OS X Lion 10.7.2 11C71--- 11C73 GM

Derty

120 posts in this topic

OK, so we can think it's not the DSDT.

I will try with a other NIC on PCI and disable the internal to check.

My card is a 8101 E pci-e onboard the laptop.

Here is my networking configuration and the kext I have used ( from original realtek software, SnowLeo but works in Lion ), it is a plugin for IONEtworkingFamily.kext

Realtek Software for OSX homepage ( OS: "other" ) -> realtek drivers

post-156995-1317978895_thumb.png

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.zip

btw : you can now use Lions ichat with icloud's me.com alias. ;)

My card is a 8101 E pci-e onboard the laptop.

Here is my networking configuration and the kext I have used ( from original realtek software, SnowLeo but works in Lion ), it is a plugin for IONEtworkingFamily.kext

Realtek Software for OSX homepage ( OS: "other" ) -> realtek drivers

post-156995-1317978895_thumb.png

AppleRTL8169Ethernet.kext.zip

btw : you can now use Lions ichat with icloud's me.com alias. ;)

Not better, I have use your kext (it is the official Realtek driver v2.0.6) and that don't work so the problem is not the NIC driver.

post-21733-1317982292_thumb.png

It is perhaps a bug with this NIC model, mine is RTL 8111C, I will try an old HP NC7170 (the chipset is intel 8254x, normally that work OOB)

Not better, I have use your kext (it is the official Realtek driver v2.0.6) and that don't work so the problem is not the NIC driver.

post-21733-1317982292_thumb.png

It is perhaps a bug with this NIC model, mine is RTL 8111C, I will try an old HP NC7170 (the chipset is intel 8254x, normally that work OOB)

I have try with a PCI NIC HP NC7170 (chipset intel 82546EB) and not better, same error.

It is a very strange problem.

Here is my "iCloud" working boot.plist ( chameleon 2.1 with FaceTime fix incorporated ) org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

Here is my "iCloud working" SMBIOS, might be useful to inspect the "validness" of your entries. The serial is completely faked of course, like I said "Lizard.app" can help here .

smbios.plist.zip

Thank you smartie77. This is the trick. Get Chameleon 2.1 with FaceTime fix or other bootloader that enables FaceTime and you will have iCloud

Issue 188 create for chameleon project. To be continued ..... :)

Thank you smartie77. This is the trick. Get Chameleon 2.1 with FaceTime fix or other bootloader that enables FaceTime and you will have iCloud

I agree, that come from the boot loader but I have normally the FaceTime fix in my version 1598, i will try a downgrade to version 1494

Chameleon upgraded to 1613, not better.

Update SMBios.plist, not better. I think my SMBios.plist is ok

smbios.plist.zip

Hi Kangaroos!

I have similar MB ep45 ds3l and no problem working with chimera. I've posted a report at voodoo labs on Chameleon ICloud issue and no answer yet. I'll try to pm blackosx to find out is there awareness on the problem.

Anybody using Find my Mac in iCloud while recovery partition required?

Hi Kangaroos!

I have similar MB ep45 ds3l and no problem working with chimera. I've posted a report at voodoo labs on Chameleon ICloud issue and no answer yet. I'll try to pm blackosx to find out is there awareness on the problem.

Anybody using Find my Mac in iCloud while recovery partition required?

i have upgrade recovery partition on macbook pro (real mac) and work fine.

do you use DSDT ? Mine is tuned for C-states and power management

Very good news, rev 1494 work. I will check what revision is buggy now

Hi.

I have recovery partition on Mac mini too. My hacks are different story because of the specific installation (I was using My hack) and there is no recovery partition at all. I'm trying to find a way to make a proper one

I'm using cartri bios on one so no dsdt and one with dsdt but I don't think is related to dsdt.

Using Back to My Mac is fun. It was possible before through MobileMe but now with Lion 10.7.2. and iCloud is awesome.

Saso

Yep, Chameleon 1493 did Factime fix (by some OLEG) . But that fix, adding boot_uuid entry in efi made major problem to RAID users and was removed therefor later (with Rev 1497).

So there is no bug with 1497..., only the facetime (iCLoud) feature (added 1493) was removed with 1497.

I think they will get it working by more complex cde or by adding an option fix_facetime_iCloud for non RAID users if it is impossible to get the universal fix (non RAID/RAID) working (non RAID/RAID).

I dl Rev 1496 and now iCloud is working (no other changes (smbios,....) made).

Should also usable for others, NON RAID !!! and with older gpu-Types already supported in the past (graphicsenabled support added some newer ATI / Nvidia since 1496).

fake_efi.c
static const char const BOOT_UUID_PROP[] = "boot-uuid";
//Facetime fix start
   Node              *ChoosenNode;
   if (gBootVolume->fs_getuuid && gBootVolume->fs_getuuid (gBootVolume, uuidStr) == 0)
   {

ChoosenNode = DT__FindNode("/chosen", false);
       DT__AddProperty(ChoosenNode,  BOOT_UUID_PROP, 64, uuidStr);
   }
   //Facetime fix end

You can download that older revivions here:

http://builds.voodooprojects.org/builds/Xcode4.1/

Yep, Chameleon 1493 did Factime fix (by some OLEG) . But that fix, adding boot_uuid entry in efi made major problem to RAID users and was removed therefor later (with Rev 1497).

