gigabyte z68 boards re: sata ports

septicdeath

1 post in this topic

I've been running a hack with the x58 series gigabyte for quite some time. Im in the process of building a new rig. I have access to a GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard, which I am aware that with mutibeast as well as kakewalk there should be no issues. My question is about the sata 3gb and sata 6gb ports, back with the x58, only one set of sata ports could be used (I believe it was the white ports [the ones with no onboard raid functions]). Has this changed with the z68 series chipsets? I cant find any glaring info (I admit my search skills suck). The 68 series seem to have a very varied amount of ports, but just in the number, they all seem to have the same 6gb ports and just more or less of the 3gb ports.

Can someone confirm that all the sata ports now work (even if with a modded ddst) or is it the same layout where only specific sata ports can be used. I only intend to boot osx on this system but would like to use all 6 internal sata ports on the GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 motherboard?

Thanks in advance. I will continue to search, like I said, I can read all kinds of posts about success with the MB, just no one is talking about using all the sata ports, I have quite a few older 1tb drives that I would like to use internally on the onboard sata ports.

-SD