• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Jumb0

Jumb0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I am running an Intel Prescott 2.81ghz. I cannot install anything or run iTunes. I was told that I may need an (Unpatched) version of the oah file. Can someone link me to a guide on how to change this?

Guest: User Name_*

Guest: User Name_*
  • Guests
I would be interested in the same

squeeky

squeeky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
Are you trying to install PPC apps? My 3.0 ghz PIV has only SSE2 so your might as well not have SSE3, which is required for that. Patch or not.

Jumb0

Jumb0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Are you trying to install PPC apps? My 3.0 ghz PIV has only SSE2 so your might as well not have SSE3, which is required for that. Patch or not.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My cpu has SSE2 and SSE3...
Things I've tried installing: Limewire, MSN Messenger for MAC, and Macromedia Flash.

Prog

Prog

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts
Isn't Rosetta like...not in the vmware image that most of us are using?

daenney

daenney

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Isn't Rosetta like...not in the vmware image that most of us are using?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh no.... cause Rosetta is part of OSX Tiger x86... i don't think they stripped that out of it..

tricky1

tricky1

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
I think the deadmoo image has the patched CoreGraphics, which is what I believe keeps Rosetta from working, I used the Developers DVD and the xpl0de method to install natively, and skipped patching CoreGraphics and Rosetta seems to work for me, as I can run iTunes and installl PPC binaries

zfire89

zfire89

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts

I think the deadmoo image has the patched CoreGraphics, which is what I believe keeps Rosetta from working, I used the Developers DVD and the xpl0de method to install natively, and skipped patching CoreGraphics and Rosetta seems to work for me, as I can run iTunes and installl PPC binaries

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy