HP Elite 8000...advice?

pcmeditech

8 posts in this topic

OK....I tried [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] with Hazard and got through to the desktop, restarted and it crapped itself.

Tried iPC and cant even get to the utility screen :(

Here are the specs:

Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor E8400 (3.00 GHz, 6 MB L2 cache, 1333 MHz FSB)

Chipset

Intel Q45 Express

4GB Memory (2x2GB)

1 Slimline Drive Bay, optional SD Card Reader

Integrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500

Expansion features

Ports

10 USB 2.0

2 PS/2

1 RJ-45

1 VGA

1 DisplayPort

1 audio in

1 audio out

Slots

1 mini PCIe

Media devices

Audio

Integrated HD audio with Realtek ALC261 codec, internal PC speaker

Communication features

Network interface

Integrated Intel® 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection, Intel Pro 1000 CT Gigabit (selected models)

What would you suggest to install?

pcmeditech

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I managed to get iAtkos L1 + 10.7.2 update running on a HP Compaq 8000 Elite CMT with Radeon HD5670.

What works:

* Full graphics support (Radeon HD 5670 is natively supported)

* Ethernet

* USB, PS/2

Sound doesn't work (yet). I didn't find a kext supporting the ALC261 codec for the device 8086:3a6e.

Sleep doesn't also work correctly (except for display and hard disk).

How to install:

Download iAtkos L1 and install it with the default settings except for the boot loader (don't select one and boot from dvd). I might be that your keyboard/mouse combo doesn't work, especially when you mix PS/2 and usb - best is to try out different combinations.

After the installation, use [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] 4.1 to install chimera 1.6. It might be possible that the chimera from iAtkos also works, but I didn't try this.

Perhaps you have to leave graphics enabler selected in the iAtkos installation procedure because you don't have a supported graphics card.

At least you should be able to boot ;-)

Afterwards install the Hackint0sh.L10N-1072.Update.dmg. All other updates also worked for me (iTunes, remote desktop, raw camera support etc).

Hope this helps.

PS.: any ideas for the ALC261 sound device?

• 5 years later...

Wow, such an old thread!

I actually own this piece of hardware HP 8000 pimped up with:

quad core 9650

4x4Gb fast ddr3 memory

2 sata ssd's

1050ti

It's low profile model with 230 Watt PSU. I use it to virtualise and excercise for CCNA, some basic programming and gaming obviously. It handles Witcher 3 really nice.

So yesterday managed to install macOS Sierra 10.12.6. Works as charm. Since there is no guide around I'm going to post it soon.

• 1 year later...

This is work in progress as I'm now waiting for the installer to boot up ;) After some time not using macOS I'm now again installing it on my HP 8000. Here you got the link to compressed Clover bootloader with kexts configured to work with HP 8000.

You'll have to make an install medium, I'm using InstallSiera.app.

Preparing the drive is simple. Just get a working mac, download Sierra macOS installer and type in terminal (change path to one corresponding to installer you have downloaded):

$ sudo ~/Downloads/InstallSierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB/ --applicationpath ~/Downloads/InstallSierra.app/

Password:

Ready to start.

To continue we need to erase the disk at /Volumes/USB/.

If you wish to continue type (Y) then press return: Y

Erasing Disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%...100%...

Copying installer files to disk...

Copy complete.

Making disk bootable...

Copying boot files...

Copy complete.

Done.

It takes some time (or drive I'm using is going kaput). But after some 20-25 minutes the usb stick will be ready. One more thing to do before you'll be able to hook it up in your target hackintosh. Type in terminal

$ diskutil list

You will see summary of storage partitions available on your system. In my case USB is on /dev/disk2 and EFI partition has number 1 so

$ sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI

$ sudo mount /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/EFI

You will be able to browse contents of EFI partition with Finder. Download linked file, extract it and copy everything from extracted folder to /Volumes/EFI. You should be ready. Boot your target machine with pendrive attached, hit F9 and choose to boot from USB. You will see Clover bootloader menu, choose to install macOS and follow normal macOS installation.

If for some reason after first boot you wont have USB input working go back with your USB to another mac, mount EFI and go to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Rename USBInjectAll.kext.nouse to USBInjectAll.kext and cross your fingers it will work. 

Booting to installer takes really long time but I promise you you'll finally get there. Or it is my pendrive going kaput and on your hackintosh setup it will start faster. Good luck!

sierraOS HP Elite 8000.zip

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/23/2019 at 6:19 AM, kitzhubsch said:

This is work in progress as I'm now waiting for the installer to boot up ;) After some time not using macOS I'm now again installing it on my HP 8000. Here you got the link to compressed Clover bootloader with kexts configured to work with HP 8000.

You'll have to make an install medium, I'm using InstallSiera.app.

Preparing the drive is simple. Just get a working mac, download Sierra macOS installer and type in terminal (change path to one corresponding to installer you have downloaded):

$ sudo ~/Downloads/InstallSierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB/ --applicationpath ~/Downloads/InstallSierra.app/

Password:

Ready to start.

To continue we need to erase the disk at /Volumes/USB/.

If you wish to continue type (Y) then press return: Y

Erasing Disk: 0%... 10%... 20%... 30%...100%...

Copying installer files to disk...

Copy complete.

Making disk bootable...

Copying boot files...

Copy complete.

Done.

It takes some time (or drive I'm using is going kaput). But after some 20-25 minutes the usb stick will be ready. One more thing to do before you'll be able to hook it up in your target hackintosh. Type in terminal

$ diskutil list

You will see summary of storage partitions available on your system. In my case USB is on /dev/disk2 and EFI partition has number 1 so

$ sudo mkdir /Volumes/EFI

$ sudo mount /dev/disk2s1 /Volumes/EFI

You will be able to browse contents of EFI partition with Finder. Download linked file, extract it and copy everything from extracted folder to /Volumes/EFI. You should be ready. Boot your target machine with pendrive attached, hit F9 and choose to boot from USB. You will see Clover bootloader menu, choose to install macOS and follow normal macOS installation.

If for some reason after first boot you wont have USB input working go back with your USB to another mac, mount EFI and go to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other. Rename USBInjectAll.kext.nouse to USBInjectAll.kext and cross your fingers it will work. 

Booting to installer takes really long time but I promise you you'll finally get there. Or it is my pendrive going kaput and on your hackintosh setup it will start faster. Good luck!

sierraOS HP Elite 8000.zip

The link is not working anymore. Too bad it's not even one month old....