- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Ed

Ed

Old skool Mac user

• Administrators
  • 807 posts
Possibly the most hotly anticipated iPhone announcement ever, 16 months since the announcement of the iPhone 4 in 2010, Apple has finally announced its successor: the iPhone 4S.

To the surprise of many, no re-designed or visually improved iPhone 5 materialised, and instead the iPhone 4 has been updated and improved with:
  • A5 processor (same as in the iPad 2)
  • 8 megapixel camera
  • GSM & CDMA in one unit
  • Voice recognition through Siri

Arguably Apple is now trailing it's Android counterparts, and potentially won't be releasing another phone for a year now, giving Apple's competitors plenty of time to steal some ground from the market leader. Features currently enjoyed by Android users include:
  • Larger screens
  • NFC (for contactless payments)
  • Thinner handsets
  • microSD expansion
  • Dolby Mobile virtual surround sound

The iPhone 4S will be available to pre-order from this Friday, October 7th, and will be available in black or white and at capacities of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. The iPhone 4 will remain in the line-up but at an 8GB capacity. The iPhone 3GS will also be available as a budget option, offered free with a contract.

What do you think of Apple's iPhone 4S? Will you be upgrading or migrating to Android?

Click here to view the article

meltman

meltman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I was really excited about the "leaked" iphone 5 tapered design. I was going to buy one. I wont be buying this though.

EddieR

EddieR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
Disappointing, where once they lead, now they officially trail, what purpose is there to upgrade to 4GS when one has 4G ??
I too will pass on this one, and wait for next years model....

121fred

121fred

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
Sadly a stopgap effort, not interested in a another glass back and front brick. Apple needs to watch it's back there are some other manufacturers notably Samsung making some very nicely designed kit. Still want a new iPhone to replace the 3GS just not this one, time to lift your game Apple

MetalMatrix

MetalMatrix

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I'm still using an iPhone 3G (got to love 3 year contracts). If I can find a well priced used iPhone 4, I'll stay with Apple. Otherwise Android is my new headset. Android has come a long way and their phones look pretty nice.

I guess Apple no longer innovates and pushes the border on technology. Even the MacBook Air isn't this thinnest anymore.

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

TH3L4UGH1NGM4N

(~_~)

• News Team
  • 1,156 posts
  • Interests:(~_^)
The real disappointment for me was that the shares went down 5% today for people like me that are actual share holders.

:o

vbetts

vbetts

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts
I'm on Sprint now using an HTC Evo and my upgrade is coming soon, I was looking forward to an Iphone with a screen bigger than 3.5"! This for sure just confirmed that I'm going with the Epic Touch 4g.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy