Asus P6T(Non Deluxe,SE) & IiAtkos S3

Black SER

2 posts in this topic

Hello fellow hackintosh people. Well I've been at this install for the last 4 days (wife getting pissed) Anyways I just wanted to share my experience and please forgive some of the typing errors if you see them. I'm not much of a typist

Asus P6T w/bios v1408 (as of 9-30-2011...latest bios/flashed via the Asus website)

6gb Memory

1 WD 500gb HD (3 total HD's... 2 other Sata drives windows Vista & Backup unplugged)

I followed each and every guide from this website and all the guides that "google possibly can bring up". Alot of the guides out there contain missing pictures or missing links due to the age of this motherboard possibly, but it was a huge learning experience and I hope to help someone out there. I think my guide and my video is going to help you out. I was getting the usual root drive not found, also getting the IOChBlock error (storage) I mean all the dam possible errors you can think of. I had the HD's on both Sata 1 and Sata 2 etc and that still didn't work. I was at the point that I tried booting on a USB drive. The USB worked until the dam USB drive would just turn off and I'll be frozen. I was getting extremely pissed until I did this

Pre-Install

Tools you will need

1 Asus P6T (NOT THE SE OR DELUXE) with latest bios v1408

1 DVD Burned of iAtkos S3 10.6.3 (Downloaded from here)

1 IDE DVD Drive

1 Sata Hard-Drive (Must be untouched Brand New No files on it at all)

1 3x2gb sticks of (6GB memory installed is fine)

1 My tutorial

Tools that are not needed

A dam extra MAC :)

Bios

Update-Update-Update to the latest BIOS version. Then via the reset jumper reset everything. (located by the main power q-connector).post-885391-1317482575_thumb.jpg

If your bios doesn't boot up make sure the jumper is in the right place. If it starts up and you hear the usual start-up beeps, but you have a black screen. The problem is your Express Gate & you must disable it. Assuming you installed the latest bios (v1408) Keep soft restarting (reset button and not the power button) and when you see the POST message press the "DEL" key again and again. Until you get inside the blue BIOS screen. The latest version allows to do this without you thinking your motherboard is broken or video is all screwed up because you followed my guide. Follow my video for the actual BIOS settings in order for your P6T hackintosh to boot.

- Main > Storage Configuration > Configure SATA as [AHCI]

- Advanced > CPU configuration

+ Intel � HT Technology [Disabled]

+ Active Processor Cores [1]

+ A20M [Disabled]

+ everything else [Enabled]

- Onboard Devices Configuration

+ High Definition Audio [Enabled]

+ Front Panel Audio [HD Audio]

+ J-Micron eSATA/PATA Controller [ENABLED]

+ Controller Mode [iDE]

+ 1394 Controlles (Firewire) [Enable]

- Power

+ Suspend Mode [Auto]

+ Repost Video on S3 Resume [Yes]

+ ACPI 2.0 Support [Enabled]

+ ACPI APIC Support [Enabled]

+ APM Configuration > Restore on AC Power Loss [Last State]

- Boot

+ Boot Device Priority

1st Boot Device [ATAPI CD-ROM]

2nd Boot Device [Hard Drive]

See video for complete bios settings (if needed)

Hardware

1 Hard drive (Clean and not formatted) If you have any files on this future OSX hard drive or it's formatted into a NTFS or FAT32 you must clean the drive via the Diskpart command within Vista Ultimate. It has to be offline or unallocated in the diskmgmt.msc command. I believe the video has this or I will try to include it. You will make it harder on yourself if your not familiar with partition commands.

I started with 3 DVD/Blu-Ray/Burner Drives (2 are IDE drives and 1 Sata) and 3 Sata hard drives. Now here was my problem. I had the Sata drives all connected and IDE and thought I can boot up just fine. Well that is WRONG! DO NOT ever have more than 3 drives connected. Assuming all your settings are correct in the bios (like mine). You must have one IDE DVD drive connected and one Sata drive connected into the SATA 1 port (top port). When I installed mine I had SATA 1 and SATA 2 connected. IT WONT WORK..I REPEAT IT WONT WORK AT ALL. DO NOT DO IT OR TRY IT. When I had my SATA's connected I tried both SATA 1 with Sata 2 Sata 2 on Sata 1 etc....It just wouldn't work. That's when you get Stalls and grey apple panics & errors on your P6T.

Here is what I did. Boot from one IDE drive that is set to master via a jumper on the DVD drive. And make sure your Sata Hard drive is connected to the SATA 1 port and everything else is disconnected I MEAN EVERY SINGLE DAM HARD DRIVE, DVD DRIVE EVERY DAM SATA CONNECTION. I found that maybe due to firmware or something else that the install was trying to write to the Sata DVD rom and causing an error. I know no one really has a DVD IDE drive anymore, but I had these IDE drives for a some time and just have them installed. Remind you. I do have two IDE drives and am not sure if that helps it at all, but if you get problems with only one IDE drive you may want to try having two IDE DVD burners one set to master and one set to slave in the back of the DVD drives.

Ok enough writing i'm tired here is the video. Hope it helps you out.

UPLOADING MAKING VIDEO PLEASE HOLD!!!!

While I upload the video from the top post^^

I need help. Hopefully while it's uploading and I'll get some help that is needed. I want to update to Lion. I tried messing around with Lion with my new install but it turns all into re-installs (haha) because I seem to mess things up and I can't boot into OSX anymore.

What would be the best way to install Lion? I want to do the Combo update, but I tried that via the [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] and again messed something up.

I'm also having problems with kext files. My sound and all is is working, but i'm anal and want it to say exact card name Nvidia GTX285. I tried kext ultilities, but some kext are green and some are greyed out. Also if I drag a kext to the kext ultility it doesn't show anything. I need baby steps..well actually baby crawls because i'm new to all this kext stuff

I want to use all cores and enable all my settings within the bios relating to my CPU confiqurations. How would I do that? Also I want to Dual boot between my Vista 64 and 10.6.????? (or lion hopefully) How would I do this.

What the heck is DPST files How would I create one for this motherboard. I want to have to stop using the busratio=20 cpus=1 command, but once I start reading I get a dam headache because alot of the info relating to my board are broken links.

What would you recommend to get my OSX blazing like my Vista 64 with these current specs.