OS X Lion 10.7.2 11C71--- 11C73 GM

Derty

120 posts in this topic

After installing (11C73) update I lost possibility to work with dual graphics card (currently dual NV Quadro - with little help from ATY_init from Kexts.com database, no efi strings or graphic injection in DSDT). After update only one card was recognised - I reverted to previous beta kexts (earlier 11CXX) and everything returned to proper state.

Be warned, but probably only few people use such this configuration.

Not yet tried Icloud,

Regards

Ok, so all my machines are set up now to use it.

The Ethernet port must be en0 and internal to work. ( same for AppStore , if you can download apps, you can use iCloud ) So if a wifi is active, this has to be en1 instead of en0 , I had to delete all network devices and re-add them with Ethernet being the first. Also chameleon "built-in" hack

iCloud in iOS5 GM and 11C73 together plus the web component completely work :

example , sync a pages document via iCloud :(

post-156995-1317847556_thumb.png

post-156995-1317846777_thumb.png

both Mac OS and iPod show same options :

post-156995-1317846955_thumb.png

post-156995-1317846897_thumb.png

post-156995-1317847010_thumb.png

post-156995-1317847095_thumb.png

email notification that "find my iPhone" works ( sent a sound/message to the iPod via iCloud.com ) :

post-156995-1317850776_thumb.png

Edited by smartie77

Ok, so all my machines are set up now to use it.

The Ethernet port must be en0 and internal to work. ( same for AppStore , if you can download apps, you can use iCloud ) So if a wifi is active, this has to be en1 instead of en0 , I had to delete all network devices and re-add them with Ethernet being the first. Also chameleon "built-in" hack

Thanks

I have an USB WLAN Stick which is listed as :

802.11n WLAN Adapter:

Typ: Ethernet

Hardware: Ethernet

BSD-Gerätename: en1

LAN

en0

LAN Ethernet is not active (no LAN cable) in my system.

So Ethernet is needed even if not used for iCloud?!

I can buy / dl in App Store with my Apple ID.

If i use that Apple ID in iCloud pre pane to login i get:

This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.

If i try to get an new Apple ID (in Icloud pref pane) i get that error which says i need to do that with iPhone or iPod.

So it must be an difference between Apple ID which is used / working with App Store and some "special" iCloud ID used / made by iCloud?!

Thanks

I have an USB WLAN Stick which is listed as :

802.11n WLAN Adapter:

Typ: Ethernet

Hardware: Ethernet

BSD-Gerätename: en1

LAN

en0

LAN Ethernet is not active (no LAN cable) in my system.

So Ethernet is needed even if not used for iCloud?!

I can buy / dl in App Store with my Apple ID.

If i use that Apple ID in iCloud pre pane to login i get:

This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.

If i try to get an new Apple ID (in Icloud pref pane) i get that error which says i need to do that with iPhone or iPod.

So it must be an difference between Apple ID which is used / working with App Store and some "special" iCloud ID used / made by iCloud?!

Yes, Ethernet is needed ( obviously depending on the SMBIOS.plist -- think : the MB Airs do not have Ethernet .. ) , mine is also not active, but at least it is present as a physical device. Internet is done here with a Ralink USB dongle, completely out of Apples own solutions.

I use one and the same Apple-ID everywhere, at iTunes, on the iPod , in MacAppStore and for iCloud.

I use SMBIOS of MBP5,1 , for my core2duo laptop the best bet. - I edited the plist via Lizard.app so that the infos like SMSerial etc make sense. I think a "valid" SMBIOS is also part of the trick, but Ethernet port being shown in system profiler as to be the FIRST device ( BSD name = en0 ) seems to be critical

I have gotten the same message of the Apple ID being valid, but not suitable for iCloud , until I reconfigured the devices in networking.

To re-shuffle the en0/en1 do this :

- delete all network devices in networking.prefpane.

- locate /Library/preferences/Systemconfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and delete that.

unplug /disable the wifi

- use the networking prefpane to add a interface, choose the Ethernet here.

- because we do not use it, just set it to not use DHCP but "manual", fill in static fake IP addresses and DNS servers, this makes it show the connection as active.

choose the chameleon hack of built-in ethernet too ( just to make sure ) , sometimes adding PCIROOTUID=0 will also help ( try ) I also did the EFI string , as a second "just to make sure " .. ( in Snow I could not shop at AppStore without ).

