Grazie...

CyberKnight

CyberKnight

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Thank you!! Works like a charm.

Has anyone figured out how to get the dual monitor feature working for Workstation 8 & 10.7.2? Right now when I attempt it, Workstation tells me that it's not supported.

iRSX

iRSX

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys, I still get the "Exception (access violation)" error followed by "cannot find valid peer" message. I've used the 1.0.2 unlock provided in this thread with no errors but VMWare 8.0.1 is sitll giving me the error when I try to boot 10.7.2 Lion.

Beregost

Beregost

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
You can fix this by reinstalling VMware 8.0.1 and then download unlock-all-v102 and use that to patch your VMware to support 10.7.2 on 8.0.1. That worked for me anyway.

ElCoyote_

ElCoyote_

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Hello all,
Thank you so much for this unlocker (and thanks for sharing the code, btw). I used unlock-all-v102.zip.
I'm using this to non-reg some GPL software under OSX (my only OSX hardware doesn't have the ressources to do that).
I've used successfully the Linux version under RHEL5 x86_64 to patch VMware Worksation 8.0.1.
One thing that I noticed is that 'Apple Mac OSX' is only available as a choice if the VM is not shared. Once the VM is shared it's not a choice in the Linux GUI anymore. Not that I really care but my OSX 10.7.2 VM only works when 'non-shared' and stops working if I 'share' it through VM8's integrated VMware server.
PS: If you'd like me to test out new code, then please feel free to contact me
Thanks again,

Regards,

V. (on a 64gb Dell T5400)

I forgot: When used in the 'Shared VM' mode, the OSX kernel with 'panic' with a register dump. When used as a private VM, it works just fine. BTW 10.6.8 works fine in all cases too.

uwk

uwk

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
donk i read ur instructions here downloaded the package version 102

run as adminstrator successfully
install the unlocker sucessfully
create a virtual machine under with the apple osx 64 bit and choose the dvd as the installer disk
my processor is a sandy bridge one core i5 so i editied the vmx file and added the
cpuid.1.eax = "0000:0000:0000:0001:0000:0110:1010:0101" as MSoK say in his topic
powe on the machine and here what i get this in the attached image

help me:(

Attached Files

Aaron44126

Aaron44126

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
VMware Workstation 8.0.2 is out now. Going to update and try the unlocker shortly...

[Edit]
Ran the unlocker version 1.02 --- unlocked and booting OS X with no issues on VMware Workstation 8.0.2 for Windows.

daze

daze

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Wow, thanks a lot. Works fine on VMware Workstation 8.0.2

kup

kup

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 319 posts
8.0.2 + the 102 unlocker is working brilliantly. :)

yozh

yozh

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts
any one with 10.7.3 up and running on VMWARE ?

jcespi2005

jcespi2005

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

me, VMWare 8.0.1 and Lion 10.7.2 updated to 10.7.3 fine

thecrazy

thecrazy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Me too and it works great http://www.insanelym...howtopic=275401

Desserts

Desserts

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Has anyone managed to get iWork to display properly in VMWare? I see the chrome and all the menus, but anything I type is not visible?

Running VMWare 8.02 on windows 7.

Chris

ThinkpadFan

ThinkpadFan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Has anyone managed to get iWork to display properly in VMWare? I see the chrome and all the menus, but anything I type is not visible?

Running VMWare 8.02 on windows 7.

Chris

I'm suffering from the same issue using VMware workstation 8 and windows 7 x64.

I installed iWork on Mac OS X 10.7 (.1? but I think I updated to .3 sometime) and Pages didn't show any document text, only the menu. I suspect this might have something to do with graphics acceleration/Quartz3D etc.

Are you by any chance using VMware workstation using its remote mode as well? I tried both (local VM as well as remote "shared" VM) and they didn't work, with 3d_accel turned on in the .vmx as well as with that feature turned off.

Donk

Donk

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts
Not going to work until VMware writes video driver that support QE/CI.

ThinkpadFan

ThinkpadFan

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Not going to work until VMware writes video driver that support QE/CI.

Thank you for the insight!

So for me that means everything beyond using OS X for compiling iOS binaries and a little XCode programming it'll always stay useless on the userfront-end, realistically... too bad. :-(

kevinwalter

kevinwalter

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts
After installing I'm getting the error: Mac OS can't be installed on this computer.

What did I do wrong? VMware 8.0.1 patch 1.0.2.
Intel i7 2670QM sandybridge.

Edit:

OK I failed! Retail version...

sebus

sebus

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
You did not run it As Administrator?

sebus

dare2001

dare2001

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have found an interesting problem with ver 8.0.+ Workstation and Mac OSX 10.6.3, I have tried to update to 10.6.4 and it fails just as it starts the update.
I have been using Alberts unlocker and Donks since it was released and I thought I was doing something wrong, until I reverted back to 7 and everything worked perfectly and I was even able to install Lion.
So I made a new virtual machine under 8.0.0 with Donks 1.0.2 Unlocker and and after installing 10.6.3 it will not allow you to update to 10.6.4, I tried 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 and both are the same - failure.
I have since reverted back to WSK7 and all is working well.
I tried to update a OSX 10.6.3 WSK7 Virtual machine to 8.0 it will not allow any updates either.
I have tried the combo update and the single update and none work.
Has anyone else had the same experience or come across this and have a solution?

trentfox

trentfox

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
VMware Fusion released a maintenance update a few days ago; version 4.1.2. Anyone know if Albert's Unlocker works with the new version so that Snow Leopard client can continue to be used?

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 1 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy