Install Snow Leopard on ANY PC for ANYBODY! Includes Windows dual-boot.

• Please log in to reply
775 replies to this topic

Poll: How does this guide work for you? (43 member(s) have cast votes)

Is it clear to understand?

1. Yes, it was very clear. (36 votes [83.72%])

Percentage of vote: 83.72%

2. No, there is jargon I don't understand... (7 votes [16.28%])

Percentage of vote: 16.28%

Were you able to successfully install Mac OS?

1. Yes! The installation worked great! I just have to get hardware working/everything works out of the box! (17 votes [39.53%])

Percentage of vote: 39.53%

2. Almost, I had to fix some things first... (18 votes [41.86%])

Percentage of vote: 41.86%

3. No, nothing worked at all. (8 votes [18.60%])

Percentage of vote: 18.60%

Did the dual-boot solution work for you?

1. Yes! Windows and Mac OS are now dual-booted. (14 votes [32.56%])

Percentage of vote: 32.56%

2. No, I had some errors along the way (9 votes [20.93%])

Percentage of vote: 20.93%

3. Who wants Windows? (20 votes [46.51%])

Percentage of vote: 46.51%

Vote Guests cannot vote

absl

absl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
PookyMacMan, could you please help me? I've posted my machine and the problems that i´m having within the installation.

Thanks!

http://www.insanelym...howtopic=273980

DH1Studios

DH1Studios

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I have an HP Pavilion DV6 2009ax and I want to install Snow Leopard 10.6.6 on it, I have read on several forums that using a Hazard Distro 10.6.6i would work on an Athlon or Phenom system, but there is nothing about my AMD Turion.

These are the specs that I copied from CPU-Z:

CPU Arch : 1 CPU - 2 Cores - 2 Threads
CPU PSN : AMD Turion II Dual-Core Mobile M500
CPU EXT : MMX(+), 3DNow!(+), SSE (1, 2, 3, 4A), x86-64, AMD-V
CPUID : F.6.2 / Extended : 10.6
CPU Cache : L1 : 2 x 64 / 2 x 64 KB - L2 : 2 x 512 KB
Core : Caspian (45 nm) / Stepping : DA-C2
Freq : 2194.48 MHz (199.5 * 11)
MB Brand : Hewlett-Packard
MB Model : 3636
NB : AMD 785G rev 00
SB : AMD SB700 rev 00
GPU Type : ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4500/5100 Series
DirectX Version : 11.0
RAM : 4096 MB DDR2 Dual Channel
RAM Speed : 399 MHz (1:2) @ 6-6-6-18
Slot 1 : 2048MB (6400)
Slot 1 Manufacturer : Hyundai Electronics
Slot 2 : 2048MB (6400)
Slot 2 Manufacturer : Hyundai Electronics
Posted Image
[img][img]http://valid.canardpc.com/cache/banner/2182196.png[/img][/img]

Can Someone please help me, or direct me to the right website or forum, I am a newbie to the Hackintosh World.

PaddyBhoy

PaddyBhoy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Sorry PookyMacMan if you've replied to this post already, but i'm not sure if i'm able to get it to run on my HP DC7900

http://www.insanelym...ic=269839&st=40 I can't run the system app at the beginning of your tut because I only have one HDD unformatted in the machine and no Windows install disk

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
absl, have you tried pressing any key to continue? That prompt is normal

DH1Studios, I would not recommend any distro. I would recommend this retail installation; the nawcom CD is designed especially with AMDs in mind.

PaddyBhoy, don't worry about Unknown Devices. We can probably check your devices in Linux later. If this the same machine you mentioned before, I will test the DSDT extraction within a few days.

PaddyBhoy

PaddyBhoy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

PaddyBhoy, don't worry about Unknown Devices. We can probably check your devices in Linux later. If this the same machine you mentioned before, I will test the DSDT extraction within a few days.

yes the same PC, not sure if this also helps but if i try to boot without mach_kernel i get a nanosecond error

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
  • Interests:Computer science, engineering, trumpet performance, and a host of others. :D
Most likely that means the installation disc is too new for the kernel on the ModCD.