REBOOT ( with still no wifi )

Now system profiler should show Ethernet as en0.

. Now you can add the wifi .. it will then be en1.

After that procedure I could login //Setup iCloud. So iCloud logins definitely has to do with Ethernet-UUID while MacAppStore uses UUID of SMBIOS plus Wifi if no Ethernet is there ? .. something like this pattern here is the culprit in logins.

Here is my "iCloud" working boot.plist ( chameleon 2.1 with FaceTime fix incorporated ) org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

Here is my "iCloud working" SMBIOS, might be useful to inspect the "validness" of your entries. The serial is completely faked of course, like I said "Lizard.app" can help here .

smbios.plist.zip

The Lion Recovery Update, unsurprisingly, does not work on Chameleon based hacks.

Yeas.

Thats also why "find my Mac" via iCloud does not work on Hacks .

It says "a recovery partition is needed". But this does not affect the other features, it is just one item in the many features, it is not needed for the rest. "Find my iPhone" works. And on the map under "my devices" is the picture of a MacBookPro with the computer name of my L500 and of a iPod with its name. So Apple really sees my Toshiba as a "valid" "real" MacBook .. If only they knew ( I am sure they know due to the crash reports and diagnosis info of course , but the iCloud system simply relies on the SMBIOS data ).

"Remote Mac" however is offered in the prefpane . But it must be configured in the Router, NAT translation - I am not sure that I want a Apple Backdoor in my hardware firewall, so I did not turn that on .

Yes, Ethernet is needed ( obviously depending on the SMBIOS.plist -- think : the MB Airs do not have Ethernet .. ) , mine is also not active, but at least it is present as a physical device. Internet is done here with a Ralink USB dongle, completely out of Apples own solutions.

I use one and the same Apple-ID everywhere, at iTunes, on the iPod , in MacAppStore and for iCloud.

I use SMBIOS of MBP5,1 , for my core2duo laptop the best bet. - I edited the plist via Lizard.app so that the infos like SMSerial etc make sense. I think a "valid" SMBIOS is also part of the trick, but Ethernet port being shown in system profiler as to be the FIRST device ( BSD name = en0 ) seems to be critical

I have gotten the same message of the Apple ID being valid, but not suitable for iCloud , until I reconfigured the devices in networking.

To re-shuffle the en0/en1 do this :

- delete all network devices in networking.prefpane.

- locate /Library/preferences/Systemconfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist and delete that.

unplug /disable the wifi

- use the networking prefpane to add a interface, choose the Ethernet here.

- because we do not use it, just set it to not use DHCP but "manual", fill in static fake IP addresses and DNS servers, this makes it show the connection as active.

choose the chameleon hack of built-in ethernet too ( just to make sure ) , sometimes adding PCIROOTUID=0 will also help ( try ) I also did the EFI string , as a second "just to make sure " .. ( in Snow I could not shop at AppStore without ).

REBOOT ( with still no wifi )

Now system profiler should show Ethernet as en0.

. Now you can add the wifi .. it will then be en1.

After that procedure I could login //Setup iCloud. So iCloud logins definitely has to do with Ethernet-UUID while MacAppStore uses UUID of SMBIOS plus Wifi if no Ethernet is there ? .. something like this pattern here is the culprit in logins.

Here is my "iCloud" working boot.plist ( chameleon 2.1 with FaceTime fix incorporated ) org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip

Here is my "iCloud working" SMBIOS, might be useful to inspect the "validness" of your entries. The serial is completely faked of course, like I said "Lizard.app" can help here .

smbios.plist.zip

Yeas.

Thats also why "find my Mac" via iCloud does not work on Hacks .

It says "a recovery partition is needed". But this does not affect the other features, it is just one item in the many features, it is not needed for the rest. "Find my iPhone" works. And on the map under "my devices" is the picture of a MacBookPro with the computer name of my L500 and of a iPod with its name. So Apple really sees my Toshiba as a "valid" "real" MacBook .. If only they knew ( I am sure they know due to the crash reports and diagnosis info of course , but the iCloud system simply relies on the SMBIOS data ).

