Mac Mini vs my Hackintosh

5 posts in this topic

I am thinking about selling off my Hackintosh (Pentium D dual 2.8ghz, 1 gb ram, 250gb sata harddrive, 120gb ide drive, SuperDrive pulled from a G5, Intel D945GNTLKR, and a ASUS x300se video card) and purchasing the New Mac Mini.

How much slower do you think the mac mini would be compared to my hackintosh. I do a little freelance design at home, but mostly just surf the web and play chess. Am I better off with the Hackintosh or with the Mac mini? This is all I can afford, so any advise would be nice.. Thanks in advance.

I am thinking about selling off my Hackintosh (Pentium D dual 2.8ghz, 1 gb ram, 250gb sata harddrive, 120gb ide drive, SuperDrive pulled from a G5, Intel D945GNTLKR, and a ASUS x300se video card) and purchasing the New Mac Mini.

How much slower do you think the mac mini would be compared to my hackintosh. I do a little freelance design at home, but mostly just surf the web and play chess. Am I better off with the Hackintosh or with the Mac mini? This is all I can afford, so any advise would be nice.. Thanks in advance.

stay with ur hackintosh....no doubts abouts about that....and buy a mac mini at least..but without selling the hack..

I would go for the mini, with the new update it's really a powerfull little thing, even if you go for the cheapest model.

I do a little freelance design at home, but mostly just surf the web and play chess.

It doesn't seem you will need anything demanding in 3D either, so the integrated graphics should serve you well.