• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

d3xmeister

d3xmeister

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Sleep works but wake doesn't, and after wake the BIOS is reset.

Is there a fix?

It's your appleRTC that causes the problem. In my instalation I guess ##### installed that automatically with Chimera. Here's my AppleRTC file below, this should solve your problem. Also I highly recommend to use F7 bios version.

I have built a hackintosh with the GA-Z68X-UD5-B3, Asus HD6870 EAH6870DC2DI2S1GD5 and OCX Vertex 3 SSD and 16GB Corsair Venergance 1866. I have installed vanilla 10.7.2 from USB drive (prepared with Kakewalk). After the first boot I used ##### to install Chimera, the DSDT.aml from tonymac, iMac 12.2 system identifier. That's it.
Only modification to BIOS (version F7) was HPET set to 64 mode and SATA mode to AHCI. I also disabled onboard audio because I don't use it.
The system works just like a mac, power management works great, even on the Ati 6870 int works just like an Apple card, without any intervention, sleep works (but you have to keep clicking the mouse until you see the desktop). I stressed the system in some benchmarks about 3 hours and it's rock solid.

So that Asus video card I used seems a better solution than the Nvidia 580 because it works vanilla OOB.

Attached Files

Sheldon Cooper

Sheldon Cooper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi everybody, I installed Lion with F3 bios, using F8 files in creating USB stick and in post installation.
Do you think will something change if I flash bios from actual F3 to F8?

Another thing, I was used to boot from an USB stick where installed bootloader, because I have an hard disk with 4k sector that doesn't see chameleon during boot. Now I can boot only from USB installation stick, if I try to boot from the usual stick with chameleon or chimera, it says "can't find mach kernel".
Than if I press enter again, system starts booting, but I have a kernel panic "BSD process" init.

Can you please help me?
Thank you in advance!!!

Sheldon Cooper

Sheldon Cooper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Hi everybody, I installed Lion with F3 bios, using F8 files in creating USB stick and in post installation.
Do you think will something change if I flash bios from actual F3 to F8?

Another thing, I was used to boot from an USB stick where installed bootloader, because I have an hard disk with 4k sector that doesn't see chameleon during boot. Now I can boot only from USB installation stick, if I try to boot from the usual stick with chameleon or chimera, it says "can't find mach kernel".
Than if I press enter again, system starts booting, but I have a kernel panic "BSD process" init.

Can you please help me?
Thank you in advance!!!

d3xmeister

d3xmeister

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Use F7 BIOS, with any other BIOS my setup was no good. Only f7 works great for me.

Sheldon Cooper

Sheldon Cooper

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thank you, which kind of problem did you have?

sld87

sld87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Graphics have taken a hit since 10.6.4 and audio not working. It recognises the card but I think Geforce.bundle is what won't allow it boot stably, without it no QE/CI so dunno what to do..

Checoones

Checoones

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, everybody. Thanks Vic-Viper I followed your guide to install Mountain Lion on Gigabyte Z68X-UD4-B3.

sld87

sld87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
I will try installing Mountain Lion to this guide over the next few days and report back. Happy to report my system is running nicely on Lion right now.

sld87

sld87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hey guys, anyone got everything going for Mountain Lion? I managed to get it installed with ###### but having trouble restoring everything post-installl. End up causing KP's and needing to start over. Furthermore if you have a bigger HDD than 1tb you will need to do the terminal boot1 fix which I have managed to do successfully.

sld87

sld87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts
Hey guys, so to update, have 10.8.2 working to the fullest of my understanding. For those wondering, heres my steps (Have to disregard most of the stuff in this thread now)

1. Install a USB using Unibest method
2. Boot back into ML and use ###### to install your DSDT, using ##### and UserDSDT, as well as the network, and audio kexts
update everything using combo's and ###### after every update
3. After 10.8.2. you will need the latest nvidia cudas from http://www.osx86.net/view/3285-[_new_]_os_x_ml_10.8.2_nvidia_driver_304.00.05f02.html

If bluetooth peripherals playing up a bit, unplug and replug in your bluetooth usb.

everything is working fine so if anyone needs a hand drop me a line in this thread.

sld87

sld87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Can anyone else with the 560ti chime in about system stability on ML 10.8.4? I'm on the cusp of selling this card as I reckon it's whats causing my system to lock up every 10-15 minutes.

sld87

sld87

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 85 posts

Updated to Mavericks guys - flawless if you had ML installed to this point.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy