my poor old xps 430

Steven :)-

6 posts in this topic

so lost with this machine not sure where to begin

Iaktos s3v7

when i first begin i got dvd drive errors had to resort to external dvd and shut off in bios the native drives

got to the install finaly

chose chamelon rc4, ati,intel gigabite, chose no kernal, vodo for sound,key,mouse,power stat, achi for the main

installed using option -v cpus=1 all went well said success reboot and white screen a bit of hdd activity but thats about it... beating my head on what to do.

Bios is has no option for ahci so put it in raid cause that natively sets it in ahci. as well turned off the dvd drives turned off all none needed sata ports turn off fire wire

for an extreme detail on my hardware you can go to dells site and look up my service tag. simpley go to dell.com then check tech support then on left side click warranty status then input my service tag then click ok then click the center tab that says sys config 6rclwh1

general specs

4gb 1066

samsung 64gb ssd wd 1tb

ati 3870

hpauge tv tuner

q8500

intel gigabite lan

win fax mobem

blue ray

dvd rw

dell oem key

microsoft sidewinder mouse

hannspree 22 lcd hooked up via hdmi

SOME ONE PLEASE HELP

no difference even with the video swap idea

this time around on install. i decide to comand install and went with -v cpus=1 in doing so after install it got further.

it went to apple logo. then white screen then five minutes later went black been there for an hour now.. so next try. ><

EUREKA i decided to NOT do a reinstall instead. i decide to start up with the same comman and it loaded right up.. so now how to i get it to load with out haveing to use that command and see my quad ><

• 1 month later...
no difference even with the video swap idea

this time around on install. i decide to comand install and went with -v cpus=1 in doing so after install it got further.

it went to apple logo. then white screen then five minutes later went black been there for an hour now.. so next try. ><

EUREKA i decided to NOT do a reinstall instead. i decide to start up with the same comman and it loaded right up.. so now how to i get it to load with out having to use that command and see my quad ><

post dsdt in zip and ioreg

(dsdt editor)