• Please log in to reply
402 replies to this topic

A2A

A2A

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
They are enabled in the bios. I am using that voodooPS2Comtroller. But I need the mouse/keyboard only while boot. After that I can remove them and use the internal keyboard/mouse.

In the chameleon loader I can use the internal ones wirhout any problem.

LostVampire

LostVampire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Instructions on page one are for Lion. I am wondering if there are any equivalent instructions that will allow me to go straight to Mountain Lion, skipping the Lion part. I would also like to keep the existing Windows 7 install on the MBR as is therefore, not going to use the EFI method. Can someone please summarize this in to a simpler set of steps for me?

Thanks

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
@LostVampire - well the method is pretty much the same for Lion or MountainLion. so yes you can go straight to ML. i posted a dsdt and kext pack - see posts 117 and 164 for 10.8.2 for my notes as there are some newer versions since the original post ... and i recently posted a revised pack for 10.8.3 - post #238.

i started with 10.8.0 and then upgraded using the combo patches but you can probably go straight to 10.8.2. i just have the older release so worked up from that.

i hate to say it but i use the unibeeest method to create a USB.
but then copy my T420 /Extra folder to the USB and remove most of the /Extra/Extension kexts. i had to remove NullCPUPM since it was crashing;.
after the install i replace and/or add the SLE kexts with the custom kexts in the zip file. the AppleIntelE1000e.kext goes further down the filesystem in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

i also have a single disk - that can dual boot using MBR format. partition1 is windows and partition 2 is OSX. i install chameleon to select the OS. i chose to not fiddle with the ML installer - i install to 2nd external disk EFI/GUID formatted and then use Carbon Copy to clone it over to my internal disk which is MBR.

good luck

verleihnix

verleihnix

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
Hello
I managed to have AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext loaded by editing plist in kext.

kernel[0]: [AGPM Controller] build GPUDict by Vendor8086Device0126

<key>MacBookPro8,1</key>
<dict>
<key>Vendor8086Device0126</key>
<dict>

It seems like the book stays cooler
What do you think?

Regards

honeywell

honeywell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
verleihnix, are you on 10.8.2/10.8.3? I am, but I'm using MacBookPro6,1 not 8,1. What temperatures are you running at after adding AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext?

verleihnix

verleihnix

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
sitting in living room and typing - 38º to 42º centigrade - 10.8.3

honeywell

honeywell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Interesting, I'm running at 42-49 degrees Celsius and my computer's been on for about 4 hours sitting on a table. I'm browsing the web and programming as well.

verleihnix

verleihnix

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
give it a try

honeywell

honeywell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Will I have to change to 8,1? I've tried 8,1 before using tluck's kext pack but it failed. Seems like 6,1 is the only working definition for me at least.

verleihnix

verleihnix

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts
try to rename the 8,1 to 6,1 and delete org 6,1 part

A2A

A2A

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
Anyone here who got the DVI Port running with 10.8.3 on the nvs4200m version? Its the only thing I still need for a perfect Mac.

EDIT:

I got the nvs4200 running :D I booted with -nosmp and it is working. Now my Hackbook is Perfekt :D

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
ok maybe everyone else already figured this out... but was getting and error 70012 when running DVDplayer. fixed it by adding this kext:
IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext -- see this thread - #8

@A2A - great news - thanks for sharing how you did it!

@verleihnix - very cool. well not sure how exactly much it is really making a difference - but its running the AGPM functions now!
i just change the string IGPU to Vendor8086Device0126 in the MacBookPro8,1 section.

$ diff Info-orig.plist Info.plist
2439c2439
< <key>IGPU</key>
---
> <key>Vendor8086Device0126</key>

verleihnix

verleihnix

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

@verleihnix - very cool. well not sure how exactly much it is really making a difference - but its running the AGPM functions now!
i just change the string IGPU to Vendor8086Device0126 in the MacBookPro8,1 section.

$ diff Info-orig.plist Info.plist
2439c2439
< <key>IGPU</key>
---
> <key>Vendor8086Device0126</key>

That's the way I did it too.

honeywell

honeywell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
For those of you on 8,1, are you on 10.8.3?

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

For those of you on 8,1, are you on 10.8.3?

yes i do

LostVampire

LostVampire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
I think I messed up some extensions. After the initial configuration, my subsequent boot from a 10.8.3 ML hard drive goes very slow and stops for a long time at this line
SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0xffff
It then moves forward by itself but I cannot not use mouse or keyboard, not even the external ones.
So, now I cannot go past the login screen.
My initial config screen also showed the same error and was very very slow.

I have removed ApplePS2Controller.kext and restored VoodooPS2Controller.kext but still no luck.
Please help.

UPDATE:
I was able to get the keyboard and trackpad to work by restoring my original S/L/E and the reapplying the pack given by @tluck in post #238. Also, it boots up in under 30secs if I do not use -f -v options. Internal audio/video, launch pad work great. Airlink USB wifi works fine. Any suggestions to replace the internal wifi card?

External Monitor VGA does not work either directly or through a dock but DVI works great .. Yay! Can I have VGA work as well?

Following are not working:

1. Internal ethernet.

2. When I close the lid, it switches to external monitor which would have been fine except for the fact that there is no way to put it to sleep. When I choose sleep through menu bar, fan keeps running and I have to hold down the power button to restart. This is not ideal.

3. Trackpoint worked fine in the installer but it doesn't work after the install. I really like thinkpad's trackpoint.

My previous attempt did not fly at all and this is still better than I expected. Thanks for your help!

LostVampire

LostVampire

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
As soon as I put AppleIntelE1000e.kext inside/System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ my keyboard, mouse, trackpad stop working and I cannot login. When booting with -f -v, I still see an annoying SuperIODevice; [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0xffff but now it just stays at that line without moving foward. I have to get the ethernet to work. Is there any other way?

Last line on the screen reads Resetting IOCatalogue. So I have removed AppleIntelE1000e.kext for now.

A2A

A2A

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
@LostVampire try using the files provided in post #164. That files are working very well for me. My machine is running OSX 10.8.3 . Do you have the nvs4200m or the Intel HD only version?
As a wifi card I am using the Dell 1510, its cheap and fast and it has native support.

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
@LostVampire

-the SuperIODevice error is "normal" for laptops and i understand it to be related to the FakeSMC plug-in stuff and not have some extra mobo chip. i get this error every boot.

-hmm. odd. when you are putting the E1000e kext in place, (make sure the root:wheel owns it) ... so

sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleIntelE1000e.kext
sudo cp -rp AppleIntelE1000e.kext /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions

Note: the version i am currently on 2.2.14 from hnak site: #1

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 710 posts
@LostVampire - a couple more notes:

1) the SNBGraphicsFB kext from post 238 does have VGA as the 4th buffer. i have to close the lid and open it for VGA - it seems to rescan the connections it get to display anything on VGA - DVI/DP/HDMI is a bit more automatic. without a dock, the 2 side ports (DP/VGA) work.

2) VoodooPSController (1.8) now combines the 3 older kext functions of ApplePS2Controller, AppleACPIPS2Nub and ThinkpadUltraNav... with this new kext, i get all 3 working: trackpad, red nub (both sets of left/right buttons) and external mouse with wheel scroll/click.

3) sleep. the apple os will not automatically sleep a laptop when you close the lid AND/WHEN an external display is connected. e.g. at home, i run my laptop docked with lid closed (to avoid dreaded buffer hangs) and it is connected to a 24 inch monitor on DisplayPort. when undocked, with just the LCD display, the lid open and close action will do the sleep/resume.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy