2 replies to this topic

riclx79

riclx79

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
hello all!

i ve been wanting to install mac os (any version) on my hp mini 1000, but of course i would have to do it by usb...

but i ve been searching, and pretty much all tutorials tell that the usb have to be created from a mac/hackintosh... wich i dont have...

is there any way to create this usb from windows?

or can i download it from somewhere?

thanks in advance

riclx79

riclx79

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

hello all!

i ve been wanting to install mac os (any version) on my hp mini 1000, but of course i would have to do it by usb...

but i ve been searching, and pretty much all tutorials tell that the usb have to be created from a mac/hackintosh... wich i dont have...

is there any way to create this usb from windows?

or can i download it from somewhere?

thanks in advance

anyone???????

yellowviolent

yellowviolent

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
I was able to create a bootable USB thumb drive from Windows by using VMWare to run a virtual machine running OS X. Once you have the OS X VM running, you should be able to get it to recognize your USB disk and proceed to use Disk Utility within OS X. You may have to go through the VMWare menus to disconnect your USB disk from the host machine to the virtual machine. It's some menu item like "power-on devices" or something similar. Be aware that this may take quite a while, between 45 min to over an hour is normal. You should be able to find a VMWare compatible OS X distro by searching the regular sites you would use to find OS distros.

Alternatively, you can also burn an osx86 DVD install distro (these are Windows-friendly burnable images like .iso and .img) and boot the netbook from a USB DVD drive. This was the method I used to first install OS X. Make sure you burn the DVD at the slowest speed your burner supports. Burning at a higher speed may increase the likelihood of a non-viable install DVD.

Once you have OS X up and running, I strongly recommend you make an OS X install USB through Disk Utility using the method described in tutorials.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy