• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

jazzyguy

jazzyguy

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 188 posts
In SMBIOS you also need a serial number with the facetime fix. At least for facetime, I'd assume its the same with iCloud.

But, I can't seem to install the GM. I had at one point in time installed one of the betas I think, but it was a while ago.

Does anyone know why I would have trouble installing it? I simply start the process, it says preparing Mac OS X Update and then says install failed. I have also tried an older update.

Is there something I am missing or need to do? I am trying the combo update, not using the revisioner off of 10.7.1.

Would it matter that that partiton isn't the active one?

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.

In SMBIOS you also need a serial number with the facetime fix. At least for facetime, I'd assume its the same with iCloud.

But, I can't seem to install the GM. I had at one point in time installed one of the betas I think, but it was a while ago.

Does anyone know why I would have trouble installing it? I simply start the process, it says preparing Mac OS X Update and then says install failed. I have also tried an older update.

Is there something I am missing or need to do? I am trying the combo update, not using the revisioner off of 10.7.1.

Would it matter that that partiton isn't the active one?

he solved it.. :(

tle88

tle88

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
LittleSnitch should be 2.4.3

T

-.-

HFW

HFW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

The problem is present only on some hardware, need just to find the hardware who have the problem

Ah never mind, I'm wrong (no surprise there :)). After having a few problems with iCloud, I logged out and logged back in, same problem as everyone else here... no idea why it worked the first time :(

I've compiled a boot file from the latest Chameleon trunk that contains the Facetime/iCloud fix from Chameleon R1496, no other changes. Attached below if anyone's interested.

Attached File  boot.zip   128.8KB   460 downloads (NOT to be used on a RAID system, obviously)
Edit: Read this for more info on RAID issue: http://forge.voodoop...eon/issues/169/

allenwkk

allenwkk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
updated to 10.7.2 GM (11C73) No issue.. iCloud works fine

Need to patch the appleHDA.kext
Need to redo the TRIM enabler as I have a FLASH drive.

No change to the patch for CMOS reset for sleep...
No change to the patch for reopening windows after restart...

mamadou

mamadou

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
Many thanks HFW...I tried your boot and iCloud works fine with Chameleon-2.1svn-r1618 under OS X Lion 10.7.2 GM 11C73.

Attached Files

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.

LittleSnitch should be 2.4.3

T

-.-

2.4.2 works, no problem.

sg

sg

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Ah never mind, I'm wrong (no surprise there :D). After having a few problems with iCloud, I logged out and logged back in, same problem as everyone else here... no idea why it worked the first time :(

I've compiled a boot file from the latest Chameleon trunk that contains the Facetime/iCloud fix from Chameleon R1496, no other changes. Attached below if anyone's interested.

Attached File  boot.zip   128.8KB   460 downloads (NOT to be used on a RAID system, obviously)

what's the issue with RAID exactly, is it only if you're booting from a RAID or if you have a RAID in your system for backups/storage?

Valmar

Valmar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Ah never mind, I'm wrong (no surprise there :(). After having a few problems with iCloud, I logged out and logged back in, same problem as everyone else here... no idea why it worked the first time :(

Thank you. Worked for me :D

biird

biird

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
I've tried HFW's boot file with 1618...no dice for Facetime/iCloud even after Network Ethernet reset stuff. I'm on an Atom processor, so I'm assuming it's a kernel issue at this point for me. :(

gameace99

gameace99

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
How would one install the new boot file to get iCloud working? Its been a year since I last did some serious mackintosh work and I forgot almost everything.

HFW

HFW

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

what's the issue with RAID exactly, is it only if you're booting from a RAID or if you have a RAID in your system for backups/storage?

AFAIK it's only an issue if you're booting from an Apple Software RAID.

Edit: see this issue on Chameleon SVN: http://forge.voodoop...eon/issues/169/

I've tried HFW's boot file with 1618...no dice for Facetime/iCloud even after Network Ethernet reset stuff. I'm on an Atom processor, so I'm assuming it's a kernel issue at this point for me. :)

Ethernet built in?

How would one install the new boot file to get iCloud working? Its been a year since I last did some serious mackintosh work and I forgot almost everything.

copy the boot file to the root of your OSX drive/EFI partition (depends where you installed Chameleon).

biird

biird

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Ethernet built in?

Yep :) I'm able to DL from AppStore after the Ethernet order reset, but still no Facetime/iCloud with the order fix, boot file, and Chameleon edit.

Muddy Mudskipper

Muddy Mudskipper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Edit: Read this for more info on RAID issue: http://forge.voodoop...eon/issues/169/

Thanks for the file, works great.

Derty

Derty

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 3,165 posts
stupid question.

it is possible that as I have not other device apple, not conection??

messege

This device may not be used to open a free iCloud account... only iphone4.. etc..

Attached Files

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

stupid question.

it is possible that as I have not other device apple, not conection??

messege

This device may not be used to open a free iCloud account... only iphone4.. etc..

iCloud should be IOS 5 supporting feature. No IOS No iCloud.

DarwinX

DarwinX

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

iCloud should be IOS 5 supporting feature. No IOS No iCloud.

You are incorrect, the iCloud is not exclusive to the iOS 5 mobile device users as it is also available to the users of the Mac OS X 10.7.2 :(

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
This is what I get when attempting to sign in. App Store works and every aspect of 10.7.2 functions normally.
What now?

Attached Files

smilenkovski

smilenkovski

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

You are incorrect, the iCloud is not exclusive to the iOS 5 mobile device users as it is also available to the users of the Mac OS X 10.7.2 :)

Of course it's incorrect, it's a joke. The very existence of this thread is impossible if it's true.

Derty

Derty

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 3,165 posts
good this work for me.

http://www.insanelym...p...t&p=1760215

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy