Lenovo B570

macinsane

302 posts in this topic

Can you boot without GraphicsEnabler? Maybe that makes any difference.

Do you see any difference if you plug in VGA before and after you boot?

Have you activated dual display in your bios (could be something like "both" in display setting)?

Without GraphicsEnabler there is not difference....

In the bios there are two setting auto-detect or internal LCD, if i'm setting auto-detect and plug in VGA before boot, the screen external is ok(the lcd internal is black) but in the OS the max resolution is 1368X768, the external monitor is 22" 1680X1050....if plug in VGA after boot don't work external monitor...

Thank you!

Without GraphicsEnabler there is not difference....

In the bios there are two setting auto-detect or internal LCD, if i'm setting auto-detect and plug in VGA before boot, the screen external is ok(the lcd internal is black) but in the OS the max resolution is 1368X768, the external monitor is 22" 1680X1050....if plug in VGA after boot don't work external monitor...

Thank you!

Try Fn+F3 or/and Fn+F4 and see what happens... found it here: http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/conten..._g575_ug_en.pdf

But I fear you have to edit your dsdt somehow, but that is beyond my knowledge. Once I had an acer notebook, same problem. You could only "auto-detect", so the notebook disabled internal lcd as soon as I plugged in VGA cable.

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce your problem with my Lenovo because I don't have a second monitor anymore.

Do you have tried HDMI?

I followed exactly the same procedure, can boot into safe mode (with -x) only. Gets gray screen while booting into normal mode. Tried single user mode (with -s), got some errors:

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphics ...
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC ...

Any idea?

Try Fn+F3 or/and Fn+F4 and see what happens... found it here: http://www.lenovo.com/shop/americas/conten..._g575_ug_en.pdf

But I fear you have to edit your dsdt somehow, but that is beyond my knowledge. Once I had an acer notebook, same problem. You could only "auto-detect", so the notebook disabled internal lcd as soon as I plugged in VGA cable.

I'm sorry, but I cannot reproduce your problem with my Lenovo because I don't have a second monitor anymore.

Do you have tried HDMI?

Hi macinsane, I have tried HDMI and It work fine, the problem is the VGA but very soonI will buy a new Monitor LED :)

Thank again!

• Like 1

I followed exactly the same procedure, can boot into safe mode (with -x) only. Gets gray screen while booting into normal mode. Tried single user mode (with -s), got some errors:

Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AppleIntelHDGraphics ...
Can't load kext com.apple.driver.AudioAUUC ...

Any idea?

You do have a Macbook Pro 8,1 smbios.plist in your Extra folder? Without that the HD kexts are not going to load, no matter if you have GraphicsEnabler enabled or not.

Do you have GraphicsEnabler activated? You have to switch it to "No" until you update to a newer version of Chameleon than the one that comes with iAtkos (for example r1618).

If you have an up-to-date version than change GraphicsEnabler to "Yes" in your org.chameleon.boot.plist in your Extra folder. Some say you can use newest Chimera too, but I cannot verify that.

Where did the DSDT go mate? I thought I've seen your updated version attached to your initial post. However, this one only provides the kexts.

I am collecting all required files to try a Lion installation myself (as soon as my B570 has arrived).

I'd appreciate if you could share it again.

Many thanks.

edit: It's included in the zip isn't it?

Where did the DSDT go mate? I thought I've seen your updated version attached to your initial post. However, this one only provides the kexts.

I am collecting all required files to try a Lion installation myself (as soon as my B570 has arrived).

I'd appreciate if you could share it again.

Many thanks.

edit: It's included in the zip isn't it?

Yes, it is :D

The whole Extra folder is packed in the zip, so that you have the correct smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist too.

I felt that I had to remove the original zip, because so many were downloading it not recognizing the updates I did. The original attachment had incorrect AppleHDA and dsdt I only left it there because of SleepEnabler for 10.7 and 10.7.1. But I think most people will update (or have already updated) to 10.7.2 – so no need for it anymore. If someone wants to stick to GM or 10.7.1 (I cannot imagine any reason for that) you can easily get old versions from sources like OSx86.net.

