HP DV7-6111tx dsdt

GDMorry

15 posts in this topic

I have a HP Pavilion DV7-6111tx

I have collected a AIDA64 Everest report, a DSDTSE Windows extracted dsdt.dsl and a Ubuntu extracted dsdt.aml (clean no work and one compiled with just one fix) and added all this into a dv7-6111tx.zip.

I was hoping someone could help me with a fixed and patched DSDT.aml to work with this lap top.

CPU Type Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-2630QM, 2200 MHz (22 x 100)

Motherboard Name Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

Motherboard Chipset Intel Cougar Point HM65, Intel Sandy Bridge

BIOS Type Insyde (06/24/2011) Version = F.17

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® HD Graphics (3938232 KB)

Video Adapter Mobile Intel® HD Graphics (3938232 KB)

3D Accelerator AMD Radeon HD 6770M (Whistler)

Monitor AU Optronics B173HW01 V5 [17.3" LCD]

etc. etc. (full details included in Everest report)

Installation method advice would be appreciated. I can get S/L installed but CPU info does not allow a Lion upgrade ??

dv7_6111tx.zip

without spoon feeding, try using the iAtkos L1 from uphuck to install lion. figure out, on your own, what customizations will satisfy your needs

I only support this method, because I have legitimately purchased Lion already, so, I feel like I can use this modded method. I suggest you do the same, support the manufacturer of the OS we like

Thank you I have never heard of "iAtkos" I have used mammoth's method and succeeded on a DV6-2114tx.

I have a Gigabyte desktop system that is all working fine with Lion.

On this laptop (DV7-6111tx) I seem to have problems with the cpu caller error (I'm not sure if it is a Sandy Bridge problem ??)

ALL Software that I have is purchased I have three Snow Leopard DVD's and have purchased the Lion app from apple.

I refuse to used pirate software .. if I want it I purchased it = guilt free :rolleyes:

I had no progress at all using mammoths "Cham" method as I could not find a suitable miif :(

I subsequently used Maldons method and created a USB.

Fixed com.apple.Boot.plist is depreciated error by simply renaming it to org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Fixed mach_kernel error by copying mach_kernel to / of USB .

Updated all in Extra Folder to MacBookPro8,1 / Sandy Bridge from maldons Extra_MacBookPro8_1.zip

Booted from USB and attempted install with -v -x arch=x86_64 cpus=1

KP as attached.

Oh and would a basic DSDT.aml with no patches and no errors (just a few warnings) be better to use than none at all?

post-777827-1318387805_thumb.jpg

**Note**

Extra SATA Drive & 4Gb ram stick removed =only one drive for mac os and one 4Gb stick ram.

I removed the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext also AppleIntelCPUPowerManagementClient.kext

and placed in

IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector

LegacyAHCI

&

NullCPUPowerManagement

Also added

<key>DSDT</key>
<string>DSDT.aml</string>

to org.chameleon.Boot.plist ...

I got a LOT further but last thing I saw was something about waiting for DSMOS then the screen went blank .. yet machine is still powered not a reboot .. usb showed a little activity but all quite now no progress :(

for blank screen, connect an external monitor via, hdmi or vga. what ever you have.

that just means your EDID is not being detected by OS X. so look up a method on obtaining your EDID from windows.

if you ever get the screen to work while using ATI graphics acceleration, then let us know. good luck

for blank screen, connect an external monitor via, hdmi or vga. what ever you have.

that just means your EDID is not being detected by OS X. so look up a method on obtaining your EDID from windows.

if you ever get the screen to work while using ATI graphics acceleration, then let us know. good luck

Duh (off-course) why didn't I think of that :P Cheers ;)

No win HDMI or VGA .. . Thx though

OK I have tried just about everything I can think of :)

I simply can no get past the "dropping to blank screen" .. Which is where I am guessing the LION "install greeting" would normally be?

I have used the "Extracted EDID" method and it does come up in my Snow/Lep as the EDID monitor (so that part works)

Well .. I thought I could copy that "/System/Library/Displays/Overrides" folder to the same on the Lion install .. :) NO joy :) The internal LCD only works up to the point of Lion install / greeting

I simply can not get any external monitor VGA/HDMI to work in Snow/Lep or Lion install ??

I also can not seem to get any VGA/HDMI monitor to work outside of windows :P

IDEAS ... ANYONE ?? :)

Bios is now

TITLE:  HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors)

VERSION:  F.1A REV:  A
DESCRIPTION:  
This package provides an update to the System BIOS. The update installs on
supported notebook models using a supported Microsoft Windows Operating System.
A reboot is required to complete the installation.

PURPOSE:  Routine
SoftPaq NUMBER:  sp54024
SUPERSEDES:  sp53216

EFFECTIVE DATE:  22 July 2011
CATEGORY:  BIOS
SSM SUPPORTED:  YES

PRODUCT TYPE(S):  
Notebooks

Used [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] (NEW!)

Tonymac Tool to Create a Bootable 10.7.x Installation USB Drive from App or USB Thumb

Finally got to the Lion installation menu and got through all the way to reboot :P

However when I reboot all goes back to the same problem :wacko:

DSMOS has arrived then screen goes blank :)

HOW do I get my screen to work? "Monitor AU Optronics B173HW01 V5 [17.3" LCD]" 1920X1080 Native Resoloution..

OR even the external VGA/HDMI ?? New BIOS F.1A has option for "Switchable Graphics Mode" with "FIXED" and "DYNAMIC" options tried both settings with and without Power adapter plugged in :) I noticed that switchable graphics changes in windows with A/C removed.

:o:blink: :blink:

SUCCESS :)

Everytime I booted from HD I lost display, so I copied and used all settings the same as if I were booting from tonymacs "[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]" and VIOLA :)

I am finally into LION on my HP DV7-6111tx using HD3000 Graphics at the moment I don't care for the ATI 6770m (I've got plenty of time and developments will be made)

• 10 months later...

SUCCESS :D

Everytime I booted from HD I lost display, so I copied and used all settings the same as if I were booting from tonymacs "######" and VIOLA :D

I am finally into LION on my HP DV7-6111tx using HD3000 Graphics at the moment I don't care for the ATI 6770m (I've got plenty of time and developments will be made)

Hi GDMorry,

Congratulations. I came accross your post and I was curious to know, how you disabled your ATI card without the option in your BIOS to do so ? did OSX take your HD3000 as the main card by default ?

awaiting reply, thanks.

• 7 months later...