Master Boot Record issues

zimmertr

1 post in this topic

I finally got a triboot set up on my laptop. Windows 7, Snow Leopard, and Ubuntu. It is set up as follows:

Disk 1 MBR:

System Reserved, Windows 7, Ubuntu, Linux-Swap

Disk 2 GUID:

Snow Leopard, Time Machine.

My computer is set to boot from Disk 2 because I think Chameleon is pretty. When I load chameleon, it detects Snow Leopard, System Reserved, and Windows NTFS. Naturally, I can boot in to both Snow Leopard and Windows successfully. But Ubuntu is not listed here... hm..

When my computer boots from Disk 1, I get the Windows Bootloader. I added Grub2, Mac OSx EFI and Mac OSX MBr with Easybcd. Windows bootloader detects all three, but can only boot from Windows 7. When I attempt to boot from any of the others, I get this error:

http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/4460/img20110929171833.jpg

Now, when I remove Disk 2, and just have Disk 1 inserted things change a little bit. I can in to my GRUB bootloader form which point i can load Ubuntu. But when I try and load Windows, I get this error:

http://img7.imageshack.us/img7/2961/img20110929173137.jpg

Ideally, I would like to be able to use Chameleon first, and with it boot in to each Operating System's respective Bootloader. From therein I could boot in to the other two bootloaders as well. Basically, you could cycle through the bootloaders in case you accidentally pressed enter or something.

Where do I go from here?