Just tried to install Lion to my brandnew B570.

It came with Windows 7 on an MBR partitioned drive with NTFS partitions.

Currently I am struggling as I don't manage to change one of the partitions to the Mac Journaled filesystem to install Lion to.

If I change partitioning to GUID I could only boot my Lion install using Chameleon on my install usb fob. Guess I am too stupid or too tired. I am fully booked tomorrow but I'll give it another try Saturday night. If you could tell me what I am doing wrong in the meantime this would be great. :-)

First, My thanks to macinsane for his guide and kexts. They made my Lion installation process a breeze.

My laptop specs were similar to macinsane's, except the wireless card was a Broadcom BCM4313.

I partitioned the hard drive into two, with MBR - I installed Win 7 on one partition and then installed Lion on the other.

I started off trying an install with Iatkos L1 on USB flash drive following macinsane's post, but for some reason, it would always fail during installation at the 3 minutes remaining mark.

So, I tried a retail install of 10.7.0 (MBR patched) following myHack's guide (http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/) using the Extra folder provided by macinsane.

This worked and completed the install, but would not boot normally into the install.

I was able to boot into the install using a '-x' flag. Downloaded the kexts and sys definition onto the machine using ethernet and installed them.

Also installed the dsdt and other kexts provided by macinsane. I was then able to boot normally into the install without any flags.

At this point, only my wireless card was not working (its not supported by Lion/Mac OS).

I tried swapping the wireless card with one from a Dell laptop (BCM 4312) which worked only after I installed a non-whitelist Bios on the laptop.

I was able to upgrade to 10.7.2 with software update and re-installed the kexts as sugested by macinsane.

I also installed Chameleon 2.1-r1650, but was unable to sign up for icloud.

Installed chameleon wizard and changed the serial number to a random one (careful not to change the system definition) and got icloud working.

Now I have a 'fully' functioning Lenovo B570 with Win7/Lion dual boot!

Just tried to install Lion to my brandnew B570.

It came with Windows 7 on an MBR partitioned drive with NTFS partitions.

Currently I am struggling as I don't manage to change one of the partitions to the Mac Journaled filesystem to install Lion to.

If I change partitioning to GUID I could only boot my Lion install using Chameleon on my install usb fob. Guess I am too stupid or too tired. I am fully booked tomorrow but I'll give it another try Saturday night. If you could tell me what I am doing wrong in the meantime this would be great. :-)

I tried to dual boot Windows 7 and OSX with GPT once. Chameleon wasn't able to boot the right partition with the Windows boot loader on it. I've read somewhere that I it possible somehow, but I don't remember...

I have a separate hard drive with Windows on it plugged into the esata port, so I could run it for fun once in a while. But I don't really need Windows and I'm happy with Fusion and Wine.

I would recommend to reformat your HD with two partitions (using MBR not GUID) like vijay24 did. If you have a retail copy of Windows (not the OEM s**t that usually comes with PC's) you should then have no problem with dual booting OSX and Windows.

First, My thanks to macinsane for his guide and kexts. They made my Lion installation process a breeze.

My laptop specs were similar to macinsane's, except the wireless card was a Broadcom BCM4313.

I partitioned the hard drive into two, with MBR - I installed Win 7 on one partition and then installed Lion on the other.

I started off trying an install with Iatkos L1 on USB flash drive following macinsane's post, but for some reason, it would always fail during installation at the 3 minutes remaining mark.

So, I tried a retail install of 10.7.0 (MBR patched) following myHack's guide (http://myhack.sojugarden.com/guide/) using the Extra folder provided by macinsane.

This worked and completed the install, but would not boot normally into the install.

I was able to boot into the install using a '-x' flag. Downloaded the kexts and sys definition onto the machine using ethernet and installed them.

