OS X Lion 10.7.2 11C71--- 11C73 GM

Derty

120 posts in this topic

here is a thought which just now flushes to my brain :

I use googles free dns servers in all my network devices ( cause they do not block sites and are fast )

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as primary and secondary DNS, in each connection's advanced settings.

look them up, they are google servers, no scam , no phishing . Like "openDNS".

here is a thought which just now flushes to my brain :

I use googles free dns servers in all my network devices ( cause they do not block sites and are fast )

8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 as primary and secondary DNS, in each connection's advanced settings.

look them up, they are google servers, no scam , no phishing . Like "openDNS".

Smart but don't work.

Which throw some light on the problem.

Smart but don't work.

Which throw some light on the problem.

then I really don't know. On the other hand here it is working, and I gave you here my smbios, my boot.plist - so ..

the only thing is left might be DSDT edits. ( i have ethernet in dsdt, but alone that did not help, I needed the en0/en1 thing before it worked - for both Appstore and iCloud ), I swear the login issues were fixed by doing just that steps.

I am sorry to hear that this is not a universal solution.

On the other hand, might the iPod have to do with it ? I've set icloud up from there the night before I installed 10.7.2.

At the very least --if there are some strange limitations on Apples side -- then they need to have it fixed on October 12 to open it for everybody. If it then still not works on OSx86hackintosh, there is a big problem then on our side.

then I really don't know. On the other hand here it is working, and I gave you here my smbios, my boot.plist - so ..

the only thing is left might be DSDT edits. ( i have ethernet in dsdt, but alone that did not help, I needed the en0/en1 thing before it worked - for both Appstore and iCloud ), I swear the login issues were fixed by doing just that steps.

On the other hand, might the iPod have to do with it ? I've set icloud up from there the night before I installed 10.7.2.

At the very least --if there are some strange limitations on Apples side -- then they need to have it fixed on October 12 to open it for everybody. If it then still not works on OSx86hackintosh, there is a big problem then on our side.

Hey smartie. Thank you for tour help

I think that the solution on a our side is to check realtek controller issues. I'm using Gigabyte motherboards on several hacks at home. And also I have enabled on iCloud on my iPhone 4 and iPad 2 first. My Mac mini on the same home network has no issues.

No problems here. I signed up for icloud using my hackbook. I am using RevoBoot, not chameleon. Using MacBookPro 6,2 for smbios, generated serial with Champlist. My ethernet was always en0 and seen as built in, no special steps taken. Also i use opendns. Here is my dsdt and ioreg.

Archive.zip

thank you for you're help.

Effectively like a lot of people i have a realtek controller on my gigabyte motherboard, the problem perhaps from the controller.

I will try to make work the ethernet controller with native drivers from apple and without the Lnx2Mac Realtek RTL81xx drivers.

It is a chameleon issue. After installing chimera boot loader from here (login required) iCloud login works.

I'll report to voodoo lab.

THANKS!!!

So we can wait and must not try&error with config ether/wifi - at least if App Store already works and only IClound not.

It is a chameleon issue. After installing chimera boot loader from here (login required) iCloud login works.

Very good news, can't use chimera 1.5.4 because based of Chameleon 2.0 and only 2.1 (minimum build 1494) work on my system with Lion.

Somebody can confirm ?

Very good news, can't use chimera 1.5.4 because based of Chameleon 2.0 and only 2.1 (minimum build 1494) work on my system with Lion.

Somebody can confirm ?

Yep. Just upgraded my TonyMac to Chimera 1.54 and iCloud is now fully working!

Really? I was able to sign up for iCloud no problem, Chameleon 2.1 R1579.

Generated my own serial number based on a blog post I found. (Link, if it helps)

Really? I was able to sign up for iCloud no problem, Chameleon 2.1 R1579.

Generated my own serial number based on a blog post I found. (Link, if it helps)

The problem is present only on some hardware, need just to find the hardware who have the problem

I also think that some hardware may work even with chameleon and some not (even all other things works).

Maybe some time later the iCloud gets patched to avoid that problem or some things may added in DSDT to avoid that problem.

In the past most things get fixed by DSDT (beside same dsdt adds by chameleon itself).

hey guy, im having an issue with all the 10.7.2 releases. I get the dreaded "waiting for root device" message...

im running a gb-p55a-udr3 with tonymacs DSDT, SSD on the ICH AHCI controller, only using FakeSMC.kext and both Lion 10.7.1 and snow leopard work without any dramas...

not sure what has changed in 10.7.2 that's stopping it from booting...

hey guy, im having an issue with all the 10.7.2 releases. I get the dreaded "waiting for root device" message...

im running a gb-p55a-udr3 with tonymacs DSDT, SSD on the ICH AHCI controller, only using FakeSMC.kext and both Lion 10.7.1 and snow leopard work without any dramas...

not sure what has changed in 10.7.2 that's stopping it from booting...

hummmmm, perhaps a bug with the new kernel and your DSDT.

Try with NullCPU PowerManagement and without DSDT only for confirm it is the DSDT the problem

cool i'll give those a shot. will it even boot without the dsdt? from memory, i've attempted booting the machine without a dsdt in the past and it always panic'd but will give it a go.

here is the -v output if it helps:

imageaykk.th.jpg

image2ix.th.jpg

The first tune done in the DSDT is to affect IRQ to HPET et RTC, with that the Power Management don't crash the kernel. You can remove you're DSDT but you need the NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to disable the power management.