vista screen resolution

zoom

5 posts in this topic

The lower limit is higher than I want, I want to set the screen resolution to something around 800x600 or 1024x768

So, is there a way to do that ?

Probably due to new graphic cards, this resolution is no more offered.

If you don't see the resolution you want in the control panel, probably there is nothing you can do.

Possible solutions: use magnification, buy a larger screen...

If your problem is mainly when surfing the internet, use larger fonts, use CTRL +, and so on.

not strictly true, with nvidia cards, the "nvidia control panel" in your control panel menu has the option for "custom resolutions" in which 800x600 or 1024x768 are 100% going to work, being that like 90% of mobo's use either 640x480 or 800x600 as a native booting resolution.

as for if its ATI, the "catalyst control panel" does the same job but sometimes it does truly block resolutions (1366x768 is a commonly blocked one).

so try it and see! i hope you can get it going

not strictly true, with nvidia cards, the "nvidia control panel" in your control panel menu has the option for "custom resolutions" in which 800x600 or 1024x768 are 100% going to work, being that like 90% of mobo's use either 640x480 or 800x600 as a native booting resolution.

Yes, I had that in mind too, but I forgot to specify it more clearly.