So there is no bug with 1497..., only the facetime (iCLoud) feature (added 1493) was removed with 1497.

I think they will get it working by more complex cde or by adding an option fix_facetime_iCloud for non RAID users if it is impossible to get the universal fix (non RAID/RAID) working (non RAID/RAID).

I dl Rev 1496 and now iCloud is working (no other changes (smbios,....) made).

Should also usable for others, NON RAID !!! and with older gpu-Types already supported in the past (graphicsenabled support added some newer ATI / Nvidia since 1496).

fake_efi.c
static const char const BOOT_UUID_PROP[] = "boot-uuid";
//Facetime fix start
   Node              *ChoosenNode;
   if (gBootVolume->fs_getuuid && gBootVolume->fs_getuuid (gBootVolume, uuidStr) == 0)
   {

ChoosenNode = DT__FindNode("/chosen", false);
       DT__AddProperty(ChoosenNode,  BOOT_UUID_PROP, 64, uuidStr);
   }
   //Facetime fix end

You can download that older revivions here:

http://builds.voodooprojects.org/builds/Xcode4.1/

OK, at this time RAID users can't have FaceTime and iCloud and if no-RAID users need modification of last chameleon build they can't have iCloud.

i'm not developer but is it possible to add FaceTime fix in last revision without create problem for RAID user or there is no way ?

To add that facetime fix again without harm RAID users , the chameleon team must do some work and perhaps ist not easy possible to do that fast. Maybe they can more easy add an facetime feature key (=Yes) with that old patch code which could used by non raid users.

Normally its no problem to use older Chameleon 1496 (1493 - 1496 have facetime / icloud fix) - only some users with very new gpus may get problems.

So we have limited it down to be a boot loader UUID passing to OSX issue. FaceTime = iCloud = need same chameleon. In my guide ( and in this thread here ) is linked the "boot" file which had FT fixed the very first time. The very same loader is then the official cure for iCloud . I never tried a higher version, because it just works on my machine. ( for users of my ATI 4650 solution : you can use that chameleon, shrike patched "boot" is not needed with my ATY_init solution any longer ).

Glad to hear it is that easy. However the Ethernet (en0) still needs to appear as internal in OSX, at least I needed it for AppStore+icloud. Because the correct boot loader was installed before that, so it needs both, boot loader and en0 internal. Surely.

btw, only to verify what others wrote concerning pm settings : I too have C-States and P-States, native power management ( no Nullcpu ), sleep works without Enablers - on resume no scrambled screen or sound issues. To made that possible I had to edit my USB ports in DSDT from ICH9 to ICH10 and all to internal, then it worked instantly. That is also the reason I use the MBP5,1 smbios - because it is core2duo mobility and this works for my power needs . I had to tinker heavily with it, because normally I would need SMBIOS of iMac10.1 or 11.1 for my ATI's clock and fan.. I circumvented it by renaming iMac11.1 values inside AppleGraphicsPowermanagement.kext simply to MBP5.1 .. so it is a frankenstein "Macbook". CPU from MBP, and GPU from iMac. But, as you see - this trick works.

my friend use Chameleon and it's ok :)

Yep maybe, but what is his used version?!

I can confirm that only Chameleon 1493 - 1496 does work with iCloud. All newer or older NOT.

Also Chimera is known to get iCloud working.

But even some get iCloud not working: Its only very interesting if you use iDevices (from Apple) or iApps like Pages & Co.

Andriod phones ( i have) or other Apps cant use iCloud without supporting them by special Code / new App versions.

Also If you use iCLoud you cant use google as sync (Kalendar + Adressbook) beside iCLoud - ony one of them.

Yep maybe, but what is his used version?!

I can confirm that only Chameleon 1493 - 1496 does work with iCloud. All newer or older NOT.

Also Chimera is known to get iCloud working.

But even some get iCloud not working: Its only very interesting if you use iDevices (from Apple) or iApps like Pages & Co.

Andriod phones ( i have) or other Apps cant use iCloud without supporting them by special Code / new App versions.

Also If you use iCLoud you cant use google as sync (Kalendar + Adressbook) beside iCLoud - ony one of them.

All version from 14xx to now 16xx all working with iCloud, the problem with iCloud i think 'cause SMBios.plst ;)

All version from 14xx to now 16xx all working with iCloud, the problem with iCloud i think 'cause SMBios.plst :wacko:

No, we have confirm the problem with FaceTime fix.

If i use a version of chameleon lower than 1493 or higher 1496 iCloud don't work and the only think i change is the boot loader, the problem don't come from smbios.plist, it come only from boot loader without FaceTime fix.

i dont use Chameelon but PCEFI 10.6 Lion+Snow.pkg and iCloud workd fine too ! :censored2:

yes because your version have FaceTime fix like chimera.