• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

XanthraX

XanthraX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Just upgrade on GM build 10.7.2 and iCloud still beta :-< ! so maybe Final version includes iCloud Final

iCloud will be a free download to iPhone, iPad or iPod touch users running iOS 5 or a Mac running OS X Lion (version 10.7.2) with a valid Apple ID.

i think valid Apple ID that's your problem

I have a valid Apple ID, I can buy applications from MAS or items from iTunes.

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.

I have a valid Apple ID, I can buy applications from MAS or items from iTunes.

I have iOS5Gm on my ipod and use icloud from there, no word of it being beta and it works,icloud email works, login to icloud.com also. it has already synced the complete ipod backup last night to apple.

Now install Lion 10.7.2 gm and see how it looks from there.

Derty

Derty

InsanelyMacaholic

• Donators
  • 3,170 posts
i have apple ID and return error too.

maybe is not active, because is not in line real update...

Attached Files

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Maybe now they limited the user can use iCloud at least right now

curlyboy

curlyboy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
No probe here everything works a treat and i don't have an idevice i can log onto iCloud and app store no trouble

XanthraX

XanthraX

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts
It works on my MacBook Pro and I don't have iDevices. Definitely, it is related with the serial number wrote on the smbios.plist. As I said, we will need a guru here. Hope not another dsdt attack.

tokra128

tokra128

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
well, for me also ICloud is not working...

kelobb

kelobb

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
After installing (11C73) update I lost possibility to work with dual graphics card (currently dual NV Quadro - with little help from ATY_init from Kexts.com database, no efi strings or graphic injection in DSDT). After update only one card was recognised - I reverted to previous beta kexts (earlier 11CXX) and everything returned to proper state.
Be warned, but probably only few people use such this configuration.

Not yet tried Icloud,

Regards

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:Apple Software, iOS , OSX86, Creativity and a lot of non-tech stuff.
Ok, so all my machines are set up now to use it.

The Ethernet port must be en0 and internal to work. ( same for AppStore , if you can download apps, you can use iCloud ) So if a wifi is active, this has to be en1 instead of en0 , I had to delete all network devices and re-add them with Ethernet being the first. Also chameleon "built-in" hack

iCloud in iOS5 GM and 11C73 together plus the web component completely work :

example , sync a pages document via iCloud :(

Attached File  sanitized.png   926.46KB   124 downloads
Attached File  Foto_2.PNG   771.19KB   74 downloads

both Mac OS and iPod show same options :

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_10_05_um_20.09.49.png   1.24MB   87 downloads

Attached File  IMG_0007.PNG   154.69KB   30 downloads
Attached File  Foto_3.PNG   132.17KB   30 downloads
Attached File  Bildschirmfoto_2011_10_05_um_20.10.20.png   1.25MB   47 downloads

email notification that "find my iPhone" works ( sent a sound/message to the iPod via iCloud.com ) :

Attached File  findmy.png   197.7KB   45 downloads

Edited by smartie77, 05 October 2011 - 09:40 PM.

MTWomg

MTWomg

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
The Lion Recovery Update, unsurprisingly, does not work on Chameleon based hacks.

mitch_de

mitch_de

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 2,884 posts

Ok, so all my machines are set up now to use it.

The Ethernet port must be en0 and internal to work. ( same for AppStore , if you can download apps, you can use iCloud ) So if a wifi is active, this has to be en1 instead of en0 , I had to delete all network devices and re-add them with Ethernet being the first. Also chameleon "built-in" hack

Thanks
I have an USB WLAN Stick which is listed as :

802.11n WLAN Adapter:

Typ: Ethernet
Hardware: Ethernet
BSD-Gerätename: en1
LAN
en0

LAN Ethernet is not active (no LAN cable) in my system.

So Ethernet is needed even if not used for iCloud?!
I can buy / dl in App Store with my Apple ID.
If i use that Apple ID in iCloud pre pane to login i get:
This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.
If i try to get an new Apple ID (in Icloud pref pane) i get that error which says i need to do that with iPhone or iPod.
So it must be an difference between Apple ID which is used / working with App Store and some "special" iCloud ID used / made by iCloud?!

