Bought a Digital Rebel 350

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
I finally went ahead and bought the Canon Digital Rebel 350D. I'm glad I waited since, with the new model introduction, I got one a kit for $580 on eBay including a 1 year warranty. I'll let you know about it when I get it!

phi

phi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

I finally went ahead and bought the Canon Digital Rebel 350D. I'm glad I waited since, with the new model introduction, I got one a kit for $580 on eBay including a 1 year warranty. I'll let you know about it when I get it!

:2cents:

I think it will cost you twice this price to meet your expectations (maybe?!). The kit-lens are far away from beeing quoted as good from a semi-professional or ambitious-armateur point of view. Thats why i choose olympus E-1, the optics and a extremely good (but relative expensive), they are worth the price. I'm photographing with it for more than 2 years now. Sure you get serious canon lens, for really serious prices :2cents:
My other favorite would be Nikon, but thats really not my priceclass.

So, i don't know, if you have already DSLR experience. If yes, what is your favorite day(night-)time for photography. If not I would share some of my experience...

So have fun with the new SLR!

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
Well, I opted for the Canon since my mom already has several Canon accessories that I can use for the camera... thus saving me money in the end. :(

phi

phi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 84 posts

Well, I opted for the Canon since my mom already has several Canon accessories that I can use for the camera... thus saving me money in the end. :)

Thats an argument ;)

kday

kday

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
I've personally been holding off for the 10.1 megapixel Canon EOS 400D / Digital Rebel XTi. It is priced about the same as the Digital Rebel XT was. I kinda wanted to touch it before I buy, so I am waiting for my local electronics stores to get them in (just so I can just see the menus, functions, and such). After that, I will probably buy one online.

You probably can't find a Digital Rebel XTi (body+lens) for under $900 at the moment, so the 350D is definitely tempting at 2/3 the cost of the 400D.

Now I have myself thinking again.... should I get the Rebel XT and save a bit of money, or go with the XTi.... tough decision.

romey-rome

romey-rome

SooperDooperPooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

I've personally been holding off for the 10.1 megapixel Canon EOS 400D / Digital Rebel XTi.

Dang. I'm in the same boat. I'm kind of hesitant to pay the "Be the first" premium on the XTi though. Might wait a few months, but then something else will probably catch my eye... This is going to be my first dSLR.

Swad

Swad

Founder.

• Administrators
  • 3,709 posts
I didn't think the XTi had that many great new things to offer. The dust thing is cool but sounds like something easy to mess up, and the 2 megapixel difference isn't a big deal for me. It certainly wasn't like the bump between the 300D and the 350D.

One thing I didn't realize is that there are a lot of tutorials specifically for the XT out there. That's a plus for me.

I got it this week and haven't played with it much since I'm learning about digital in general, but I've been quite happy so far.

romey-rome

romey-rome

SooperDooperPooper

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I think it's the 10MP & the 2.5" screen that is pulling me to it. I was looking @ some of the first TXI kits popping up on e-bay & the XT definitely has a better features/price ratio. Half the price almost.

Arsenicson

Arsenicson

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts
... after all, it is YOU who takes pictures, not your camera ;) megapixels won't bring you megaresults ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy