iAtkos L1 is Out

ijij

47 posts in this topic

This distro is amazing!

I installed it yesterday on my friends computer in an hour of time. First I got pci configuration begin error when booting dvd (fixed it with boot flags -v -f npci=0x2000), then in worked fine.

Friend has a Gigabyte mobo (dont know the exact model, just tried it for fun didn't expect anything), i5 2600 CPU, gt240 and 4 gb of ddr3 ram. All went great, even VGA was recognized and fully working only with graphics enabler. I only had to add kext for sound and LAN, and now everything works great :)

Fantastic job Uphuck team, as usual ;)

Thank you very much :)

Getting to the install screen where you can load disk utility is slower than two turds rolling up hill to feed a grasshopper.

It's a great release...but you'll grow a beard waiting fro it to load. What do they do to these things to make them load so slow?

installed fine on my p5k-e wifi/ap the only ''problem'' i had was with my video card ... a ATi HD6850 i had to boot with GraphicsEnabler=No cuz i had a black screen on boot, since many of this year of ATi cards lineup are supported by default, could you make your install process to not install with graphics enabled or include it as a choice in the install process?

thanks I've been running this distro for a week now and no problem so far

I'm jealous of all the success stories. I'm trying to install this release and I seem to be freezing on the grey apple logo. I know that my motherboard isn't the most compatable: (P5N-D with nVidia 750i chipset) but I was hoping that any compatability isssues were fixed. Am I missing something? Is there a quick fix to this?

Btw I am completely new to the community, sorry if I'm posting in the wrong forum.

anyone tried to upadate to 10.7.2 ? does that work???

I'm actually on iAtkos L1 updated to 10.7.2 no problem so far ... exept i've installed chimera cus i couldn't login to iCloud..

something to do with the FaceTime fix that is applied by default by chameleon.... if u guys have problems too thats what u should do

Well, it installed fine, and (from what I can tell) booted fine, but once it comes time to show the welcome screen (or login screen, or whatever), I get this.

post-28919-1318594554_thumb.jpg

I assume there's something wrong with whatever video card enabler I've got installed (currently some version of NVEnabler, but I've tried multiple ones with no luck). It's an EVGA GeForce 9500 GT 1GB; other specs include a 1.6 GHz C2D and 2.5 GB RAM on an Asus IPILP-LC mobo.

I'll be at work until late tonight, but I'll check this thread again when I can. Thanks for any suggestions! (Come to think of it, I haven't tried it with the video card disabled and just using onboard graphics yet...)

Edit: The iAtkos installer doesn't seem to have overwritten the existing version of Chameleon (2.0.0 RC5 according to its pref pane); I primarily use a 2TB drive partitioned into Snow Leopard, then a miscellaneous storage partition, then Lion. Maybe there's simply some incompatibility between the old Chameleon's GraphicsEnabler and the Lion install — could that be it?

I get this when booting the install DVD:

"Waiting for boot volume with UUID *randomly generated array of numbers and letters*" Then
"Waiting on <dict ID='0'><key>IOProviderClass</key><string ID='1'>IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID='2'>boot-uuid-media</string></dict>"

Then the famous

Still waiting for root device

Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks in advance

-Reedim

i got a problem with installation, it shows me message "fakeSMCDevice: successfully initialized" then it stops...i wait for 20 minutes but nothing happens. what's the cause?

i've already install s3 v2 and it works perfectly

PS: i got this problem with both usb and dvd

• 3 weeks later...

I'm no closer to finding a solution to my problem, and now there's a new wrinkle: I can't back up my Snow Leopard partition (in order to install Lion in its place and hopefully replace my current Chameleon setup with that of iAtkos L1) because fsck finds something wrong — an "invalid sibling link" — and now it finds that same thing wrong every time I boot. It now takes upwards of five minutes, and often multiple stalls and restarts, to boot into SL.

I'm mainly worried that if I make a simple, non-bootable Time Machine backup to the partition I've set aside for said backup, and take the plunge, erasing my SL install and setting up iAtkos L1 in its place, I'll be left with zero working installations of OS X. It took forever just to get Snow Leopard working on this machine, and half of that (wi-fi and graphics cards) was sheer luck. Getting more suitable hardware is sadly not an option I can afford anymore. I'm just frustrated with this whole thing, I guess.

Hello everybody. I'm trying to install iAtkos L1 on my Acer 5920G (Intel Core 2 Duo T7300, 2GB Ram, Nvidia 8600GT) booting from a DVD written with TransMac. I boot with -v -f npci=0x2000 arch=i386 BusRatio = 10 PciRoot = 1

It freeze when reaching [PCI Configuration]. Any hint?

I already read a lot of this forum and tryied a lot of other methods too to get a OSX working on my pc (thought it was easy seeing a lot of people with my same pc using it): Lion and snowleopard from a usb stick, booting with Empire EFI, Camaleon and Chimera (easy beast). In all those manners I couldn't get networking working.

someone with my same pc could tell me the right method to get at least a snow leopard 10.6.6 working? thanks

Hello everybody. I'm trying to install iAtkos L1 on my Acer 5920G (Intel Core 2 Duo T7300, 2GB Ram, Nvidia 8600GT) booting from a DVD written with TransMac. I boot with -v -f npci=0x2000 arch=i386 BusRatio = 10 PciRoot = 1

It freeze when reaching [PCI Configuration]. Any hint?

I already read a lot of this forum and tryied a lot of other methods too to get a OSX working on my pc (thought it was easy seeing a lot of people with my same pc using it): Lion and snowleopard from a usb stick, booting with Empire EFI, Camaleon and Chimera (easy beast). In all those manners I couldn't get networking working.

someone with my same pc could tell me the right method to get at least a snow leopard 10.6.6 working? thanks

I have the same problem as you. I already have OSX 10.6.2 installed long ago using iAtkos. Everything works, except ethernet and wifi. The only problem is that it sometimes fails to boot (get stuck on the white screen with the Apple logo).

I've tried installing Lion using iAtkos L2, but get stuck after [PCI Configuration end].

My goal is to get at least 10.6.6 working.