"Remote Mac" however is offered in the prefpane . But it must be configured in the Router, NAT translation - I am not sure that I want a Apple Backdoor in my hardware firewall, so I did not turn that on .

Hi smartie77,

Even with the Ethernet port 0 don't work this method :) .

bsdk.png

Hi smartie77,

Even with the Ethernet port 0 don't work this method :thumbsup_anim: .

bsdk.png

strange.

Then it is related to "incorrect" SMBIOS entries . What else ? .. UUID of Mainboard components ? Apple seems to lookup if it is a "real" Mac ? ..

This reminds me of the FaceTime never working, until chameleon 2.1 incorporated the fix. Can you all with none-working- iCloud try if a newer chameleon will work ..

mine is in my signatures Lion guide, the FaceTime boot file linked over there I use currently.

Hi smartie77,

Even with the Ethernet port 0 don't work this method :thumbsup_anim: .

bsdk.png

Same problem, i have no wifi, only ethernet. My ethernet is en0, so i'm good. I have the option build in ethernet in org.chameleon.boot.plist and my time machine and app store work (without building ethernet time machine don't work).

I have the option PciRoot=1 (i have a gigabyte motherboard so i need it for graphic card working).

I have no EFI string because every device work.

My SMBIOS have a date, bios version, board product, family, manufacture, product name and serial generated by champlist, normally this SMBIOS is OK because i can do retail install of Lion (without this smbios it say me my mac is not ok).

So i don't know what to do and i have always the message : This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.

Notice this account is my MobileMe migrated account, this work on my iPhone (IOS 5) and on my macbook pro (real apple). I have use the same version of the upgrade package to Lion 10.7.2 GM (11C73)

Somebody have solution ?

Anybody knows can i used 10.7.2 GM to upgrade on 10.7.2 Final release ?

10.7.2 GM is that what will be "final" on October 12. The next thing after GM is only 10.7.3, which will take some months surely.

GM = GOLD MASTER = what is shipping to everybody ( traditionally : "What will be pressed on disk", golden masters were originally sound records, the master tape, to press vinyl records from that "golden piece".., hence the term "a golden record" .. in a time long long ago )

Same problem, i have no wifi, only ethernet. My ethernet is en0, so i'm good. I have the option build in ethernet in org.chameleon.boot.plist and my time machine and app store work (without building ethernet time machine don't work).

I have the option PciRoot=1 (i have a gigabyte motherboard so i need it for graphic card working).

I have no EFI string because every device work.

My SMBIOS have a date, bios version, board product, family, manufacture, product name and serial generated by champlist, normally this SMBIOS is OK because i can do retail install of Lion (without this smbios it say me my mac is not ok).

So i don't know what to do and i have always the message : This Apple ID is valid but is not an iCloud account.

Notice this account is my MobileMe migrated account, this work on my iPhone (IOS 5) and on my macbook pro (real apple). I have use the same version of the upgrade package to Lion 10.7.2 GM (11C73)

Somebody have solution ?

give this boot loader a try, this is the one i use -- replace "boot" in / (unhide files to see ) uuid facetimefixed lion chameleon 2.1

and this is my Fakesmc ( in /S/L/E instead of in /E/E ) , might also help ? : FakeSMC.kext.zip

and then I have to say I use a fully edited DSDT, wherein Ethernet is also referred to be "built in". This might be your only way if all else fail.

Sorry, I thought it would be as simple as en0/en1 ..

Edited by smartie77

10.7.2 GM is that what will be "final" on October 12. The next thing after GM is only 10.7.3, which will take some months surely.

GM = GOLD MASTER = what is shipping to everybody ( traditionally : "What will be pressed on disk", golden masters were originally sound records, the master tape, to press vinyl records from that "golden piece".., hence the term "a golden record" .. in a time long long ago )

give this boot loader a try, this is the one i use -- replace "boot" in / (unhide files to see ) uuid facetimefixed lion chameleon 2.1

and this is my Fakesmc ( in /S/L/E instead of in /E/E ) , might also help ? : FakeSMC.kext.zip

and then I have to say I use a fully edited DSDT, wherein Ethernet is also referred to be "built in". This might be your only way if all else fail.

