PCSX 1.6 Ub Pre-Release

gubbel

10 posts in this topic

Changes for 1.6 final since 1.5b test 3

General:

+ Now compiles as a Universal Binary

Pcsx:

+ Changes to freeze file support - old freeze files will probably no longer work

+ Fixed x86 dynarec core to be compatible with the Mac OS X ABI

+ Merged changes from PCSX 1.6 beta

+ Misc code cleanups

+ Fixed a few bugs in psxBios simulation

+ Made further progress toward making the timing of ppc dynarec and regular mode exactly the same. This also fixed a potential compatibility problem with the ppc dynarec core

+ Fixed handling of self-modified code to work faster in certain cases in the ppc dynarec core (FF7 battles + more)

+ Now statically links with libdl which means the emu should now really work under Mac OS X 10.2

HIDInput:

+ Removed from the default PCSX package after changing the license to a non-GPL compatible license.

SimpleInput:

+ Renaming of ASimpleInput to SimpleInput

CDDeviceInterface:

+ Fixed bug that could cause an incorrect sector to be read from the CD-ROM under rare circumstances

+ Now uses the DiskArbitration Framework to gain complete control over CD's while playing. As a consequence games with CD audio should function in Mac OS X 10.4 again.

Known Issues:

* Missing input from iShock II controller on PPC

* Switching controller plugins while a game is running might make PCSX stall

* x86 dynarec core can cause crashes in certain games

* Freeze files are currently broken

* CD-audio playback is jerky

* Sound playback is jerky at times

Download: Here

if you test it, please post your result.

Thanks! I tested it with Gran Turismo, and it ran almost flawlessly! (Intel "Hacintosh") The only problem is sound playback during movies was just a touch rough, but otherwise flawless. I'll test it with more games as time permits, and I'll also see how it runs on My PPC mini.

One question though... Is there any way yet to increase the resolution?

Hmmmm... works really well, but a few problems i noticed so far...

XA audio not working for every game, atleast not for Megaman X4.

From what i can tell... it just won't run some games i try, like Resident Evil Director's Cut, or RE2 dualshock, they load sure, but go down almost instantly. And just about everygame for me has eventually just stopped.

And the colors are weird on Castlevania: SOTN.

Hmmmm... works really well, but a few problems i noticed so far...

XA audio not working for every game, atleast not for Megaman X4.

From what i can tell... it just won't run some games i try, like Resident Evil Director's Cut, or RE2 dualshock, they load sure, but go down almost instantly. And just about everygame for me has eventually just stopped.

And the colors are weird on Castlevania: SOTN.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Works great with Simple Input PlugIn... only tried Klonoa: Door to Phantomile.

HIDInputPlugin does not work at all with my Logitech Cordless RumblePad, and hasn't worked with any previous versions of PCSX for OSX either. Buttons and stick stop working as soon as a game is loaded - Analog/Digital - it is the same every time.

PS. Using Joystick and Gamepad Tester app, there is 4 or 6 spurious entries at the bottom of the list, that do not correlate with any button or stick?!?!

(I am using an AMD hackintosh if that helps any - all other HID compatible games/emus all work fine)