No SATA on P5Q Pro Turbo (ASUS)

GTACRFreak

9 posts in this topic

Never heard of this issue. *shrug* ICH10R in AHCI mode should just work. My P5Q-E has ICH10R as well and I can boot OS X with only fakesmc.kext in /Extra/Extensions.

As I said there are minor cosmetic issues with drives appearing as external, as well as ICH10R appearing as "Generic SATA controller" but those can be fixed via legacy kexts and/or DSDT edits and don't interfere with actual functionality, AFAIK.

Try enabling ACPI 2.0 and ACPI APIC (under power management) if they aren't already enabled..disable Express Gate, enable all CPU features except CPU ID limit.

If everything fails, try a CMOS reset. P5Q series boards are weird, can get stuck and sometimes need a "tilt", especially if you have installed new RAM, a new CPU or if you have updated the BIOS. It's like hitting an old TV on the side when it doesn't work right...except a CMOS reset won't make the problem worse.

Refer to your motherboard manual on how to do this and remember to set your BIOS settings back the way they were when you're done.

Could it be because.. i Instaled it With iAtkos S3 updated to 1.6.8 made an DSDT and the run'd Lion ? (10.7) Because id didn't had an SATA working in iAtkos S3.. Problem is i have a Buy'd SL and Lion DVD here.. bu i never got it to run....

only with iAktos

• 2 weeks later...