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Thanks
I have an USB WLAN Stick which is listed as :

802.11n WLAN Adapter:

Typ: Ethernet
Hardware: Ethernet
BSD-Gerätename: en1
LAN
en0

LAN Ethernet is not active (no LAN cable) in my system.

So Ethernet is needed even if not used for iCloud?!
I can buy / dl in App Store with my Apple ID.
If i use that Apple ID in iCloud pre pane to login i get:
This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.
If i try to get an new Apple ID (in Icloud pref pane) i get that error which says i need to do that with iPhone or iPod.
So it must be an difference between Apple ID which is used / working with App Store and some "special" iCloud ID used / made by iCloud?!

Yes, Ethernet is needed ( obviously depending on the SMBIOS.plist -- think : the MB Airs do not have Ethernet .. ) , mine is also not active, but at least it is present as a physical device. Internet is done here with a Ralink USB dongle, completely out of Apples own solutions.

I use one and the same Apple-ID everywhere, at iTunes, on the iPod , in MacAppStore and for iCloud.

I use SMBIOS of MBP5,1 , for my core2duo laptop the best bet. - I edited the plist via Lizard.app so that the infos like SMSerial etc make sense. I think a "valid" SMBIOS is also part of the trick, but Ethernet port being shown in system profiler as to be the FIRST device ( BSD name = en0 ) seems to be critical

I have gotten the same message of the Apple ID being valid, but not suitable for iCloud , until I reconfigured the devices in networking.

To re-shuffle the en0/en1 do this :

- delete all network devices in networking.prefpane.
- locate /Library/preferences/Systemconfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and delete that.

unplug /disable the wifi

- use the networking prefpane to add a interface, choose the Ethernet here.
- because we do not use it, just set it to not use DHCP but "manual", fill in static fake IP addresses and DNS servers, this makes it show the connection as active.

choose the chameleon hack of built-in ethernet too ( just to make sure ) , sometimes adding PCIROOTUID=0 will also help ( try ) I also did the EFI string , as a second "just to make sure " .. ( in Snow I could not shop at AppStore without ).

REBOOT ( with still no wifi )

Now system profiler should show Ethernet as en0.

. Now you can add the wifi .. it will then be en1.

After that procedure I could login //Setup iCloud. So iCloud logins definitely has to do with Ethernet-UUID while MacAppStore uses UUID of SMBIOS plus Wifi if no Ethernet is there ? .. something like this pattern here is the culprit in logins.

Here is my "iCloud" working boot.plist ( chameleon 2.1 with FaceTime fix incorporated ) Attached File  org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip   747bytes   305 downloads

Here is my "iCloud working" SMBIOS, might be useful to inspect the "validness" of your entries. The serial is completely faked of course, like I said "Lizard.app" can help here .
Attached File  smbios.plist.zip   831bytes   285 downloads

The Lion Recovery Update, unsurprisingly, does not work on Chameleon based hacks.

Yeas.

Thats also why "find my Mac" via iCloud does not work on Hacks .

It says "a recovery partition is needed". But this does not affect the other features, it is just one item in the many features, it is not needed for the rest. "Find my iPhone" works. And on the map under "my devices" is the picture of a MacBookPro with the computer name of my L500 and of a iPod with its name. So Apple really sees my Toshiba as a "valid" "real" MacBook .. If only they knew ( I am sure they know due to the crash reports and diagnosis info of course , but the iCloud system simply relies on the SMBIOS data ).

"Remote Mac" however is offered in the prefpane . But it must be configured in the Router, NAT translation - I am not sure that I want a Apple Backdoor in my hardware firewall, so I did not turn that on .

hiphopboy

hiphopboy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts
Anybody knows can i used 10.7.2 GM to upgrade on 10.7.2 Final release ?

Flashe

Flashe

Flashy ~ Flasheu

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Yes, Ethernet is needed ( obviously depending on the SMBIOS.plist -- think : the MB Airs do not have Ethernet .. ) , mine is also not active, but at least it is present as a physical device. Internet is done here with a Ralink USB dongle, completely out of Apples own solutions.

I use one and the same Apple-ID everywhere, at iTunes, on the iPod , in MacAppStore and for iCloud.

