Dell Latitude E6420

stickpin

80 posts in this topic

i use E6420 pack from this posted dated from 12h56.

i try to disable graphics enabler from chameleon plist

reboot

KP

reboot

NVS working and keyboard luminosity control working!!!!!!!!

shutdown working...

update:/ iTunes crash every time :-(

update:/ NVS not working! Just the good resolution, and 5Mb video card, SORRY

but keyboard luminosity control working :P

are you using the new dsdt or the old one?

is iTunes working, too?

how to know that dsdt version?

graphicsenabler = no --> iTunes crash, luminosity control on keyboard work, graphic card 5mb

graphicsenabler = yes -- iTunes works, no luminosity control, graphic card nvs 4200mb 512mb

with the new dsdt the graphic card is recognized with graphicsenable=no, so i think it is not possible to get brightness control with the new dsdt atm.

the trackpad thing is driving me crazy, I'm still trying to get it working.

with the new dsdt the graphic card is recognized with graphicsenable=no, so i think it is not possible to get brightness control with the new dsdt atm.

the trackpad thing is driving me crazy, I'm still trying to get it working.

with voodoops2trackpad.kext ?

kool :)

at work i have a docking station Dell.

working if i dock my laptop.... with only one external screen and the internal.

also, i connect a lcd with success on HDMI and VGA, but not both, for the triple screen :)

did u try some things like that ?

kool :)

at work i have a docking station Dell.

working if i dock my laptop.... with only one external screen and the internal.

also, i connect a lcd with success on HDMI and VGA, but not both, for the triple screen :)

did u try some things like that ?

Yep, as I told in the original post, triple screen is not working...

Well, not really...

I tried everything I could in order to put sleep without luck... It probably has to do with either PowerManagement or with USB. Last thing I was trying was to disconnect the Broadcom modem as it is not properly recognized by OSX and is connected internally to the USB. Was worth a try but it required a lot of unscrewing so I ended up giving up on that path hoping that wasn't the issue.

The trackpad is solvable though, just either try all the Kexts out there or if you've got some developper (Darwin Kernel) skills you can try hacking the VoodooPS2 source code that's out there. Same goes for card reader...

Have fun ! I hope you can get this stuff worked out ! :)

I just installed a new system on my laptop, it works fine, except for problems with adjusting the volume level. very sorry that you leave us, I was hoping that you'll have to find a solution how to get sleep to work, but in any case, thanks for your work on a dstd file.

Volume conrtol works fine with SoundFlower for me :)

Guys I ended up buying a Macbook Pro, and thus I will stop developping for the Dell Hackintosh.

:-(

I am suspecting the sleep issue is cause by the hard drive, anyone have tried SSD installation? Do you have sleep issue?

Thanks to this forum topic, I am able to get most functionalities on the E6420 working, now only sleep and sd card reader not working. If I can get sleep to work, I consider the E6420 the best alternative than spending 1500+ for a macbook pro 15.

Here is an idea, could we post the hard drive you used in your E6420 installation?

So far I have tried the following drives:

SEAGATE ST9320421ASG 320GB 7200RPM

SEAGATE ST9320423AS 320GB 7200RPM

TOSHIBA MK5056GSY 500GB 7200RPM

Next I am tempted to try SSD, but want to see if any of you have tried it?

Oh, after the plist fix were applied to fix restart/shutdown, facetime stopped working, but skype is still working fine.

Edited by storkhsu
  • Like 1

I am suspecting the sleep issue is cause by the hard drive, anyone have tried SSD installation? Do you have sleep issue?

Thanks to this forum topic, I am able to get most functionalities on the E6420 working, now only sleep and sd card reader not working. If I can get sleep to work, I consider the E6420 the best alternative than spending 1500+ for a macbook pro 15.

Here is an idea, could we post the hard drive you used in your E6420 installation?

So far I have tried the following drives:

SEAGATE ST9320421ASG 320GB 7200RPM

SEAGATE ST9320423AS 320GB 7200RPM

TOSHIBA MK5056GSY 500GB 7200RPM

Next I am tempted to try SSD, but want to see if any of you have tried it?

I used WDC WD2500BEKT-75PVMT0 250GB 7200RPM for my installation.

@storkhsu

is multitouch working for you?

i have tried Lion sleep with my toshiba 250gb HDD, with a crucial m4 128gb and 256gb both not working.

bought a macbook pro, too. i spend a lot of time in my e6520. lion was running quiet good, but not perfect.

no sd-card, no multitouch and no sleep mode.

i created a working dsdt with nvidia graphics injected for my e6520, if anyone is interested in this, i can upload it and other people can try to get the other stuff working.

@m45k

multitouch seems to be working fine with me. I use pointer anyways, with a bluetooth mouse.

Thanks for the info on your SSD, I guess I don't have to try it on my then.

I am happy with the results on this E6420, I have a docking station, so sleep mode is not a big deal, so does facetime and sd card reader, I can use skype and a USB card reader adapter.

I am compiling a user guide for E6420 to share the installation process, if anyone is interested, feel free to request, I am almost done with it.

• Like 1

So I found out that in your plist file if you set:

GraphicsEnabler=Yes, then you lose shutdown ability, you have to push and hold the power button to complete shutdown.

GraphicsEnabler=No, you have shutdown ability, but lose FaceTime, ability to play youtube videoes on Safari and Firefox

FYI.