Also installed the dsdt and other kexts provided by macinsane. I was then able to boot normally into the install without any flags.

At this point, only my wireless card was not working (its not supported by Lion/Mac OS).

I tried swapping the wireless card with one from a Dell laptop (BCM 4312) which worked only after I installed a non-whitelist Bios on the laptop.

I was able to upgrade to 10.7.2 with software update and re-installed the kexts as sugested by macinsane.

I also installed Chameleon 2.1-r1650, but was unable to sign up for icloud.

Installed chameleon wizard and changed the serial number to a random one (careful not to change the system definition) and got icloud working.

Now I have a 'fully' functioning Lenovo B570 with Win7/Lion dual boot!

Nice ;)

First of all, Thanks to macinsane for the Lenovo b570 install guide and everybody else for providing feedback.

I have successfully installed Lion (10.7.1) via iATKOS _L1/chameleon 2.1 (usb stick) following the first few steps of macinsane's guide. I was able to copy over the smbios.plist via Terminal and got a nice first boot (success!?). Tested cd player, keypad, keyboard, apple/option buttons, and other basic functions work. Asked macinsane about his wifi kext and restarted... then Kernal Panic (Fail). My skills are not up to a lot of the other members so I took a picture to see if you guys might be able to diagnose the problem and point me in the right direction.

photo3.jpg

I'm already thinking of reinstalling 10.7.2 so not it's not a big deal to start over from scratch- just need to know what steps I'm missing to get a reliable/consistent boot (most important thing for me at the moment).

Thanks again in advance for the assistance and apologies in advance for being a newb (I can follow directions really well tho :( )

ROCKAVELI

First of all, Thanks to macinsane for the Lenovo b570 install guide and everybody else for providing feedback.

I have successfully installed Lion (10.7.1) via iATKOS _L1/chameleon 2.1 (usb stick) following the first few steps of macinsane's guide. I was able to copy over the smbios.plist via Terminal and got a nice first boot (success!?). Tested cd player, keypad, keyboard, apple/option buttons, and other basic functions work. Asked macinsane about his wifi kext and restarted... then Kernal Panic (Fail). My skills are not up to a lot of the other members so I took a picture to see if you guys might be able to diagnose the problem and point me in the right direction.

photo3.jpg

I'm already thinking of reinstalling 10.7.2 so not it's not a big deal to start over from scratch- just need to know what steps I'm missing to get a reliable/consistent boot (most important thing for me at the moment).

Thanks again in advance for the assistance and apologies in advance for being a newb (I can follow directions really well tho :rolleyes: )

ROCKAVELI

Have you installed NullCPUPowermangement.kext or the modified kexts from my second attachment (and repaired permissions with KextUtility/KextWizard)? Have you installed SleepEnabler? If so type on boot "pmVersion=0", delete SleepEnabler, repair permissions and reboot.

If that doesn't help can you reboot in verbose (-v) mode and take another picture?

Another suggestion: If you have installed AnyCardReader.kext then remove it. It's useless and can cause KP's.

• Like 1

Have you installed NullCPUPowermangement.kext or the modified kexts from my second attachment (and repaired permissions with KextUtility/KextWizard)? Have you installed SleepEnabler? If so type on boot "pmVersion=0", delete SleepEnabler, repair permissions and reboot.

If that doesn't help can you reboot in verbose (-v) mode and take another picture?

Another suggestion: If you have installed AnyCardReader.kext then remove it. It's useless and can cause KP's.

Thanks for your quick response and apologize in advance for my cluelessness...

in iATKOS I made sure to select FakeSMC and power management. I did run KextUtility on the initial (successful) bootup, but did not install any kexts -NullCPU nor any kexts from modified 2nd attachment(via KextUtility or otherwise). Did not install SleepEnabler or AnyCardReader.kext.

In any case, what is the proper method to actually install kexts and when in order (Step 11?)?

