.chassis.type: 2
dmi.chassis.vendor: Apple Inc.
dmi.chassis.version: Mac-F42C88C8
dmi.product.name: MacPro3,1
dmi.product.version: 1.0
dmi.sys.vendor: Apple Inc.

(source = Linux bug report sites, google search MacPro3,1 dmi.bios)

I generated a product ID but that didn't seem to do anything for my KP issue.

How did you do that? Is there some kind of tool out there that claims to "generate" product IDs?

Okay, I've found out the soultion.

The main problem is the GraphicsEnabler. If I leave it on YES then I'm stuck on boot and {censored} happens. If I put GraphicsEnabler to NO then I can boot but no qe/ci and res.

Unfortunately THIS solution not works too in my case, thanx anyway

graphicsenabler = yes and remove your GFX0 section from your DSDT and it will work (did for me), although the driver is not working 100%, i am getting laggyness and some graphical bugs. i suspect it is the AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext. not sure tho.

Thanks, this worked!

How did you do that? Is there some kind of tool out there that claims to "generate" product IDs?

The tool I used to generate the ID is called Chameleon Wizard. It worked very well indeed and patched the file for me automatically. I then went to a web site (can't recall where off hand) where I checked that the ID generated by the tool would be a recognized ID of a real Mac by Apple. Good stuff.

Mike

Hey,

Lion was running good. But I made the Update from today. So after the Update Lion booted. But only in 1024x. So I reinstalled GeForceGLDriver with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] (this worked for me with the same Problem when I updated from Snow Leo to Lion). And I also rebuild caches and repaired permissions.

After that I rebooted. Now I get this Kernel Panic:

panic.JPG

Can anyone help? Don´t saw that Panic before.

Regards & Thanks

And i identified my Computer as A Mac 5.1 . May be this causes the Kernel Panic?

Regarding to this (older Update) klick

And i identified my Computer as A Mac 5.1 . May be this causes the Kernel Panic?

Yes, AFAIK using a model identifer (SMproductname) from a Mac with Nehalem architecture CPU causes AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to load.

The tool I used to generate the ID is called Chameleon Wizard.

The SMboardproduct (what you call ID) is not being "generated", it already exists as you can see for yourself when you google that particular Mac model. What's being generated, based on your choices, is an smbios.plist.

Yes, AFAIK using a Mac model from a Mac with Nehalem architecture CPU causes AppleTyMCEDriver.kext to load.

The SMboardproduct (what you call ID) is not being "generated", it already exists as you can see for yourself when you google that particular Mac model. What's being generated, based on your choices, is an smbios.plist.

Semantics. I guess I'm a bit mixed up since I'm not in front of my Hackintosh right now. I believe the tool calls it "random generation" but I could be mistaken. Sorry, I just don't see how this is material to the original poster's question.

Mike