I use SMBIOS of MBP5,1 , for my core2duo laptop the best bet. - I edited the plist via Lizard.app so that the infos like SMSerial etc make sense. I think a "valid" SMBIOS is also part of the trick, but Ethernet port being shown in system profiler as to be the FIRST device ( BSD name = en0 ) seems to be critical

I have gotten the same message of the Apple ID being valid, but not suitable for iCloud , until I reconfigured the devices in networking.

To re-shuffle the en0/en1 do this :

- delete all network devices in networking.prefpane.
- locate /Library/preferences/Systemconfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and delete that.

unplug /disable the wifi

- use the networking prefpane to add a interface, choose the Ethernet here.
- because we do not use it, just set it to not use DHCP but "manual", fill in static fake IP addresses and DNS servers, this makes it show the connection as active.

choose the chameleon hack of built-in ethernet too ( just to make sure ) , sometimes adding PCIROOTUID=0 will also help ( try ) I also did the EFI string , as a second "just to make sure " .. ( in Snow I could not shop at AppStore without ).

REBOOT ( with still no wifi )

Now system profiler should show Ethernet as en0.

. Now you can add the wifi .. it will then be en1.

After that procedure I could login //Setup iCloud. So iCloud logins definitely has to do with Ethernet-UUID while MacAppStore uses UUID of SMBIOS plus Wifi if no Ethernet is there ? .. something like this pattern here is the culprit in logins.

Here is my "iCloud" working boot.plist ( chameleon 2.1 with FaceTime fix incorporated ) Attached File  org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip   747bytes   305 downloads

Here is my "iCloud working" SMBIOS, might be useful to inspect the "validness" of your entries. The serial is completely faked of course, like I said "Lizard.app" can help here .
Attached File  smbios.plist.zip   831bytes   285 downloads

Yeas.

Thats also why "find my Mac" via iCloud does not work on Hacks .

It says "a recovery partition is needed". But this does not affect the other features, it is just one item in the many features, it is not needed for the rest. "Find my iPhone" works. And on the map under "my devices" is the picture of a MacBookPro with the computer name of my L500 and of a iPod with its name. So Apple really sees my Toshiba as a "valid" "real" MacBook .. If only they knew ( I am sure they know due to the crash reports and diagnosis info of course , but the iCloud system simply relies on the SMBIOS data ).

"Remote Mac" however is offered in the prefpane . But it must be configured in the Router, NAT translation - I am not sure that I want a Apple Backdoor in my hardware firewall, so I did not turn that on .

Hi smartie77,
Even with the Ethernet port 0 don't work this method :) .

Posted Image

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Hi smartie77,
Even with the Ethernet port 0 don't work this method :thumbsup_anim: .

Posted Image

strange.

Then it is related to "incorrect" SMBIOS entries . What else ? .. UUID of Mainboard components ? Apple seems to lookup if it is a "real" Mac ? ..

This reminds me of the FaceTime never working, until chameleon 2.1 incorporated the fix. Can you all with none-working- iCloud try if a newer chameleon will work ..

mine is in my signatures Lion guide, the FaceTime boot file linked over there I use currently.

Kangaroos

Kangaroos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Hi smartie77,
Even with the Ethernet port 0 don't work this method :thumbsup_anim: .

Posted Image

Same problem, i have no wifi, only ethernet. My ethernet is en0, so i'm good. I have the option build in ethernet in org.chameleon.boot.plist and my time machine and app store work (without building ethernet time machine don't work).

I have the option PciRoot=1 (i have a gigabyte motherboard so i need it for graphic card working).

I have no EFI string because every device work.

My SMBIOS have a date, bios version, board product, family, manufacture, product name and serial generated by champlist, normally this SMBIOS is OK because i can do retail install of Lion (without this smbios it say me my mac is not ok).

So i don't know what to do and i have always the message : This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.

Notice this account is my MobileMe migrated account, this work on my iPhone (IOS 5) and on my macbook pro (real apple). I have use the same version of the upgrade package to Lion 10.7.2 GM (11C73)

Somebody have solution ?

smartie77

smartie77

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Anybody knows can i used 10.7.2 GM to upgrade on 10.7.2 Final release ?