I'm assuming the easiest way to install the (modified) kexts is with KextUtility and in that case, I will need to reinstall (start at Step 1- see below) so I can run KextUtility directly on the Lenovo. Is this correct?

Please correct me if any of my assumptions are wrong- Basically, I have to use that first successful bootup to install all the proper kexts (with KextUtility?) in order to prevent future kernal panics (and other problems)...And the only/best/easiest way to do that (at this point) is to reinstall (aka start fresh with running my iATKOS/chameleon boot drive). <Seems like a lot, but what do I know (Answer: Not alot)>

<I will attempt to start in -v (Verbose mode) and see where I'm at there.>

Here are my (original) notes simplified/modified from your guide.

1)Format and partition USB drive as Mac OSX/Master Boot Record. Label it iATKOS_L1.

2)Restore iATKOS disk image to USB drive with DiskUtility or Carbon Copy Cloner.

3) Copy smbios.plist (provided in MacInsane's kext folder) to Extras folder on iATKOS drive.

3a) Copy over other kexts (provided in Macto /Extras. Replace (Is step 3 neccessary?)

4) Install Chameleon on iATKOS_L1 USB drive.

5) Start Lenovo. F12 to select boot from USB drive. Wait for iATKOS to start.

6)Troubleshoot/work backwards if iATKOS does not start.

7) Formt & Partition OS hard drive (Mac OSX/MBR) and install iATKOS.

7a) Make sure to select Graphics Enabler (2.1), AHCI Sata, RealtekRTL81xx, PS/2, FakeSMC, powermangement/NullCPU, and other essential items. (Does this step actually install essential kexts or do I still have to install on first Boot?)

8) Restart. Stuck at grey Apple screen - most likely smbio.plist (needed to boot properly)

9) Boot from iATKOS USB drive, run terminal, and copy over smbios.plist (MacBook Pro8,1).

10) Restart. OS X Lion boots nicely. Keyboard, trackpad, webcam, and other essentials work properly. Trackpad a bit jitteryly/not smooth. No wifi/Airport.

11) At this point, I'm a little lost - do I need to install kexts now? Run KextUtility + repair permissions?

11a) Restarted without proper install of kexts, results in Kernal Panic. Start back at 1)? Thinking there's got to be an easier way. Attempt to stay patient with n00bish self...

12) Return to InsanelyMac forum.

R0CKAVELI

PS- My hope is through the assistance of MacInsane and other members, we can create a more comprehensive guide for Lenovo B570 hackintoshers.

Thanks for your quick response and apologize in advance for my cluelessness...

in iATKOS I made sure to select FakeSMC and power management. I did run KextUtility on the initial (successful) bootup, but did not install any kexts -NullCPU nor any kexts from modified 2nd attachment(via KextUtility or otherwise). Did not install SleepEnabler or AnyCardReader.kext.

In any case, what is the proper method to actually install kexts and when in order (Step 11?)?

I'm assuming the easiest way to install the (modified) kexts is with KextUtility and in that case, I will need to reinstall (start at Step 1- see below) so I can run KextUtility directly on the Lenovo. Is this correct?

Please correct me if any of my assumptions are wrong- Basically, I have to use that first successful bootup to install all the proper kexts (with KextUtility?) in order to prevent future kernal panics (and other problems)...And the only/best/easiest way to do that (at this point) is to reinstall (aka start fresh with running my iATKOS/chameleon boot drive). <Seems like a lot, but what do I know (Answer: Not alot)>

<I will attempt to start in -v (Verbose mode) and see where I'm at there.>

Here are my (original) notes simplified/modified from your guide.

1)Format and partition USB drive as Mac OSX/Master Boot Record. Label it iATKOS_L1.

2)Restore iATKOS disk image to USB drive with DiskUtility or Carbon Copy Cloner.

3) Copy smbios.plist (provided in MacInsane's kext folder) to Extras folder on iATKOS drive.

