Workstation 8/9/10, Player 4/5/6 and Fusion 4/5/6 Mac OS X Unlocker

Donk

543 posts in this topic

So we still need the unlocker for Fusion to remove server check. Not sure we will continue modding Fusion vmwarebase as becoming too much off a PITA to do.

Correct as per this Vmware KB article, unless everybody move to Lion

It seems that ability in VMware Fusion 4.1.0 to boot other OS was a mistake (quickly fixed)

Could somebody answer: how does Fusion work (hardware check) with Lion VM if host Lion OS X does NOT run on Mac hardware (but on a PC)

sebus

Update

I've revised the unlocker for Linux and Fusion to work for

Workstation for Linux 8.0.1

Fusion 4.1.0, 4.1.1

Link

Donk will integrate this into the official unlocker. For the time being, people that need to unlock can use this.

Could somebody answer: how does Fusion work (hardware check) with Lion VM if host Lion OS X does NOT run on Mac hardware (but on a PC)
What do you think the unlocker is for? :)

Hi there ,

first thank you very much for your efforts. I have successfully managed to install Max OSX 10.6.8 in VMware Workstation 8.0.1 using the latest unlocker.

I have installed the VMware tools and also the VMWare SVGA II v1.2.4.

The system seems to be stable and working, however, it is not very responsive, almost slow.

It is installed on a Core2Duo with 6Gy Ram and I dedicated 1 Core and 3Gb to OSX.

Is this what you get: a system which is vastly different in speed and responsiveness compared to the "original" system. I have previously installed Windows 7 under Lion using VMware fusion and speed and responsiveness was substantially better for BOTH systems.

Thanks

Gucki

For those of you having mouse problems on VM Ware 8.0.1 with Lion try the following configuration in VM Ware Input options:

Edit -> Preferences -> Input

Uncheck "Grab keyboard and mouse input on key press"

profitt?? Hope that works!

I have the same problem as you.

Tried everything, cannot fix it.

wacko.gif

I ran the unlocker against 8.0.1 and it worked fine too.

My mouse still gets stuck in the VMware window --- whenever I move it out it resets to the center.

8.0.1 breaks the way the mouse is working for me...

nope, I do not have any issues w/ mouse in all other applications there except the only one which was/is the only reason for me to use that... construction... so it seems that the fault is w/ the application (RPP) and not w/ VmWare/OSX.

nope, I do not have any issues w/ mouse in all other applications there except the only one which was/is the only reason for me to use that... construction... so it seems that the fault is w/ the application (RPP) and not w/ VmWare/OSX.

Gotcha, right after a fresh install and unlock of my VM Ware it was resetting the mouse to the middle of the screen when I tried to move outside of the VM. Only in that one program is def. strange.

For those of you having mouse problems on VM Ware 8.0.1 with Lion try the following configuration in VM Ware Input options:

Edit -> Preferences -> Input

Uncheck "Grab keyboard and mouse input on key press"

Actually... it does! Fixed my issue. Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I still get the "Exception (access violation)" error followed by "cannot find valid peer" message. I've used the 1.0.2 unlock provided in this thread with no errors but VMWare 8.0.1 is sitll giving me the error when I try to boot 10.7.2 Lion.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Thank you so much for this unlocker (and thanks for sharing the code, btw). I used unlock-all-v102.zip.

I'm using this to non-reg some GPL software under OSX (my only OSX hardware doesn't have the ressources to do that).

I've used successfully the Linux version under RHEL5 x86_64 to patch VMware Worksation 8.0.1.

One thing that I noticed is that 'Apple Mac OSX' is only available as a choice if the VM is not shared. Once the VM is shared it's not a choice in the Linux GUI anymore. Not that I really care but my OSX 10.7.2 VM only works when 'non-shared' and stops working if I 'share' it through VM8's integrated VMware server.

PS: If you'd like me to test out new code, then please feel free to contact me

Thanks again,

Regards,

V. (on a 64gb Dell T5400)

I forgot: When used in the 'Shared VM' mode, the OSX kernel with 'panic' with a register dump. When used as a private VM, it works just fine. BTW 10.6.8 works fine in all cases too.

donk i read ur instructions here downloaded the package version 102

run as adminstrator successfully

install the unlocker sucessfully

create a virtual machine under with the apple osx 64 bit and choose the dvd as the installer disk

my processor is a sandy bridge one core i5 so i editied the vmx file and added the

cpuid.1.eax = "0000:0000:0000:0001:0000:0110:1010:0101" as MSoK say in his topic

powe on the machine and here what i get this in the attached image

help me:(

post-937266-0-27533400-1326371961_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone managed to get iWork to display properly in VMWare? I see the chrome and all the menus, but anything I type is not visible?

Running VMWare 8.02 on windows 7.

Chris

I'm suffering from the same issue using VMware workstation 8 and windows 7 x64.

I installed iWork on Mac OS X 10.7 (.1? but I think I updated to .3 sometime) and Pages didn't show any document text, only the menu. I suspect this might have something to do with graphics acceleration/Quartz3D etc.

Are you by any chance using VMware workstation using its remote mode as well? I tried both (local VM as well as remote "shared" VM) and they didn't work, with 3d_accel turned on in the .vmx as well as with that feature turned off.