Hello!

Gears of Apple

2 posts in this topic

I am shocked I passed the quiz to post here, I must not be as dumb as I thought ;) Anyway I am new to the hole Hackintosh set up. I have a few questions on what i plan to use a Hackintosh for.

Windows and Apple OS on a dual boot.

Add 5 or + high capacity HD’s. Meagre them and store all my media. (I seen PC towers With 5 HDD slots)

If I start up in Windows or Apple I would like the ability to see the Other HD’s. I am not sure if this would work as I think Apple and Windows have a different HD format. (yer pretty sure they do)

My goal here is to have Apple OS and big storage for my media. I can’t afford them big RAID’s. As I can have Windows as well it’s really a plus.

I wanted to buy a Mac Mini + 4-5 slot Raid + HDDs + other stuff. So that my reason for thinking about a Hackintosh.

And last thing, What do you use your Hackintosh for ad how well does it work with other Apple devices?

:)

A Hackintosh works fine with Apple devices, as long as USB, Bluetooth and Firewire is working, anything you plug in will work just like on a real Mac. Note that most PCs have no BIOS support for bluetooth keyboards, so you will not be able to use a bluetooth keyboard to select which OS to boot for example.

The safest and most troublefree way to share files between Windows and OS X is over a LAN. Put your hard drives in a NAS unit and attach it to your router.