3a) Copy over other kexts (provided in Macto /Extras. Replace (Is step 3 neccessary?)

4) Install Chameleon on iATKOS_L1 USB drive.

5) Start Lenovo. F12 to select boot from USB drive. Wait for iATKOS to start.

6)Troubleshoot/work backwards if iATKOS does not start.

7) Install iATKOS.

7a) Make sure to select Graphics Enabler (2.1), AHCI Sata, RealtekRTL81xx, PS/2, FakeSMC, powermangement/NullCPU, and other essential items. (Does this step actually install essential kexts or do I still have to install on first Boot?)

8) Restart. Stuck at grey Apple screen - most likely smbio.plist (needed to boot properly)

9) Boot from iATKOS USB drive, run terminal, and copy over smbios.plist (MacBook Pro8,1).

10) Restart. OS X Lion boots nicely. Keyboard, trackpad, webcam, and other essentials work properly. Trackpad a bit jitteryly/not smooth. No wifi/Airport.

11) At this point, I'm a little lost - do I need to install kexts now? Run KextUtility + repair permissions?

11a) Restarted without proper install of kexts, results in Kernal Panic. Start back at 1)? Thinking there's got to be an easier way. Attempt to stay patient with n00bish self...

12) Return to InsanelyMac forum.

R0CKAVELI

PS- My hope is through the assistance of MacInsane and other members, we can create a more comprehensive guide for Lenovo B570 hackintoshers.

7a ...select GraphicsEnabler...NO! I wrote in my guide that you have to disable GraphicsEnabler ("GraphicsEnabler=No" in org.chamelon.boot.plist) because the outdated version that comes with iAtkos can't handle the HD3000 correctly in the Lenovo. When you have your lion up and running then you update Chameleon to 1650 or newer and then you can (and should) enable GraphicsEnabler in org.chameleon.boot.plist.

10. Install ALL the kexts in my first attachment (all BUT SleepEnabler!) to S/L/E with the help of KextWizard. Update to 10.7.2. Install AppleHDA and IO80211 kexts again. Then remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from S/L/E and install modified power management kexts from my second attachment (again with Kext Wizard). You must repair permissions of the whole S/L/E folder then and rebuild the kextcache (can do that with KextWizard too). –– Finish (hopefully :() –– And in the future if you update to 10.7.3 you must install NullCPU -before- you update. After update (and reboot) reinstall Audio, Wifi, PowerManagement and remove NullCPU.

Incredibly helpful. Thanks again.

S/L/E = Systems/Library/Extra

7a ...select GraphicsEnabler...NO! I wrote in my guide that you have to disable GraphicsEnabler ("GraphicsEnabler=No" in org.chamelon.boot.plist) because the outdated version that comes with iAtkos can't handle the HD3000 correctly in the Lenovo. When you have your lion up and running then you update Chameleon to 1650 or newer and then you can (and should) enable GraphicsEnabler in org.chameleon.boot.plist.

10. Install ALL the kexts in my first attachment (all BUT SleepEnabler!) to S/L/E with the help of KextWizard. Update to 10.7.2. Install AppleHDA and IO80211 kexts again. Then remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from S/L/E and install modified power management kexts from my second attachment (again with Kext Wizard). You must repair permissions of the whole S/L/E folder then and rebuild the kextcache (can do that with KextWizard too). –– Finish (hopefully :( ) –– And in the future if you update to 10.7.3 you must install NullCPU -before- you update. After update (and reboot) reinstall Audio, Wifi, PowerManagement and remove NullCPU.

@MacInsane

I've updated my Chameleon to 2.1 r1686 and am going to start from scratch.

Can GraphicsEnabler=Yes or Should I still proceed without selecting GraphicsEnabler and fixing (as per your detailed instructions) when Lion boots up?

Rockaveli

@MacInsane

I've updated my Chameleon to 2.1 r1686 and am going to start from scratch.