PaddyBhoy

PaddyBhoy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Most likely that means the installation disc is too new for the kernel on the ModCD.

installation disk is the 10.6.0 retail

Btw thanks for the help

I did try your method on a friends GX755 and it breezed on without any issues.

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
Glad to hear that. :thumbsup_anim:

What I'm thinking about doing is possibly compiling a list of what people using this method did to patch their hardware. All you folks let me know what you think. :)

For your panic, can you take a picture?

DH1Studios

DH1Studios

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
What is a

nawcom CD and where can I get it/ and how do i use it? What retail version should i get>?

absl

absl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
PookyMacMan, when i press any key the system reboot. :(

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
DH1Studios, the nawcom CD is what I have linked in my original post.

absl, what DVD are you using? What kernel are you using? What are your computer specs?

Sorry for all the questions, but they are very important, :)

thejakeman

thejakeman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts
  • Interests:The unknown
I'm running a Dell XPS L701x with an i5, nVidia 435m, 4 gigs ram, two HDDs (one of them is completely blank, I'll be using that one 100% for this installation); however, when I try to boot past the nawcom disc it instantly panics. I've tried to start threads about this in the past, but moderators would link me to an XPS thread started way back in 2010 that was no help at all and then they'd delete my post before any help was provided.
But I digress.
I have attached an image of the kernel panic that I have been receiving, as I have no idea how to read it. Hopefully I can learn my way around hackintosh and be one of the primary devs someday, as I'm totally up for the job.

If you need any more information about my system I'll be monitoring this thread like a hawk.

Thanks

Attached Files

absl

absl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
M5A78L LE
FX 4100
GB RAM DDR 3
Geforce GTX 550 TI

I´ve tried to install SL Harzard and retail 10.6.3, without success. I´ve used nawcom and another, that i dont remember. What boot cd do you suggest? Is it better to use a pen drive to boot, so i can use other kernels, kexts?

Thanks!

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
thejakeman, have you tried typing "mach_kernel" (without the quotes) before pressing enter?

absl, I suggest the OSx86 ModCD, which is an updated nawcom ModCD. I have it linked on my original post.

You can actually run a DVD installation off of a kernel on a flash drive. I would keep a pen drive to load any additional kernels/DSDT patches if we need to. Have you tried the OSx86 ModCD?

Lowcash

Lowcash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Hey PookyMacMan, love this bootloader. I am having an issue, but I am not sure what would cause it. Once I figured out how to run the loader right, everything runs smoothly until I get this message. Any suggestions would be great...... Thanks

Posted Image

absl

absl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
PookyMacMan, it's the version that i am using. :(

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
absl, what is your processor? If it's Intel, I would try the iBoot CD next. Honestly, I'm not quite sure what is the matter, as I have never had the restart problem consistently. I'll research on it.

Lowcash, your problem may be with your DVD drive. A good way to test is if you have a Windows CD to see if Windows actually works. In my system, I have two DVD drives, one that has always worked and one that has consistently given me the same error you are getting. However, Windows 7 also fails on that drive that OS X fails on. If you can, see if you can test your drive with a windows disc.

If you have a desktop, Newegg sells wonderful DVD drives starting at $15.99. If you have a laptop, you can get an external DVD drive from Newegg starting at $24.99, or you can get one from Other World Computing (very reliable) from $52.99.

Lowcash

Lowcash

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Pookymacman, you hit the nail on the head. it was my drive, and here I have been banging my head for 4days trying to get this to work. on the other hand everything loaded great, but it keeps telling me to reboot the PC now. What am I missing???

DH1Studios

DH1Studios

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
@PookyMacMan I can't see any link for a nawcom cd, do I want the mod cd or the boot cd? I found downloads on other sites, Is there any possible way I can use the Hazard 10.6.6i DVD that I downloaded, or do I need to buy a retail copy of 10.6.8?

PookyMacMan

PookyMacMan

InsanelyMac Legend

• Moderators
  • 1,459 posts
Most likely this is a kernel extension conflict. Do this: when you see the "Press any key to enter startup options" prompt appear, press a key and type -v. Once it panics, take a picture.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy