Workstation 8/9/10, Player 4/5/6 and Fusion 4/5/6 Mac OS X Unlocker

Donk

543 posts in this topic

I tried to look at the most recent posts but I was a bit confused -- what is the current/latest unlocker for workstation 8 (471780) ? There seem to be a few different versions floating around.... thanks

luckman,

Keep an eye on the following "How To" guide for all the relevant links on the first post, link below:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1750634

Not 10.7.1, that's fine. 10.7.2 c71 Dev build refuses to boot.

Have replicated the problem with the GM build. I can't see what is wrong currently but seems PCI Configuration is the probelm again. Tried npci=0x2000.

UPDATE: Looks like it is the SCSI drivers not loading. Also fails on real Mac and unaltered Fusion4, so not an unlocker problem.

UPDATE 2: Use the delta not combo updater. According to Apple Developer forums combo is corrupt.

I upgraded to vmware player 4 this morning and tried the windows/workstation 8 unlocker in the original post. It gave errors about restarting services at the end of install.cmd but I ran up my SL vm and it worked fine.

I only just downloaded it and will test, but ignore the errors likely to be services only Workstation has for shared VMs.

Have replicated the problem with the GM build. I can't see what is wrong currently but seems PCI Configuration is the probelm again. Tried npci=0x2000.

UPDATE: Looks like it is the SCSI drivers not loading. Also fails on real Mac and unaltered Fusion4, so not an unlocker problem.

UPDATE 2: Use the delta not combo updater. According to Apple Developer forums combo is corrupt.

Ah, good stuff. Thank you for confirming. I did think I was going mad for a second. Is the GM seed (c73) delta or combo working ok?

Ah, good stuff. Thank you for confirming. I did think I was going mad for a second. Is the GM seed (c73) delta or combo working ok?

Delta only for me. I do have Apple develoer account and there are messages on problems with combo on the restricted forums.

Delta only for me. I do have Apple develoer account and there are messages on problems with combo on the restricted forums.

Take it all back 10.7.2 is broekn on VMware including real Apple hardware and untouched Fusion 4.

Hi Donk,

I'm having a blast at my first Hackintosh and have just tried to download your zip @ http://goo.gl/fQaPS. I managed to download it successfully initially, but I damaged the file and made it unreadable. I have tried several times to download again ( a few hours after I initially downloaded it ) on two different machines and each time I get a file that is unreadable. Have you got it uploaded anywhere else?

Regards,

Hi Donk,

I'm having a blast at my first Hackintosh and have just tried to download your zip @ http://goo.gl/fQaPS. I managed to download it successfully initially, but I damaged the file and made it unreadable. I have tried several times to download again ( a few hours after I initially downloaded it ) on two different machines and each time I get a file that is unreadable. Have you got it uploaded anywhere else?

Regards,

"Official" Donk supplied files mirror, see link below:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1750634

MSoK.

Zenith,

I try running the unlocker using Ubuntu 64 and get

"U: 1: Syntax error: "(" unexpected"

I tried it using Ubuntu 32 and I got basically the same thing but I think it was a ")" instead of a "(".

Am I doing something incorrectly?

I'm assuming if there was an update there would be a post, but I'm new here, sometimes people get busy, or it's updated in another thread.

That said, iss there any update to a fix for being able to update Lion to GM?

Thanks!

I'm assuming if there was an update there would be a post, but I'm new here, sometimes people get busy, or it's updated in another thread.

That said, iss there any update to a fix for being able to update Lion to GM?

Thanks!

Nope - the issue is not understood