Can GraphicsEnabler=Yes or Should I still proceed without selecting GraphicsEnabler and fixing (as per your detailed instructions) when Lion boots up?

Rockaveli

If you are going to start again, why do you have updated your boot loader now? :(

Update your boot loader after you have finished your install. iAtkos will install the older boot loader (because it is part of the distro) no matter what you do. If you have done everything else (including 10.7.2 update) install your new Chameleon and put GraphicsEnabler=Yes in your org.chameleon.plist.

Best regards and good luck

Ok. Update.

First ignore the last two posts. I wasn't reading...

So, booted without a problem.(Not sure- no KP) Then followed your instructions.

Updated to 10.7.2 and followed kext installs and Repair permissions/Rebuild cache.

So far so good.

Still trying to wrap my brain around Sleep and wifi issues. My model B570 1068 appears to have a Gigabit LAN card and I don't know if there's a fix(kext?) for this or if I might have to go the route another user suggested - swapping LAN/wireless cards with another laptop's compatible card.

We shall see.

ROCKAVELI

If you are going to start again, why do you have updated your boot loader now? ;)

Update your boot loader after you have finished your install. iAtkos will install the older boot loader (because it is part of the distro) no matter what you do. If you have done everything else (including 10.7.2 update) install your new Chameleon and put GraphicsEnabler=Yes in your org.chameleon.plist.

Best regards and good luck

Ok. Update.

First ignore the last two posts. I wasn't reading...

So, booted without a problem.(Not sure- no KP) Then followed your instructions.

Updated to 10.7.2 and followed kext installs and Repair permissions/Rebuild cache.

So far so good.

Still trying to wrap my brain around Sleep and wifi issues. My model B570 1068 appears to have a Gigabit LAN card and I don't know if there's a fix(kext?) for this or if I might have to go the route another user suggested - swapping LAN/wireless cards with another laptop's compatible card.

We shall see.

ROCKAVELI

Strange, sleep should work if you use the dsdt I attached.

My lan and wifi kexts should work for you too if you have Realtek 8111 LAN and an Atheros 9285 wifi card. Maybe you have a different model, in this case you have to look for matching kexts around the net.

I'm sure you can make it ;)

Strange, sleep should work if you use the dsdt I attached.

My lan and wifi kexts should work for you too if you have Realtek 8111 LAN and an Atheros 9285 wifi card. Maybe you have a different model, in this case you have to look for matching kexts around the net.

I'm sure you can make it :)

Thanks for your encouraging remarks sir, but I have found out that the stock wifi card is an Intel Centrino N1000 which does not to be supported at all*. Best bet appears to be getting a Broadcom or Atheros card or a USB wifi card.

Bummer right..? Besides that the Lenovo has been incredibly stable since 10.7.2

Below is an ebay link to an Atheros AR9285(same as your model of Lenovo) that I will be most likely purchasing ...right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Atheros-AR5B95...=item335bba2379

Just wanted to pass some knowledge that I gained while using this guide. (THANK YOU VERY MUCH BTW)

1) Not all Lenovo B570 have the same Wireless card as OP. I have the Broadcomm 14e4, which is notorious for still not working with osx86. If your wireless isn't working, you might want to check your Device ID in Windows and do a google search on it.

2) To "add" the DSDT.aml file you need to copy the provided DSDT.aml file to "/" or "/Extra" and also modify the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutorials/10747-guide-chameleon-bootloader-basics.html - look up the DSDT modifcation part)

3) If you encounter an "DSMOS has arrived" error. You need to rebuild the SLE cache by doing:

kextcache -v 1 -m /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

kextcache -v 1 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

But anyways, I just wanted to say thanks to OP. I was able to get this running in under 2 days and currently updating to 10.7.2. One thing that I'm having issues with is the random artifacts that appear. Sometimes it can get pretty bad and requires a reboot. Any suggestions on solving this? I have the 0x0116 version of the HD3000.