10.7.2 GM is that what will be "final" on October 12. The next thing after GM is only 10.7.3, which will take some months surely.

GM = GOLD MASTER = what is shipping to everybody ( traditionally : "What will be pressed on disk", golden masters were originally sound records, the master tape, to press vinyl records from that "golden piece".., hence the term "a golden record" .. in a time long long ago )

Same problem, i have no wifi, only ethernet. My ethernet is en0, so i'm good. I have the option build in ethernet in org.chameleon.boot.plist and my time machine and app store work (without building ethernet time machine don't work).

I have the option PciRoot=1 (i have a gigabyte motherboard so i need it for graphic card working).

I have no EFI string because every device work.

My SMBIOS have a date, bios version, board product, family, manufacture, product name and serial generated by champlist, normally this SMBIOS is OK because i can do retail install of Lion (without this smbios it say me my mac is not ok).

So i don't know what to do and i have always the message : This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.

Notice this account is my MobileMe migrated account, this work on my iPhone (IOS 5) and on my macbook pro (real apple). I have use the same version of the upgrade package to Lion 10.7.2 GM (11C73)

Somebody have solution ?

give this boot loader a try, this is the one i use -- replace "boot" in / (unhide files to see ) uuid facetimefixed lion chameleon 2.1

and this is my Fakesmc ( in /S/L/E instead of in /E/E ) , might also help ? : Attached File  FakeSMC.kext.zip   30.88KB   44 downloads

and then I have to say I use a fully edited DSDT, wherein Ethernet is also referred to be "built in". This might be your only way if all else fail.

Sorry, I thought it would be as simple as en0/en1 ..

Edited by smartie77, 06 October 2011 - 11:42 AM.

Kangaroos

Kangaroos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

10.7.2 GM is that what will be "final" on October 12. The next thing after GM is only 10.7.3, which will take some months surely.

GM = GOLD MASTER = what is shipping to everybody ( traditionally : "What will be pressed on disk", golden masters were originally sound records, the master tape, to press vinyl records from that "golden piece".., hence the term "a golden record" .. in a time long long ago )

give this boot loader a try, this is the one i use -- replace "boot" in / (unhide files to see ) uuid facetimefixed lion chameleon 2.1

and this is my Fakesmc ( in /S/L/E instead of in /E/E ) , might also help ? : Attached File  FakeSMC.kext.zip   30.88KB   44 downloads

and then I have to say I use a fully edited DSDT, wherein Ethernet is also referred to be "built in". This might be your only way if all else fail.

Sorry, I thought it would be as simple as en0/en1 ..

Thank you for your help, i use DSDT fully tuned for ethernet and C-states, etc so normally my DSDT is ok. I use chameleon 1518 and the last fakesmc (3.1.0 rev 495).

I have no webcam so i can't try FaceTime. i will try with the serial of my macbook but not sure that work because my hack is know as macpro

At this time that don't work, please find below my configuration :
- Chameleon 2.1 rev 1598
- FakeSMC 3.1 rev 495

I don't know where we can see if the ethernet is really build-in.

I use drivers package RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg for my NIC since Lion because it don't work without that. Do you think the problem can be here ?

Please find below screenshoot of my configuration

Attached File  Capture_d_____cran_2011_10_06____14.07.08.png   53.02KB   38 downloads

Attached File  Capture_d_____cran_2011_10_06____14.07.19.png   26.41KB   26 downloads

Attached File  Capture_d_____cran_2011_10_06____14.07.33.png   21.95KB   10 downloads

Attached File  Capture_d_____cran_2011_10_06____14.07.57.png   36.91KB   24 downloads

Attached File  Capture_d_____cran_2011_10_06____14.08.14.png   37.64KB   14 downloads

The FaceTime fix is integrated in chameleon since rev1493 so normally i have it with my version 1598. Problem don't come from that.

curlyboy

curlyboy

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 872 posts
I know before i can use app store i must have ethernet built in option selected on boot up from chameleon otherwise no app store iCloud works also

Kangaroos

Kangaroos

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts
I have try with your SMBios but that crash and it's normal because MacOS can't use the C-States of a MacPro5,1 on my core2quad.

Anybody have serial and informations of a real mac pro 3,1 ?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy