dual booting os x on windows 7 laptop

ammaar

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, i just got a new laptop, its an Acer Aspire 5750G and its currently running windows 7 Home Premium. I want to dual boot mac os x on it. The specs on it are 750GB, 8GB ram, intel core processor which is an i5-2410M, its got a dedicated graphics card which is a NVIDEA GeForce GT 520M. its also got a USB 3.0, the netword adapters is i think Atheros AR5B97 Wireless Network Adapter which is what it says under device manager, under network drivers is also Broadcom NetLink ™ Gigabit Ethernet. i can also name anything else that you will need to point me in the right direction.

I want to run Mac OS but at the same time have windows 7, i also have a windows 7 professional CD with original keys etc and i plan to install that when install Mac OS X since i have done a bit of research and i get that i will be required to install Windows 7 again.

Is my device capable of dual booting ? if so then how exactly should i go about it and could i have some really thorough instructions, like really simple and basic instructions please