How to run 10.6 guest in 10.7 host on VMware Fusion 4?

3 posts in this topic

Hello, new member here!

I've done some searching, but I've not yet quite found the guide/info I am after.

GOAL: I'd like to run a mac mini (with Lion preinstalled), purchase VMWare Fusion 4, and install a 10.6 client VM (purchased from Apple).

Is this possible? (with a simple way to bypass the VMware/Apple EULA restriction for server version only).

I am NOT very computer savvy, but can learn what's what as needed!

Cheers! Matt

Hello, new member here!

I've done some searching, but I've not yet quite found the guide/info I am after.

GOAL: I'd like to run a mac mini (with Lion preinstalled), purchase VMWare Fusion 4, and install a 10.6 client VM (purchased from Apple).

Is this possible? (with a simple way to bypass the VMware/Apple EULA restriction for server version only).

I am NOT very computer savvy, but can learn what's what as needed!

Cheers! Matt

Matt,

In a word yes, use Zenith432's latest Unlocker which resolves the server issue in Fusion 4, and you will be able to install the client version of OS X 10.6 "Snow", have a look at the following topic for all the relevant links:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1750634

Matt,

In a word yes, use Zenith432's latest Unlocker which resolves the server issue in Fusion 4, and you will be able to install the client version of OS X 10.6 "Snow", have a look at the following topic for all the relevant links:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1750634

Thanks MSoK. Can I please confirm that it is possible with this tool to do: (in this order?)

Buy Mac mini with Lion preinstalled.

Install VMware Fusion 4 (download it, etc).

Apply patch from Zenith.

Purchase SL client DVD and create VM somehow (do I follow the normal VMWare instructions as if installing SLserver? - I've not ever fried to run/make a VM before.).

Is that the correct workflow?

Will it "just work"?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a new MM, but would like to know that the Rosetta apps I need will still run.

Finally: hats off to you chaps for this ongoing effort.

Matt