Quicksilver is now universal

weeguy

11 posts in this topic

Install the PowerPC version listed on the website, then go to Preferences and check for Development updates. It'll prompt you that a new version B43 Collie 2EA2 is available. Download it and check under Finder to see that Quicksilver's architecture is now Intel, PowerPC.

Install the PowerPC version listed on the website, then go to Preferences and check for Development updates. It'll prompt you that a new version B43 Collie 2EA2 is available. Download it and check under Finder to see that Quicksilver's architecture is now Intel, PowerPC.

Thanks for the heads up, this is a must have app. I was going crazy using tiger's slow spotlight to access applications.

Everything ive run under Rosetta works fine, CPU usage is usually slightly higher than native Intel, i can run the visualizations on Itunes but it nearly kills the CPU, has anyone had any luck compiling XMMS (X Windows Multimedia System) under OS X?

Just a quick update, QS has been updated to build 2F44. Not noticeable diferences though.

melchior: perhaps you could consider using Gimp to tide you over, since it has been ported as a universal binary already.

i have the universal binary and it does run nice and quick! i suppose it shouldn't take too much getting used to... but oh how it had to change habit! ;)

melchior: Well, i guess there's a certain learning curve to Gimp but it sure beats having to deal with a laggy PS ;)

philter: QS is essentially an application launcher which you activate by pressing a hotkey (ctrl + space), followed by entering the name of the desired application. I've removed most of the icons on my dock since QS does the job so well. Of course, QS does much more than just that and no amount of praise and explanation does it justice. Go download it and try it out to understand why it's such a necessity.