Just wanted to pass some knowledge that I gained while using this guide. (THANK YOU VERY MUCH BTW)

1) Not all Lenovo B570 have the same Wireless card as OP. I have the Broadcomm 14e4, which is notorious for still not working with osx86. If your wireless isn't working, you might want to check your Device ID in Windows and do a google search on it.

2) To "add" the DSDT.aml file you need to copy the provided DSDT.aml file to "/" or "/Extra" and also modify the org.chameleon.Boot.plist (http://www.osx86.net/guides-tutorials/10747-guide-chameleon-bootloader-basics.html - look up the DSDT modifcation part)

3) If you encounter an "DSMOS has arrived" error. You need to rebuild the SLE cache by doing:

kextcache -v 1 -m /System/Library/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

kextcache -v 1 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext /System/Library/Extensions/

But anyways, I just wanted to say thanks to OP. I was able to get this running in under 2 days and currently updating to 10.7.2. One thing that I'm having issues with is the random artifacts that appear. Sometimes it can get pretty bad and requires a reboot. Any suggestions on solving this? I have the 0x0116 version of the HD3000.

To solve the graphic problems update Chameleon to 1650 or newer and after that add "GraphicsEnabler=Yes" to org.chameleon.boot.plist.

Update. I was able to run some programs and backup/cloan my old hard drive with good stability. It wasn't until I decided to reboot that I encountered another Kernel panic...

I don't know how to diagnose these. I followed previously mentioned steps from MacInsane regarding an earlier Kernel Panic. I attempted to boot in verbose (-v) mode (holding command+v on restart) as well as entering "pm=Version0" ... no avail (maybe I'm doing this wrong- is there a guide for N00bs like myself to learn how to diagnose fix this?).

And of course I deleted my USB drive with iATKOS on it...(which I could've used to atleast get into a working OSX, correct?) FML

If this is too much for you guys or if you know somewhere else where I can teach myself a little better.

Thanks for your encouraging remarks sir, but I have found out that the stock wifi card is an Intel Centrino N1000 which does not to be supported at all*. Best bet appears to be getting a Broadcom or Atheros card or a USB wifi card.

Bummer right..? Besides that the Lenovo has been incredibly stable since 10.7.2

Below is an ebay link to an Atheros AR9285(same as your model of Lenovo) that I will be most likely purchasing ...right now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Atheros-AR5B95...=item335bba2379

Another update. Reattempted verbose mode successfully and got a nice picture of the detailed kernal panic. Here goes. Most obviously this to me is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment... so... is this the cause of the kernel panic and if so how do i go about fixing this?

Thanks a billion again.

ROCKAVELI

photo4.jpg

Update. I was able to run some programs and backup/cloan my old hard drive with good stability. It wasn't until I decided to reboot that I encountered another Kernel panic...

I don't know how to diagnose these. I followed previously mentioned steps from MacInsane regarding an earlier Kernel Panic. I attempted to boot in verbose (-v) mode (holding command+v on restart) as well as entering "pm=Version0" ... no avail (maybe I'm doing this wrong- is there a guide for N00bs like myself to learn how to diagnose fix this?).

And of course I deleted my USB drive with iATKOS on it...(which I could've used to atleast get into a working OSX, correct?) FML

If this is too much for you guys or if you know somewhere else where I can teach myself a little better.

The command is "-pmVersion=0". That could help if you have SleepEnabler.kext installed and you didn't delete it before updating to 10.7.2. Is this the case?

Unfortunately if this panic is caused by missing NullCPUPowerManagement.kext (if you haven't installed the PowerManagement patch like I suggested) then you need some kind of working boot drive and copy it over to your install (in S/L/E).

If you have patched the PowerManagement and you didn't have put my DSDT.aml in /Extra that could be the cause of the panic too. Again, you need a working install to copy it over.

You can use Windows to copy the necessary files if you install the program "Macdrive" which gives you access to Mac Partitions. But this program is commercial.