Sorry, I thought it would be as simple as en0/en1 ..

Thank you for your help, i use DSDT fully tuned for ethernet and C-states, etc so normally my DSDT is ok. I use chameleon 1518 and the last fakesmc (3.1.0 rev 495).

I have no webcam so i can't try FaceTime. i will try with the serial of my macbook but not sure that work because my hack is know as macpro

At this time that don't work, please find below my configuration :

- Chameleon 2.1 rev 1598

- FakeSMC 3.1 rev 495

I don't know where we can see if the ethernet is really build-in.

I use drivers package RealtekRTL81xx-0_0_90.pkg for my NIC since Lion because it don't work without that. Do you think the problem can be here ?

Please find below screenshoot of my configuration

post-21733-1317903068_thumb.png

post-21733-1317903082_thumb.png

post-21733-1317903088_thumb.png

post-21733-1317903096_thumb.png

post-21733-1317903103_thumb.png

The FaceTime fix is integrated in chameleon since rev1493 so normally i have it with my version 1598. Problem don't come from that.

Random generated serial with lizard app don't work. I've tried everything except device id efi string and still no go.

samething i haven't tried efi string because normally i don't need it.

What is in you're EFI string ?

I'm not using efi string I'm just referring to post 32 on previous page.

I have try to use an EFI string to force build in ethernet and that don't work better (i know how add EFI string because i use it before the option exist in chameleon for build in ethernet so it's not a wrong manipulation).

So too resume :

- my chameleon is ok because this version include the FaceTime fix (last version 1598)

- my fakesmc is ok (last version rev 495)

- my ethernet is build in because time machine work and force it with EFI string don't change anything.

- my ethernet is correctly en0

- Mac App Store is OK

Perhaps they check if the serial number is true (you have perhaps chance and used a real serial number in your SMBios.plist)

I don't have other idea.

I have the same problem here.

My MBP is fine with iCloud as are my iPad and iPhone on IOS5.

However my hackintosh comes up with the error mentioned by others here when I try and log into iCloud in the system preferences.

I also get this at console

The Operation couldn\u2019t be completed (AOSErrorDomain error 1000.)

one more try ;

1. Add Builtin and / or EFI string for Ethernet to boot.plist

2. remove all network interfaces from the prefpane ( via UI ) , unplug external wifis.

go to

3. /Library/Preferences/System Configuration

4. delete these both prefs here :

com.apple.network.identification.plist

NetworkInterfaces.plist

5. reboot ( wifi unplugged )

6. - go to networking prefpane UI , add Ethernet as the first one back.

7. reboot once more now

8 . - again to networking prefpane, now add back wifi

See if you can then use iCloud,AppStore,FaceTime now.

Little precision : i have try with an other profile, same problem and i have make a clear install and only upgrade to 10.7.2 and same problem.

So that really come from the computer, just find what ^^

Another thing, i have try to check the warranty on apple support site with my generated serial number and the web site say me it's a mac pro 2008 and the warranty is expired. It never say me the serial number don't exist so i think icloud perhaps don't check the serial number because support site don't know the serial number is not real.

one more try ;

1. Add Builtin and / or EFI string for Ethernet to boot.plist

2. remove all network interfaces from the prefpane ( via UI ) , unplug external wifis.

go to

3. /Library/Preferences/System Configuration

4. delete these both prefs here :

com.apple.network.identification.plist

NetworkInterfaces.plist

5. reboot ( wifi unplugged )

6. - go to networking prefpane UI , add Ethernet as the first one back.

7. reboot once more now

8 . - again to networking prefpane, now add back wifi

See if you can then use iCloud,AppStore,FaceTime now.

Yeah I've tried all this already.

AppStore is fine it's just iCloud which isn't working.

The error is definitely nothing to do with the iCloud/Apple account either. You can put in malformed email addresses and you get the same.

Gotta be to do with the PC/serial number. I hope they aren't trying to deliberately block us.

Another thing, i have try to check the warranty on apple support site with my generated serial number and the web site say me it's a mac pro 2008 and the warranty is expired. It never say me the serial number don't exist so i think icloud perhaps don't check the serial number because support site don't know the serial number is not real.

I can confirm that it's not related to the serial number. So, some kind of checking the controller remains.