[Solved] Wrong Resolution no matter what!

FreakShow!

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I've managed to install Lion on my Dell Vostro 1500. It's got an 8600M GT and uses a resolution of 1280x800.

I've tried Graphics Enabler and Graphics Mode in the plist and also the option to use Nvidia ROM (whatever that is), but it still only boots with 1024x768, no matter what I do.

I have a couple of thoughts about what could be wrong, I could be changing the wrong plist.

You see, I have modified my laptop a little bit, so that the HDD is actually a small SSD, that has Windows on.

The CD Drive is now actually a large HDD, where OS X is installed. Unfortunately the laptop can only boot from the SSD, but once it's got initial instructions it can boot off the HDD.

I've had to delete the "System Reserved" space that Windows 7 creates with it's boot loader and install Chameleon in there, and this allows me to choose to boot off the HDD. Maybe I need to change the plist that's on there?

I'm currently editing the plist with Chameleon v2 RC5 via the System Preferences pain. Is that right?

Thanks for any help guys.

I've fixed it myself.

Used [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] to install Chimera onto the System Reserved Space and that seems to work with it. For some reason Chameleon wouldn't do it. Maybe I was using an old version that was incompatible or something.

So try that :)

Now I need to get the laptop parts working, it shows 0% as battery.