iAtkos L1 help

datsyuk

4 posts in this topic

Yesterday I gave iAtkos L1 a shot hoping to get everything running okay. I haven't had much luck with my setup so far I gave up after a while but when I saw that L1 was out I figured I had to just try it.

Installation was a breeze and went fine, only problem with me is I had to run the boot command npci=0x2000 because I was receiving a PCI Configuration Begin error where it would get it stuck, the command made everything go through like normal though.

My specs are:

GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 mobo

Intel i5 2500K

Nvidia Geforce 460GTX

1TB Seagate HDD

Before the install I checked off what I thought was necessary, that being: Chameleon 2.0, Graphics Enabler, Fake SMC, Disabler, RTC, EvOreboot, SATA/IDE, ALC889, Realtek RTL81xx.

Both ALC889 and RTL81xx are the drivers for my motherboard and network and audio and even though I checked them when I booted Lion up, nothing on either one of them. Also the screen resolution was low and not taking up the whole screen, so I'm assuming the Graphics Enabler did not work either.

I tried to open [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and other files off of a CD I had burned from before and I was getting errors opening every single thing I tried (code 5 error or something... can't remember).

Also, I want to dual-boot Windows 7 and OSX which I had installed before I tried Lion. When I created a partition in disk utility I made it from 1 to 2 and used the 2nd for OSX but I guess it wiped it the first one as well because I had to re-install Windows and wiped all my files. Is there a way to make sure when I'm messing around trying to get OSX running to not delete Windows? Do I need to create a partition in Windows, then format in disk utility? And if all goes bad just delete the MAC partition?

Help please!

iAtkos L worked perfect for me. I do have different motherboard, you just have to keep trying it. I don't feel comfortable using the same drive for both windows and osx. I would recommend using two different drives. When installing osx just unhook the windows drive so there is no opps'.

iAtkos L worked perfect for me. I do have different motherboard, you just have to keep trying it. I don't feel comfortable using the same drive for both windows and osx. I would recommend using two different drives. When installing osx just unhook the windows drive so there is no opps'.

Would really love to do that but I only have one drive currently so for now it would be ideal for it work on just the one.